2015 Grand Cherokee

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Have You Driven the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Super nice vehicle at a fair price point.

by Tool Guy from Nebraska on Mon May 11 2015

We purchased a new 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit with the Hemi V8. It scores a 10 out of 10 in all categories in my opinion. My only concern is a very firm feel in the seats when new. I would guess this will soften up with use. Even with firm seats, this vehicle rides absolutely amazing. This vehicle is very easy and enjoyable to drive, looks great inside and out, and is full of high end features you would expect in a "luxury brand" vehicle at a fraction of the price when comparing MSRP numbers. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for anyone that wants a very nice vehicle without the high end price tag. Note: I got a Summit, which includes adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance system, high end audio, heated and cooled seats, etc... If you want the vehicle for a few less dollars you should look at the Overland or the Limited. That would get you a real nice vehicle at a lesser purchase price. With that said I feel the Summit that I bought is a "high end" vehicle with a "middle class" price tag.

Don’t believe the negative press on jeeps

by Rick from Pinellas Park on Wed Jun 20 2018

This Jeep has been nearly perfect in its performance . Never a hiccup.and with the V-8 high output engine it moves like a racecar !

biggest mistake ever made

by frustrated jeep owner from on Fri Apr 24 2015

Bought a 2015 jeep grand cherokee injan 2015. March 2015 in the shop liftgate not latching. Less than 2000 miles. April, it would not start. Left us stranded in va. and could not finish/enjoy vacation. Dealer had no clue what the problem was & chrysler wasn't much help. Less than 3300 miles and have lost confidence in the jeep.

Do Your Research First

by Disappointed Jeeper from Philadelphia, PA on Wed Feb 10 2016

I lease a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo E 4x4 which I've had for 11 months to the day. I only cross-shopped this vehicle with a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, and settled on the Grand Cherokee after being truthful with myself about the amount of times I would be able to use the Wrangler to it's full potential. Before leasing the vehicle, I had heard of a few issues with the 2014 Grand Cherokee models, but could not find anything negative about the 2015s and assumed any kinks had been worked out. I love this car for its exterior and interior styling. I have pretty much a base model car, but it comes with many standard creature comforts like the keyless enter and go, push button start, power seat, automatic dual zone climate control, etc. It also looks like a much more expensive vehicle. I HATE this car for its cheap build quality and faulty electric systems. As soon as I drove the vehicle off the dealer's lot I noticed that the headlights flicker sometimes when the car is shifting. On several occasions my radio has completely shut off and restarted while I was driving, other times it has just simply shut off and does not reset until I restart the vehicle. I have also had my instrument cluster turn completely black while driving, which includes my speedometer. Two days after getting home with the car I noticed that my seats were ripped at the seams in the second row and passenger seats where no one had sat before. This is a minor problem, but just an example of the cheap quality workmanship. Roughly six months after buying the GC, I started hearing sloshing water in the driver's side dashboard. At first I attributed it to heavy rains the night before, but after continuously hearing the water and it progressively getting worse, I brought it to my local dealership. After several weeks of back and forth with them, they took the dashboard apart below the steering wheel and removed a 1/2 gallon of water; however, they were unable to identify the source of the water. A few days ago, on a cold February morning, I heard a piece of ice slide across the dashboard as I turned corners. The water issue is back and is now freezing! Before being able to make an appointment to have this looked at, my entire climate system: heat, air conditioning, and defroster stopped working altogether today. The fan started blowing at full blast and then suddenly stopped and started to make a knocking noise. It wasn't a fun ride to the dealership on a 28 degree night. I'm eagerly awaiting the resolution to this most recent instance of my reoccurring problem and will make every attempt in my power to just get rid of this vehicle ASAP. The beautiful aesthetics and interior finishes are not worth the headache and aggravation of being without a car once a month while it sits in the dealership and they scratch their heads looking at it.

Enjoying Jeep land!!!

by New in Jeep land from Richmond, TX on Wed Dec 31 2014

I puchased a 2015 CHEREKEE JEEP 1st week in Nov. 2014, drove it two days and was just not happy with the size. My salesman, Eugene Smith, had been so gracious and went "beyond" to be sure I was happy with my decision. Well, 2 days later I was not happy and called Gene. He listened to my feelings and invited me back. Through his efforts with management, I am now driving a 2015 GRAND CHEREKEE Larado JEEP. Happy as a lark, I've already driven off into the sunset over 1,000 miles oneway!

Detroit Auto Worker

by Reliability is job #23,921,898 from Detroit, MI on Thu Jan 01 2015

... this post is coming from a former assembly line worker turned electrical engineer for chrsyler ... 1. Fit n Finish - LOOKS great, but a closer eye shows huge misses - tail gate mis-aligned is a big issue. 2. Removed FLIP REAR GLASS on back hatch ... deal breaker for me (others don't care, but i use the UTILITY-ness of that feature every day). 3. No EMBEDDED CROSSBARS ... i have to buy after sales crossbars that look non-integrated? come on jeep ... 50k can't get me an sUv (the U is capital for a reason!) 4. TRANSMISSION ISSUES - no thanks ... this is at least 3 years down-the-road from being ironed out ... i'll let someone else work out these kinks! And please, ONLY purchase the ZF manufactored tranny (V8, Diesel) and not the chrysler sourced ZF one (V6). 5. ELECTRICAL ISSUES - this is probably what scares me the most ... after the 3y36k warranty is up ... a minimum repair bill for electrical (look at all the 2014 posts) is 3k ... THEY REPLACE THE ENTIRE UNITS ... they don't repair anything ... its a total replacement. The same can also be said for the TRANSMISSIONS ... they tried the infamous throttle/body fix ... but in the end, are massively replacing TRANSMISSIONS 6. ENGINE. At least jeep got it somewhat right here ... except for the DIESEL DEF problems (again, google it ... its a pretty big deal and is the reason the 2015 JGC Diesels were held-back until they rectified the problem). 7. GEAR SHIFTER. It was a nice concept, but if you poll all 175,000 2014 JGC owners, i think you'll find they'd prefer the TURN KNOB shifter (or even the legacy shifter) and not the mistake-prone (over shot the selected gear) on the post 2013 JGC's. 8. WARRANTY. I'm normally not a fan of after-market warranties, but if you're hellbent on purchasing any post 2013 JGC, please do get the MAXCARE warranty ... YOU WILL THANK ME WITH FUTURE DOLLARS SAVED!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

Reliable and ready to go anywhere

by Max Steel from jericho NY on Wed Jan 07 2015

Just leased a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo from Fred B. Everyone at the dealership was helpful, courteous and made the process so easy. We are enjoying our new Jeep with heated seats and sunroof. The car has everything you could want-comfortable interior and great new styling for 2015!

Uses car for Off-roading

Excellence Over the Past

by PC from Ct on Thu Apr 02 2015

I had a jeep years ago and frankly Hated it... Everything but the looks... The New Jeep Grand Cherokee is a completely different vehicle. Rides wonderfully, handles great, and gets you there in style. If you want top of the line bells and whistles with room and ability to go anywhere this is the one for you. There are other options out there but best bang for your buck in this category, Take one for a drive and you will realize this too.

SUMMIT

by Swoyerpr from Northeast PA on Fri Jun 15 2018

Bought a preowned 2015 Summit. LOVE the wonderful ride, appearance, and powerful 5.7 Hemi engine. No problems with it so far. Extremely quiet ride. Really like the overall looks and high grade materials used in the Summit package...Napa leather, Harman Kardon stereo, etc. Excellent value on the used market. I drove E class Mercedes for last 10 years and enjoy the Grand Cherokee more. I still own my old 04' Grand Cherokee with 180K miles that I bought new 14 years ago..hope my Summit is as trouble free as my 04 ! My wife drives a MB ML350 and both of us prefer the ride , room and creature comforts of the 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit over the ML350

Stylish looks superb sound system 5.7 hemi

by Pauli C from BRADENTON FL on Mon May 21 2018

My wife chose the car mostly on looks and my daughter wanted blue tooth and best audio to connect her i phone and play music and I wanted to try the 5.7 hemi engine. Whilst we love the car we are disappointed with front stowage space and tiny trunk - on balance we should have traded our Expedition for another more up to date one. I also imagined the engine would be more powerful and sound more throaty than it does. As my wife says as the one who drives it, a great car for one person! We bought the Overland model so it is loaded with extras.

Our Take on the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Editor’s note: This review was written in February 2013 about the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2015, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Chrysler’s 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee pretty much saved the company’s bacon as it struggled to pull itself out of a demoralizing bankruptcy. Now Jeep is presenting a refreshed 2014 Grand Cherokee even as the old one is still propelling the brand to record sales numbers, and the problem is this: How do you improve on what is already a good thing?

The 2014 Grand Cherokee is a subtle refresh, with money spent simply on... Read More