2003 Kia Sorento consumer reviews

$19,995–$21,900 MSRP range
side view of 2003 Sorento Kia
Explore the 2003 Kia Sorento

I like it so well that I'm getting one for my kid

I live in south Georgia and have to travel to west Texas often. It is an extremely comfortable ride, the performance is great, plenty of room for my luggage and sound system is perfect for the long drive!

3.6

I thought I was buying a reliable SUV

I love my Kia Sorento, bought used just last November 2007, has all the power options, comfortable, etc, but it has been in the shop for repairs more that I've gotten to drive it and it doesn't have that many miles. I believe it's a lemon at this point.

2.9

Too pricey for the quality.

I've had mine for several years now and am plagued by frequent electrical problems and minor technical issues that have more than made up the difference in pricing for some of the higher priced competitors that have a reputation for quality. Would not recommend a Kia Sorento. Multiple dealerships have been unable to resolve the multitude of issues that have recurred including keyless entry failures, power lock failures, unable to remove key from ignition, and inability to engage park. Fuel economy is also horrendous and I have a light foot.

4.3

This is such an awesome car

MPG aren't that great but everything else is awesome I got this car used in 2005 when I turned 16 it had 87000 miles on it and I was totally bummed because it was kia but once I got in it and drove I loved it! Mine has leather,sunroof,woodgrain and is just awesome the factory sound system is bumping and my friends always look in the back to see if I have subs, This car has never broken down on me and it now has 100,000 miles on it I've driven it from Tennessee where I live to Oregon no problem. This car is just awesome and if you can afford this gas get it!

4.4

A real gas-hog

I have found my Sorento to be very comfortable, reliable and stylish when compared to other SUVS on the market. I am really having concerns about selling this vehicle due to the poor gas mileage and gasoline costs continuing to increase. While I like the car alot, I have to consider the long run and will probabally get something more economical. That is my next concern. Resale of a Kia is not the easiest thing to accomplish!

Everlast

Bought this truck a few weeks ago.. and i'm am in love... I was a little shaky at first seeing as how it had 88,000 miles on the odometer when i test drove it... but i drove like new. And the best part is, it's still covered by a warranty. I hope this truck holds up for the next 4-5 years, and if so, i will definately return to Kia for years to come.

great drive good value

sporty looks are only the beginning. The sorento is a reliable roomy mid size suv. The interior is well appointed and designed for comfort .

"BEST SUV ON THE MARKET"

I PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE NEW OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR AND IT IS THE BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. IT NOW HAS 36000 MILES AND HAS NEVER BEEN THE SHOP FOR NOTHING EXCEPT ROUTINE MAINTENANCE. I TRADED MY 2000 SEPHIA I ALSO PURCHASED NEW FOR MY SORENTO, THE SEPHIA PROVED TO BE A VERY GOOD CAR ALSO. I AM LOOKING TO REPLACE MY SORENTO WITH THE UPDATED 2007 MODEL, AND I AM SURE IT WILL BE AS GREAT AS MY 2003. GREAT JOB KIA, YOU HAVE GOT A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!!

The Kia is an Excellent choice for a purchase

Beautiful condition, inside and out. Must drive to see how this car handles the curves and so smooth on the highway. Quiet, and dependable vehicle while comes with a warranty. Service records all kept up and has new brakes. I would recommend a KIA Sorento to anyone who wants a reliable, safe and dependable car.