2015 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews

2015 Kia Soul
Average based on 45 reviews

Great little car

by from Phoenix< AZ on May 4, 2016

I just bought my Kia Soul in October 2015. I have wanted one for a long time. it is a great vehicle. Nice interior, drives well, good on gas looks good. It doesn't have any get up and go, but I am very happy with my purchase. It has plenty of room. More than you think. I would recommend this car to everyone.

Nice and cheap

by from CA on February 7, 2016

I'm 6'3" and this is the only economy car I could drive everyday. Found a base 2015 manual transmission for around sticker price OTD. Nothing particular about the Soul is spectacular, but like a great team the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. 130hp isn't much, but light weight(2700 lbs) and a 6,750 rpm redline gets it done around town or on the highway. Turning radius is tight and planted. Ride is very comfortable with 16" wheels. Plenty of ground clearance to make speed bumps and dips manageable. Conquer dirt trials no problem. Fuel economy is a steady 25-30 mpg, not record setting but still frugal. The car zips around like a lifted GTI With a base model you can pretty much upgrade anything for low cost. Aftermarket navigation, sound system, interior lighting, fits a wide range of rims and tires sizes, and if someone can develop an aftermarket turbo for the Gen2 1.6 like they did with the 2010-11 2.0 manual :-) Overall great drivers car for bean counters. Fun, functional, customizable, and CHEAP.

Love love love it

by from Winston Salem NC on July 28, 2016

Just traded in our 2007 RAV4 for the 2015 Soul+ . Wow what an upgrade. This car is so tech savvy . We got the shadow black with the Kia red trim . It looks like a demon really a head turner. Put it in sport mode and hold on. Our RAV4 could barely get out of it's own way. This really a fun little car and the gas millage is great. Very satisfied.

Marsha

by from Toledo Oh on February 20, 2015

I love my new KIA Soul. I bought it Jan 28th. I live in Ohio so we have had a lot of snow,my SOUL drives very well in it. I have a Stick Shift,and it is front wheel drive. It is roomy,and fun to drive. I really miss not having a CD Player. I use that when I travel,but they have usb ports (but I am NOT a Technical person) Also I have bought all these CDs over the years.

The Best Commuter Car For The Money

by from Reno, NV on April 21, 2016

I have owned 15 cars in my lifetime, and driven dozens more. For the money nothing has impressed me in quite the same way as the Kia Soul. Sure, there are faster cars. There are more prestigious cars. There are sexier looking cars. But no other $20k car has the combination of attributes as the Soul. It's uniquely styled and instantly identifiable as a Soul - this is about as iconic (think VW Bug) as anything to come out of Korea. It's roomy, has a smooth shifting transmission, rides/handles decently, has very comfortable seats, comes available with an awesome infotainment system (Infinity), and is shockingly roomy given the compact exterior. It's just so easy to live with as a daily driver. The material quality is about as good as anything you will find for $20k, regardless of make. My complaints are few: Interior colors are too limited, the fuel economy is mediocre at best, and the paint is thin and chips easily, but that goes for most new cars these days with water based environmentally friendly paint. As long as they don't mess up the winning formula, we will continue to own at least one Soul in our household. Well done, Kia!

First New Car; Excellent

by from North Carolina on August 29, 2015

I just recieved my 2015 Kia Soul (!) on August 18th! It is in the Cloud White exterior color and has the beige leather interior! It is an amazing car! I average around 26 mpg in the city and 32 on the highway. The system once told me I was getting 78.4 mpg when I reset the trip computer and coasted down a long decline on the highway! Pretty nifty! The interior is top notch and there is plenty of space! All of my friends think I'm crazy for driving a Korean product, but, frankly, I'd rather have another Kia over a lot of luxury car brands. Anyways, this is a great car with lots of...SOUL, and I have yet to have any sort of mechanical or electrical problem with the car. *knock on wood.

Great Car

by from Ottawa ON on February 10, 2016

This is the best car I have owned to date. It is a fun, quick and reliable car. As a mechanic I work on a lot of import vehicles and the Kia and Hyundai products are the only ones I'll buy for my own use. The performance is fantastic for its size and the interior size is amazing. I would recommend this car to anyone.

No get up

by from Albuquerque on November 18, 2015

Like the car, design and company. It has zero get up and go. Driving on a hill is awful. I might as well be on the bike lane. Overall, I get what I paid for.

Love My Soul

by from Whitsett, NC on July 27, 2016

Best small car I have ever owned. Sharp looking, adequate power, smooth power train, very comfortable and useful interior space. All around great car. I have the 2.0 liter engine. Very pleased.

Great Car

by from Canton on September 17, 2015

Lots of room, More than what it looks on the out side I can put a walker , Wheelchair, 2 dogs. plus groceries. Good gas miles. Now I have a BLACK SOUL.