2017 Sportage

2017 Kia Sportage

2017 Kia Sportage

Have You Driven the 2017 Kia Sportage?

A very happy compromise

by American Fool from Boulder, Co on Tue Apr 25 2017

I was looking for a smaller SUV, something with higher ride height to save my knees, but not too huge, it's mostly an around town and commute car. I checked out the Forrester, Rav4 Hybrid, Outback, CX-5, Leaf (incredible deal on those locally). I wanted something with a bit more power than the 4 banger base model I'd had for 20 years. The simple answer is the Rav4 (great reliability) and CX-5(great drive) lost out due to lack of power. The Subaru models were great, a little short on style, but also a bit costly, and also the side view mirrors had limited adjustability (I couldn't eliminate my rear blind spots as a result.) I'm also a touch reserved on their CVTs, improved as they may be. The Forrester XT was my second choice to the Sportage. The Sportage had drawbacks too, some below, but it seemed the most complete package w/r/t what I was looking for. The nice interior and the improved reliability on recent Kia/Hyundai redesigns tilted me to the Sportage (the V6 Sorrento also had my eye, but we have one big suv already.) Still not entirely convinced, I went for a lease. I picked up the AWD Turbo on a 3 year Lease for a shade under $33K. White w/ black interior. -Turbo Power is a blast, but a little unsteady in the delivery, it can ramp real fast and kind of stall out - this can be offset with pedal control once you learn it's quirks. -AWD is good, but the OEM tires don't have great snow grip. One drawback of a lease, since you don't want to ditch good tires. Also, the differential lock is a button next to the drive mode, and it's a little too easy to accidentally turn it on. Twice in 4 months. - Mileage. I have the worst combo, and it can suck. Bumper to bumper city street can go as low as 15 or 16 mpg. Around town, I get 17 or 18 usually. However, it does much better commuting... 80 mph, 23-24 mpg. 75 mph, 25-26 mpg. 70 mph, 27-28 mpg. 60 mph, 29-30 mpg. Hills will lose you up to 10% of those figures, but Phoenix was flat and easy. - Traveling. Handled clothes and gear for 3 of us on a 3,000 mile trip, and the cover in place to hide our luggage. Could've handled 4, but the cover would've had to go. -Drive. Secure handling, sporty and firm suspension. Solid car, but high speed cornering reminds you of it's relative height. Still, great overall stability. - Height. I wanted something a bit higher than a sedan to save my knees! Fits the bill. - Auto features. I use the lane-tracking etc, but be aware, in a snowstorm in Flagstaff I was alerted my safety braking was no longer functioning. Being new to these features, it took me a little while to figure out that the snow was collecting on the car and blocking the necessary sensors... the limits of real life. There are many features I haven't even had time to program or understand yet. -Drive Mode. I like the Eco drive. It's a little quirky, but keeps me grounded most of the time. Standard mode is great for everyday driving when you think you might want a little extra power a little faster. I liked having the sport mode available for crowded driving conditions, this almost erases the turbo lag and gives you good ability to accelerate when needed. This is the most responsive mode, but again, you have to learn the turbo, it doesn't carry a smooth power curve up to 75 mph, for example. - Infotainment. You can't program the map while driving, which means your passenger can't either. Love the radio, USB port, iphone connectivity, it's all good. Also, the fuel finder that tracks down proximate gas stations is great when you are low on fuel in new territory. All in all, I rate it about 4.5 stars. I still have reservations, and will probably turn it in after the lease period is up, but the car is definitely a blast, and continues to grow on me.

Very happy with my Sportage

by Gail from Fort Worth, TX on Sun Nov 27 2016

Just purchased a Sportage EX from Moritz Kia. I love the way the Sportage handles, very comfortable. My salesman, Roscoe Korngut made sure I got the model and features that were important to me, did not over sell. The EX had everything I needed, except for a sunroof. Roscoe made sure the work on the sunroof was completed, had it ready before the scheduled date. Would I recommend Moritz Kia, you bet! Be sure to ask for Roscoe.

Greatest Car I have ever owned

by Lisa Mello from Warrington, PA on Sat Apr 29 2017

The quality is superb, extremely comfortable. As an owner of a pet sitting business my car is my second home, so comfort, safety and reliability are extremely important to me.

2017 KIA Sportage

by Jim in OKC from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Mon Mar 27 2017

Happy with 2008 KIA Sportage and wanted to stay with new warranty. So far, the new car appears to be well made with no problems.

Best vehicle I?ve ever had!

by Barbara from Memphis Tennessee on Wed Jun 13 2018

This SUV is great! Very comfortable, great gas mileage, sharp looking inside and outside. Perfect mid-size SUV . Has to be the best vehicle I have ever had !

Love It

by Barry Wareham from Harrisburg Pa on Thu May 17 2018

Everything I was looking for and very happy with everything about the car, My wife very happy with it and if I keep her happy I will have a happy life

Most value for the money

by Nesia from Fairhaven on Fri Jul 13 2018

The Kia Sportage has all the common features one needs or wants in a compact suv. Roomy interior. Good styling. Good visibility. Sufficient power from 4 cyl. Convenient USB ports and sound jack.

Stylish, comfortable, responsive.

by Patryk from Farmington Hills, MI on Fri May 27 2016

After spending two months shopping around and test driving numerous compact SUV's on the market I have decided on 2017 KIA Sportage EX FWD. After two weeks of owning the car I have to say that I am definitely not regretting my decision. The new Sportage is an excellent vehicle. My primary use is daily commute and I am doing a lot of driving, covering 400-500 miles weekly. It is very comfortable, roomy inside, responsive in driving (as long it is not in ECO drive mode that gets a little sluggish with acceleration), and get's decent MPG ratio. I am doing fairly even mix of city and freeway driving and I am getting very close to 28 miles per gallon. I have purchased EX trim with FWD and Premium package. I was considering getting AWD, but since I never go off road the extra $1500 was an expensive feature that I would not benefit much from, with the exception of few snow days in the Winter. Ultimately I opted against it, especially that FWD does have slightly better gas usage. The Premium Package on the other hand is very useful and have tons of conveniences. I absolutely love my panoramic sunroof , the infotainment system with Android Auto (greatest advantage of that is that I can use Google Maps displayed via USB cable on the car's screen instead of paying extra for the Technology Package that adds additional cost to the car) and the blind spot detection. Rear view camera is very clear and has huge viewing area too. I have not had a chance to experience heated seats and steering wheel yet, but I am sure I will love those features in the winter time. Kia is no longer a "cheap" brand, but it made leaps and bounces in quality and it's offering and the new Sportage is the best example of that evolution. Visually there is nothing like it on the market and after a first look that left me a bit unsure about it's design I have very quickly fell in love with it's shape and unusual shaped grill. You well defiantly find your car easier in the parking lot as it stands out in a very good way. I can strongly recommend it to anybody who wants a small SUV that drives like a car, but provides extra room, versatility and gets some points for style and comfort. Over all, it's a great buy.

Sporty yet comfortable , very quiet, fun to drive,

by Mike from Sacramento cal. on Sat May 21 2016

Very nice vehicle. This car is well built and roomy for its class. The car handles well with little body roll. The exterior is very european and stands out in a good way. The interior is all first class. Great to be able to add the popular package to an entry level car. The performane is quick for a 2.4 l. Gas mileage is also decent. Like the upgraded power seats. Heated too. Very pleasurable car to be driving.

A Lot of Bang for your Buck!

by CarLovingMom from Sewell, NJ on Tue Apr 25 2017

I had never ever considered a Kia before seeing the new Niro, the Sportage, and the Sorento at the 2017 Philadelphia Auto Show. I researched the SUV's through Consumer Reports, and was wowed by their ratings. After test driving the 2017 Sportage and comparable Toyota and Mazda SUV's, my husband and I were sold on the Sportage. Rated as a compact SUV, the Sportage does not feel small. It is roomy and sporty. The AWD SX Turbo that we purchased has amazing punch, combined with economy driving settings to increase gas mileage. The panaramic sunroof, heated mirrors, heated and vented seats are features not offered or only optional on other manufacturer's SUV's in this class and price. Lane departure warnings, brake assist system, and auto high-beam adjust are a few safety features that make this SUV stand out. The Harmon-Kardon surround sound system and voice controlled navigation pushes it over the top. We love driving our new Sportage and have recommended it to friends who are impressed when they see it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33

Our Take on the 2017 Kia Sportage

The verdict: Kia’s updates to the redesigned 2017 Sportage touch every part of the compact SUV and leave it much improved.

Versus the competition: The Sportage now is among the top contenders in its class, and to me is the best all-around vehicle of the bunch, combining a (dare I say) fun driving experience, plenty of cargo room and a comfortable interior.

The 2017 Kia Sportage went under the knife for a thorough redesign and emerges primed to take a spot among the most elite compact SUVs. The Sportage is Kia’s longest-running nameplate. This marks its fourth generation — and the best by a landslide. See the differences between the 2017 and 2016 versions of the Sportage here.

Compact... Read More