2018 Stinger

2018 Kia Stinger

Have You Driven the 2018 Kia Stinger?

So far so good

by Chanogram from Brooklyn Center, MN on Sun Dec 31 2017

I own the GT2 trim Stinger. As an early adopter, I don't regret the decision yet. The car is incredibly fun to drive and can turn heads driving down the street.

Funniest car i've owned

by Jason Babin from St. Martinville, La on Thu Mar 08 2018

I recently purchased a Kia Stinger GT2 AWD. At first i was not sure if i "trusted" owning a kia but, i must say after driving the stinger i was extremely impressed. Kia has come a long way and i would recommend this car to anyone who wants a fun to drive, sporty, and functional car. I also have a 4 year daughter and there is plenty of room in the car for her car seat and her "toys"

WOW!! KIA HIT THE BULLS-EYE!!

by oneroer from Boca Raton Florida on Mon Jan 22 2018

Awesome Car in every category. It looks great, drives great, goes like a rocket and is super comfortable. All functions are simple to use and work flawlessly. What a super car. The Germans are in big trouble.

A German sports sedan from KIA

by BoomBoom from Milwaukee WI on Sat Mar 10 2018

I've owned Porsche turbos, Audi RS6's and Ford Taurus SHO's to name a few. This car is downright impressive. I had heard that they got a little twitchy handling wise and I felt that when I first drove. Then I found that all four tires were aired up to 2 pounds over the maximum. When I got tire pressure to specs, it changed everything to the good. Engine is supposed to put out 365, but it feels like much more. The only complaint with engine is it's too quiet for the way it moves the car! At the same time, the quiet is much appreciated on long road trips, which by the way, are very comfortable with totally adjustable seats and a well thought out interior. Seats are a little low to the ground when getting in and out, but ,hey, it's a sports sedan. Price compared to comparable vehicles is impressive and KIA has started to develop a culture of well made, reliable cars. The only reason I three stared reliability is because I haven't had it long enough to know.

A true GT. It does everything well!

by GRStinger from Grand Rapids on Fri Jun 29 2018

GT2 AWD. I've owned it for 6 weeks, and I love it. I started researching cars over the winter. Wanted to move up to at-least an entry-level luxury brand e.g., Audi 5 Sportback, Infiniti Q50, etc. I started reading the great reviews for the Stinger. Took one for a test drive and I was blown away. The power (wow!), handling, and overall performance are fantastic. The interior build quality is excellent. And hatchback/utility of the car is a real plus for me. I see it as a true grand touring car: getting you long distances quickly, in comfort and in luxury. And, by the way, it gets a lot of admiring looks from other drivers. Folks' first reaction is "that's a lot of money for a Kia". And, I m sure that a lot of "brand snobs" will turn their nose up at a Kia. Actually, I see it as a steal. Comparably equipped, the comparable luxury brands would be another $20k. I only rated Reliability 4 stars, because I haven't had it long enough to really tell. So far, no problems, squeaks or rattles. Solid.

Just bought but love it so far.

by Susan (new stinger owner) from Valley Springs CA on Tue Dec 19 2017

Car has met and exceeded all expectations! I love the interior design. The sears are extremely comfortable. The power is amazing in this car!

"This is a KIA?!"

by SeattleStung from Seattle, WA on Tue Feb 06 2018

First time purchasing a Kia. We were in the market for a replacement for our Accord and had also considered a new Mazda6 as well. We wanted something that would fit me, my wife, our 4yr old and our stuff for a long weekend+, not be a crossover, and have somewhat sporty driving characteristics. I'd seen articles on the development of the Stinger and was aware of Kia's growing reputation, so my wife agreed to go to the dealership. We drove their Optima SX, then Niro, and they were pleasant enough, but then we looked at a Stinger and she drove first. The 1st thing she said as we got in was, "This is a KIA?!" and then we started driving. She said she didn't want me to drive it because she loved it and knew it was already game over. The car handles like a true Gran Turismo--firm, but supple suspension, precise steering and actual feedback, and excellent ride quality. Doors "thunk" closed with authority, and fit and finish is excellent. Even though we got "just" the base model the standard feature list is impressive, and of course there's the 10yr powertrain warranty. But even the base 2.0 has enough grunt to put a smile on our faces and, well...just look at it! For the price we would have paid for a Touring spec Accord, Camry XLE, or Mazda6 GT, we instead took the chance on a new model and are so far very happy to be first adopters of this impressive new car--full stop. Yup, it's a Kia, and yes it is awesome!

Kia nailed it with this one.

by Williamtucker1 from Charleston, SC on Fri Jan 05 2018

What you get - high performance, stylish looking (Audi/BMWMaserati), beast of a car. Very fast yet I get 30 mpg. What you pay for - A KIA. This car far exceeds value for money. Could not be happier in my Stinger.

A magnificent blend of power and grace

by Stingerick from British Columbia on Mon Dec 18 2017

I can't imagine a more satisfying car for me at this time. It is still very new to me, so I can't really comment on reliability, but so far perfect. Part of me wanted a hot rod, part of me wanted a luxury cruiser, this car can be either when required. A brilliant blend of performance and comfort.

Fun to drive. got a mode for whatever your mode.

by joe1je from Houston, Tx on Mon Jan 15 2018

I have bought about 25 new cars in my life and this is by far the most fun one to drive I have ever bought. Great performance, cool body style and great gas mileage make my Stinger a joy to drive.