2013 Range Rover Evoque

2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque?

Evoque

by Diet Doc from Phoenix on Thu May 15 2014

great car has a few quirks like not being able to switch to digital speedometer (which is available on all Evoques except the United States for 2013. It's great driving and great looking. interterior on the Dynamic trim level is superior. 825 watts stereo is great also.

70,000 miles, no issues.

by Brantner from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Aug 18 2018

I?m shocked that I haven?t had any major issues with this vehicle. Cons: best city mileage: 16 mpg, best highway: 26 mpg. Break pads need replacing once a year but I drive mostly city. Warning lights come on randomly and then disappear. Stereo control on the steering wheel doesn?t always work. Have to start and restart. Battery had been replaced twice in four years. Don?t take it to the dealership for maintenance outside of warranty. They will screw you. Pros: has been reliable, obviously looks good, performs well off-roading, turbo is awesome, is comfortable for the front passengers, is quiet and a smooth ride. I will purchase again when I begin having major issues.

Awesome

by Dapman on Fri May 25 2018

Better than I thought it would be. Drives wonderfully. I will get this vehicle again. Has so many bells and whistles. I will have this vehicle for years to come.

Better than i expected

by Johnnie from CHICAGO on Thu Feb 15 2018

Very excited about this vehicle. The four cylinder is pretty good, wish it had a six? Just for alittle more getty-up?

Comfortable ride!!!

by Zack H from Indianapolis, IN on Sun Nov 19 2017

Car has meet and exceeded my expectations. It is quite pricey though. You get what you pay for. Handling is on point. Solid frame and tight suspension. Very comfortable interior. Easy access to panel. Very stylish. Down side is that the back is quite a tight fit. Not good for family car unless kids are in car seats.

The BEST car I ever had!

by Di from New York City on Wed Dec 13 2017

Super luxury car! Amazing red color. Beautiful and comfortable salon. Luxury heated seats. Very easy self-parking system. And amazing Surround Sound System. Very safe car.

I love the way it handles.

by Ms. Rover on Fri Jun 30 2017

I love the GPS and having my phone and phone book loaded to make using the phone hands free. I also love the cameras when backing and parking.

Really fun car to drive!!

by R Del 82 from Chesterfield on Sun Jul 09 2017

I'm impressed with the speed and handling of this truck, feels kind of like a sports car. I just might be hooked for life!!

My First Range Rover

by Sprovi427 from Chicago, IL. on Thu Dec 31 2015

After years of my mouth dropping to the ground in awe every time a Range Rover passed by me on the street, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a brand new Santorini Black Evoque Pure Premium in October 2013. When I first bought my Evoque, I was hard pressed to find a feature that disappointed me. Arguably one of the best looking SUV's on the road, it handles impressively, had a killer panoramic moonroof (which doesn't open, unfortunately - but I knew this when I got the car), the xenon headlights and fog lamps were the best I had ever seen, and the comfort of the seats surpassed those of the Lexus I owned prior. However, while about a year and a half later my opinion that the Evoque is a leader in it's class hasn't changed, there are some pretty large ticket items that Land Rover needs to work on to retain its technology-inclined clientele. My biggest complain (which should be no surprise to anyone who has ever been behind the wheel of a Land Rover product) is it's nav system. Not only is it egregiously slow, but the voice command feature is will lead you to receive your AARP card in the mail sooner than it takes to enter a full address. To enter a destination using this feature, you need to go through a dozen steps that epitomize redundancy. Try entering an address the old-fashioned way and you'll realize it took so long that now you are running late for an appointment. Once you do complete the 1400 steps it takes to enter your destination and start your route, give yourself plenty of time to arrive as the Rover nav system will more likely than not take you on detours as if you have all the time in the world. My advice - stick to voice guidance on your smart phone and leave the navigation system be. You should also expect for your backup camera to render itself completely dysfunctional at about 3500 miles, surprising both you and the little old lady behind your vehicle that you don't see while reversing because the camera is completely frozen and without it you'll be hard-pressed to see anything around you. Contrary to Rover's claims of achieving fuel efficiency rates of 20 city, 28 highway, at 10 thousand miles I have yet to see my average surpass 16.3. This is especially disappointing considering I averaged 15.7 with my '05 Grand Cherokee with a 5.7-liter Hemi. The Evoque does have a good amount of positive attributes too though. For one, it handles phenomenally in the snow, especially in snow mode. Front and rear passenger seats are spacious and comfortable, even with five average sized adults during long distance journeys. When driving this car definitely gets attention. I had my rims powder-coated a high gloss black and it turns heads even more than with the chrome rims I had on it before. The trim finishes inside are nice - black leather, titanium silver accents, turn-knob shifter, large navigation screen, good sound system and the heated windshield is an amazing feature in the winter (I threw away my snow brush!...but then I realized I needed it to clean the other windows - oops!). The blind spots take a while to get used to, but once you do it's easy to feel one with the car. Pros: turns heads, great lighting for vision at night, good acceleration, nice finishes, handles great in the snow. Cons: poor gas mileage, creaks and rattles at 9500 miles, deplorable navigation system, sometimes difficult to maneuver on the highway, horrendous treatment in service department at dealerships, transmission ill matched with vehicle.

Never again for a Land Rover

by Don't let looks deceive you. from Ft Lauderdale, FL on Wed Jan 21 2015

I had to have the 2014 Evoque. Purchased in August 2014, has been in the shop for engine/transmission problems and no cure in sight. I would never recommend this vehicle or company. Beautiful vehicle, but that is it.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

Editor's note: This review was written in November 2011 about the 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Land Rover's 2012 Range Rover Evoque knocked us out — every single one of us — with its standout styling, interior accommodations and driving dynamics.

I've spent the better part of 20 years explaining to the uninitiated that Land Rover is a manufacturer's name and Range Rover is a model name. With the introduction of the Range Rover Evoque, three of Land Rover's five models in the U.S. use the Range Rover name. Why did I bother?

Joining the... Read More