2013 Range Rover Evoque

2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque?

Evoque

by Diet Doc from Phoenix on Thu May 15 2014

great car has a few quirks like not being able to switch to digital speedometer (which is available on all Evoques except the United States for 2013. It's great driving and great looking. interterior on the Dynamic trim level is superior. 825 watts stereo is great also.

What a great crossover!

by Henry from Denver, CO on Fri Nov 08 2013

the best category to put this car in is a Crossover, in fact the first crossover ever from the legendary land rover and they hit the nail right on the head, everything in this car is meticulously thought of and perfected cosmetically and functionally. I was driving the 2 door version on a road trip at night the dashboard and the interior the comfort and ride made me forget that I was actually driving it honestly felt that I was flying an airplane. the Meridian sound system is hands down the best I have heard in a car made my 10 hour ride as enjoyable as it could get. the 2 door version is definitely the winner between the two models, I believe the original prototype was a coupe and they later added the 4 door model for functionality but I think that was a big mistake the whole style of the car is ruined by the second set of doors so if you don't absolutely need the second door I recommend buying the 2 door, you will still have a second raw seat that has even more head clearance! and the look of the coupe is just gorgeous I get looks and comments from everyone that notice it and it does get noticed a lot.

So Far, So Good!!!!

by Golden State Warrior from Augusta, Ga on Thu Jun 15 2017

I currently owned this vehicle for three months. It has met all my expectations except for couples issues. Being a four cylinder, it have doesn't power and acceleration that I'm used to. It is noticeable when changing lanes or trying to accelerate to pass car, getting through yellow light or etc. Also the gas mileage is more so on the low side rather than the high side. I get somewhere around 20-22 around town and 24-26 on the highway. However all other areas, I'm quite please with vehicle. Both the interior and exterior is quite stylish, as I'm constantly complimented on its appearance. So far, So good!!!!!

70,000 miles, no issues.

by Brantner from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Aug 18 2018

I?m shocked that I haven?t had any major issues with this vehicle. Cons: best city mileage: 16 mpg, best highway: 26 mpg. Break pads need replacing once a year but I drive mostly city. Warning lights come on randomly and then disappear. Stereo control on the steering wheel doesn?t always work. Have to start and restart. Battery had been replaced twice in four years. Don?t take it to the dealership for maintenance outside of warranty. They will screw you. Pros: has been reliable, obviously looks good, performs well off-roading, turbo is awesome, is comfortable for the front passengers, is quiet and a smooth ride. I will purchase again when I begin having major issues.

My First Range Rover

by Sprovi427 from Chicago, IL. on Thu Dec 31 2015

After years of my mouth dropping to the ground in awe every time a Range Rover passed by me on the street, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a brand new Santorini Black Evoque Pure Premium in October 2013. When I first bought my Evoque, I was hard pressed to find a feature that disappointed me. Arguably one of the best looking SUV's on the road, it handles impressively, had a killer panoramic moonroof (which doesn't open, unfortunately - but I knew this when I got the car), the xenon headlights and fog lamps were the best I had ever seen, and the comfort of the seats surpassed those of the Lexus I owned prior. However, while about a year and a half later my opinion that the Evoque is a leader in it's class hasn't changed, there are some pretty large ticket items that Land Rover needs to work on to retain its technology-inclined clientele. My biggest complain (which should be no surprise to anyone who has ever been behind the wheel of a Land Rover product) is it's nav system. Not only is it egregiously slow, but the voice command feature is will lead you to receive your AARP card in the mail sooner than it takes to enter a full address. To enter a destination using this feature, you need to go through a dozen steps that epitomize redundancy. Try entering an address the old-fashioned way and you'll realize it took so long that now you are running late for an appointment. Once you do complete the 1400 steps it takes to enter your destination and start your route, give yourself plenty of time to arrive as the Rover nav system will more likely than not take you on detours as if you have all the time in the world. My advice - stick to voice guidance on your smart phone and leave the navigation system be. You should also expect for your backup camera to render itself completely dysfunctional at about 3500 miles, surprising both you and the little old lady behind your vehicle that you don't see while reversing because the camera is completely frozen and without it you'll be hard-pressed to see anything around you. Contrary to Rover's claims of achieving fuel efficiency rates of 20 city, 28 highway, at 10 thousand miles I have yet to see my average surpass 16.3. This is especially disappointing considering I averaged 15.7 with my '05 Grand Cherokee with a 5.7-liter Hemi. The Evoque does have a good amount of positive attributes too though. For one, it handles phenomenally in the snow, especially in snow mode. Front and rear passenger seats are spacious and comfortable, even with five average sized adults during long distance journeys. When driving this car definitely gets attention. I had my rims powder-coated a high gloss black and it turns heads even more than with the chrome rims I had on it before. The trim finishes inside are nice - black leather, titanium silver accents, turn-knob shifter, large navigation screen, good sound system and the heated windshield is an amazing feature in the winter (I threw away my snow brush!...but then I realized I needed it to clean the other windows - oops!). The blind spots take a while to get used to, but once you do it's easy to feel one with the car. Pros: turns heads, great lighting for vision at night, good acceleration, nice finishes, handles great in the snow. Cons: poor gas mileage, creaks and rattles at 9500 miles, deplorable navigation system, sometimes difficult to maneuver on the highway, horrendous treatment in service department at dealerships, transmission ill matched with vehicle.

LandRover does not stand behind their vehicles!

by Ckbxc on Tue Nov 14 2017

2013 RR Evoque. At 53,000 miles, engine light on, with loss of power. Take to LandRover dealer, it’s the turbo. But, the warranty expires at 50,000 miles!! I was quoted $4,600.00. The car was dropped off at LR 3 days after an oil change. Not only the turbo, but a oil leak that was an additionaI $1,000.00. I called LR corporate, they didn’t care either. All they would offer was a 25% discount. It is 3,000 only miles over the warranty!! I bought the car used, so I did not have an option for an extended warranty. A $55,000 car, should not have a bad turbo at 53,000 miles. Very expensive for a ‘luxury SUV’ that doesn’t want to run. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

I HATE MY EVOQUE

by NOLA Renovator from New Orleans, LA on Mon Feb 17 2014

This car looks great standing still. The sound system is great, the seats firm and comfortable, the ride decent, great gadgets - high beam assist works like a wizard - I'm an engineer and the ability for the car to figure out when to turn on and off the high beams is quite cool. HOWEVER, I get similar mpg to my 4.2 liter V-8 BMW X-5 (about 2-3 mpg more), but with a gutless 4 cylinder. At a standstill, you floor it, count to two, then the car starts accelerating. Under 3000 rpm you get nothing. At 3000 rpm, the turbo kicks in and gives you too much. It's really an issue in traffic. At 30 mph in moderate traffic, you barely give it a little gas and it drops what feels like two gears, hits 3000 rpm, snaps your head back, you get off the gas, tap the break, and start over. It is enough to make me hate driving it. I believe Land Rover realized this, as well as the horrible gas mileage, and put a 9 speed in the 2014. It's sticker is 30 mpg highway instead of 28. After shelling out mid 60's for the Dynamic version, I find myself regretting the commitment I made. I called Land Rover to see if they would take it back, and they said it is operating as designed, so no. The head mechanic at the dealership explained to me there is way too much piping between the turbo and the engine, making the turbo lag worse. I have been driving on the gravel/snow program, which reduces the hard downshifts, but decreases acceleration as well. I have never owned a vehicle I paid more for, and also hated it any more than this one. Shame on Land Rover/Tata for selling such a poorly designed vehicle.

Never again for a Land Rover

by Don't let looks deceive you. from Ft Lauderdale, FL on Wed Jan 21 2015

I had to have the 2014 Evoque. Purchased in August 2014, has been in the shop for engine/transmission problems and no cure in sight. I would never recommend this vehicle or company. Beautiful vehicle, but that is it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Beautiful, Fun and AWESOME!

by Urban RockStar from virginia on Mon Dec 10 2012

I traded in a sports car because I needed somethig bigger. I was afraid of driving an SUV until I stumbled upon the evoke. It's gorgeous, fun and has everything. Drives like a car, plenty of room and I fit six folks from grad school to a party in the car. It was really really tight but we made it..and that was with the trunk area filled with bookbags! Comfortable seats, gorgeous interior and exterior, gas mileage about 25mpg, nice quite ride. I don't listen to radio much..and i can tell you...I don't hear anything. I love the iphone integration thru speakers. It is awesome for phone and navigation! Only thing..wish it had a trailer hitch...and six cylinders to haul a sailboat. But this is an urban fun cross over not a big suv...would be nice to have the option.

Evoque is a Nightmare

by Frustrated from Baltimore MD on Tue Nov 12 2013

The Evoque was towed back to the dealership within hours of me taking possession due to engine problems. After 5 days the dealership said it replaced a sensor and returned it to me. After 6 more days, the engine problems were back.. Vehicle towed back to dealership, which had it for over a week and replaced the entire computer for the engine and put over 300 miles on the vehicle testing it. Got the vehicle back and the first time I drove it the engine would not start when I wanted to return home. The vehicle could not connect to its own key fob in the vehicle. Waiting for dealership to tow it back again. The dealership has had the vehicle more time than me and put more miles on it than me since I purchased it Oct 17, 2013.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

Editor's note: This review was written in November 2011 about the 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Land Rover's 2012 Range Rover Evoque knocked us out — every single one of us — with its standout styling, interior accommodations and driving dynamics.

I've spent the better part of 20 years explaining to the uninitiated that Land Rover is a manufacturer's name and Range Rover is a model name. With the introduction of the Range Rover Evoque, three of Land Rover's five models in the U.S. use the Range Rover name. Why did I bother?

Joining the... Read More