2013 Range Rover Evoque

2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

3.5

Have You Driven the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque?

Too many problems

by Charlie31 from California on Fri Jul 10 2020

Range rover was a dream car of mine and I was lucky enough to final buy a 2013 evoque. However I have since falling out of love with them. We have had to have so many things fixed on this car, each time not cheap. It has under 40,000 miles! We've had electric issues, replace rear differential and most recently the alternator has had to be replaced, again with under 40k?!?! I'm getting rid of it as it's really is too much to deal with. I can see why it's one of the most traded in cars with short ownerships. Just look online and you see so many other owners have many mechanical problems. For a car to claim to be a "luxury" car it at least should be able to work most of the time!

Does not recommend this car!!

I love the way it handles.

by Ms. Rover on Fri Jun 30 2017

I love the GPS and having my phone and phone book loaded to make using the phone hands free. I also love the cameras when backing and parking.

Never again for a Land Rover

by Don't let looks deceive you. from Ft Lauderdale, FL on Wed Jan 21 2015

I had to have the 2014 Evoque. Purchased in August 2014, has been in the shop for engine/transmission problems and no cure in sight. I would never recommend this vehicle or company. Beautiful vehicle, but that is it.

Evoque

by Diet Doc from Phoenix on Thu May 15 2014

great car has a few quirks like not being able to switch to digital speedometer (which is available on all Evoques except the United States for 2013. It's great driving and great looking. interterior on the Dynamic trim level is superior. 825 watts stereo is great also.

Not Just a Sporty Mom Car

by collectbabs from Columbia, SC on Tue May 28 2013

who needs a minivan when you can zip around in the Range Rover Evoque, have room for kids and groceries, and have a smooth ride. It's not the boring ole SUV because even the base model has the bells and whistles. I love the dash and center console design. All of the buttons and knobs are easy to reach. most needed controls are on the steering wheel. The backup camera is a must, as well as the one touch rear door opening. The wheel base offers a close-to-road ride and the large tires hug the road. We recently took it through some forest trails on a camping trip and the different AWD programs showed how it can perform off road as well as on road. As soon as I saw this car last year I knew it would be my next car. Fortunately I loved it more after test driving it a few times. Now I gotta find some cool accessories to personalize it.

LandRover does not stand behind their vehicles!

by Ckbxc on Tue Nov 14 2017

2013 RR Evoque. At 53,000 miles, engine light on, with loss of power. Take to LandRover dealer, it’s the turbo. But, the warranty expires at 50,000 miles!! I was quoted $4,600.00. The car was dropped off at LR 3 days after an oil change. Not only the turbo, but a oil leak that was an additionaI $1,000.00. I called LR corporate, they didn’t care either. All they would offer was a 25% discount. It is 3,000 only miles over the warranty!! I bought the car used, so I did not have an option for an extended warranty. A $55,000 car, should not have a bad turbo at 53,000 miles. Very expensive for a ‘luxury SUV’ that doesn’t want to run. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

Evoque is a Nightmare

by Frustrated from Baltimore MD on Tue Nov 12 2013

The Evoque was towed back to the dealership within hours of me taking possession due to engine problems. After 5 days the dealership said it replaced a sensor and returned it to me. After 6 more days, the engine problems were back.. Vehicle towed back to dealership, which had it for over a week and replaced the entire computer for the engine and put over 300 miles on the vehicle testing it. Got the vehicle back and the first time I drove it the engine would not start when I wanted to return home. The vehicle could not connect to its own key fob in the vehicle. Waiting for dealership to tow it back again. The dealership has had the vehicle more time than me and put more miles on it than me since I purchased it Oct 17, 2013.

I HATE MY EVOQUE

by NOLA Renovator from New Orleans, LA on Mon Feb 17 2014

This car looks great standing still. The sound system is great, the seats firm and comfortable, the ride decent, great gadgets - high beam assist works like a wizard - I'm an engineer and the ability for the car to figure out when to turn on and off the high beams is quite cool. HOWEVER, I get similar mpg to my 4.2 liter V-8 BMW X-5 (about 2-3 mpg more), but with a gutless 4 cylinder. At a standstill, you floor it, count to two, then the car starts accelerating. Under 3000 rpm you get nothing. At 3000 rpm, the turbo kicks in and gives you too much. It's really an issue in traffic. At 30 mph in moderate traffic, you barely give it a little gas and it drops what feels like two gears, hits 3000 rpm, snaps your head back, you get off the gas, tap the break, and start over. It is enough to make me hate driving it. I believe Land Rover realized this, as well as the horrible gas mileage, and put a 9 speed in the 2014. It's sticker is 30 mpg highway instead of 28. After shelling out mid 60's for the Dynamic version, I find myself regretting the commitment I made. I called Land Rover to see if they would take it back, and they said it is operating as designed, so no. The head mechanic at the dealership explained to me there is way too much piping between the turbo and the engine, making the turbo lag worse. I have been driving on the gravel/snow program, which reduces the hard downshifts, but decreases acceleration as well. I have never owned a vehicle I paid more for, and also hated it any more than this one. Shame on Land Rover/Tata for selling such a poorly designed vehicle.

What a great crossover!

by Henry from Denver, CO on Fri Nov 08 2013

the best category to put this car in is a Crossover, in fact the first crossover ever from the legendary land rover and they hit the nail right on the head, everything in this car is meticulously thought of and perfected cosmetically and functionally. I was driving the 2 door version on a road trip at night the dashboard and the interior the comfort and ride made me forget that I was actually driving it honestly felt that I was flying an airplane. the Meridian sound system is hands down the best I have heard in a car made my 10 hour ride as enjoyable as it could get. the 2 door version is definitely the winner between the two models, I believe the original prototype was a coupe and they later added the 4 door model for functionality but I think that was a big mistake the whole style of the car is ruined by the second set of doors so if you don't absolutely need the second door I recommend buying the 2 door, you will still have a second raw seat that has even more head clearance! and the look of the coupe is just gorgeous I get looks and comments from everyone that notice it and it does get noticed a lot.

Horrible Vehicle

by Tee Wilson from Charlotte, NC on Wed Jan 09 2019

I’ve had it less than a year and have had to replace the engine with a brand new engine the 8 months later find out it needs a turbo charge that has gone out! I hate this vehicle and will never buy or recommend any Range Rover vehicles

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

Editor’s note: This review was written in November 2011 about the 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Land Rover’s 2012 Range Rover Evoque knocked us out — every single one of us — with its standout styling, interior accommodations and driving dynamics.

I’ve spent the better part of 20 years explaining to the uninitiated that Land Rover is a manufacturer’s name and Range Rover is a model name. With the introduction of the Range Rover Evoque, three of Land Rover’s five models in the U.S. use the Range... Read More