2002 Lexus GS 300 consumer reviews

$38,605 starting MSRP
side view of 2002 GS 300 Lexus
Explore the 2002 Lexus GS 300

Fuel efficient and a beast of an engine

This car went the fastest that I have ever driven in a car, and it was smooth the whole way through. Fuel efficient for a luxury straight-6. It was very comfortable. That engine is the JZ model that they put in Toyota Supras. I gave up on mine at 174k miles with front suspension issues and an oil leak.

4.4

Nice luxurious car! Especially as a first car!

Rides smooth, accelerates well (definitely has some gitty up regardless of age). Very forward-thinking features. Reliable and performs well overall. Would definitely recommend as a used or pre-owned car.

Very reliable vehicle

I'd recommend to anyone. Very great car, nice and smooth well done car . You can't go wrong with Lexus/Toyota

4.3

most reliable car engine you can have

The GS300 has the glorified 2JZ inline 6 cylinder engine. It will last you as long as you want if you are smart. Currently driving one with over 310,000 miles and commonly run into 2JZ owners with even more and still going strong.

Lexus GS300

AT 215,000 miles, this is still my go-to car for cross country travel. I never doubt it's reliability, and it is the only car I've owned (including 3 Mercedes)where I can drive 10-12 hours a day and not squirm around in my seat. Other than regular maintenance, I have only had to spend about $1000 in repairs in the last 70,000 miles. That was an ignition module and an air flow sensor. This is a keeper.

Lexus does it again

I recently and reluctantly just sold my 1998 Lexus GS 400. I purchased it at 130,000 miles and put approx 80k miles in 7 years and never a problem. So after 7 years, I wanted the same power but something just a little smaller and what did I find the SC 430 and I love it. My only problem is the lack of storage space and I need more headroom. But as a 40 something empty nester, cougar type, :) this is the perfect car for me! So far, no problems mechanically.

close to perfect

I have owned a lot of luxury cars 05 merz E320.and 06 lexus es350..i didnt like the ES we let it go and down graded to an 02GS 300 purchased at 89k.i live in dallas-work in houston.it now has a whopping 175k on it two yrs later..besides oil changes..this car is super reliable...and the nakamichi sound system is one of the best systems in the market.3.0litres very merciful on gas despite his luxury stamp.They hold resale like u cannot believe!My buddy has the new gen 07..drove it not impressed..they moved away from the supra straight 6 engine to something more luxury less sports.Overall the best car i have owned in yrs.I drive mine daily and it never fails to impress me.

FABULOUS CAR ALL AROUND

I have owned 3 2nd-gen GSs (98, 2000, 2002) and these are some of the best designed cars on the road. Everything about it is of the highest quality and engineering. Reliability on all 3 I've had has been nothing short of outstanding. 4 stars for performance-GS430 gets 5. 4 stars for comfort, the new GS gets 5. I have considered trading in and upgrading to the 3rd-gen GS (06+) but everything I read about it is keeping me from doing so. This one's staying in my garage and I'll be adding an SC430 to my collection. Great drive, great buy, great car!

Great Car for the Value

I bought this car used in January 04. It had 24K at the time. It now has 138K and runs great. I had some catalytic converter issues at 85K which cost $1800 to repair. The engine is adequate. The transmission is odd as it appears to slip at times but it's been that way since I purchased the car. The exterior is still appealing. I prefer the old model over the new one that came out in 2007. You can't go wrong with this car.

4.1

Lexus GS300

The car was great when new. As it aged it started rattling and squeaking both inside and engine compartment. Lexus is aware of the problem because they sell a anti-squeaking kit. BAD design. Even with premium gas the car pings. The car as another problem. They self door locks fail and the 3rd EGG sensor fails. A common, so be prepared for more expenses as the car ages.