2013 GS 350

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Perfectly balanced driver's car - sport AND luxury

by Knew33 from Pennsylvania on January 22, 2016

I bought a 2013 GS 350 after agonizing between it and the A6. In fact, having previously owned two Audi?s, I thought my mind was made up. After too much research, I was still intent on the A6 even though the GS 350 had risen on my radar. I recalled seeing the new 2013 GS at a car show and being blown away by the cockpit and that cool display, but that was about it. I still wanted the German feel and Audi engineering/design. When I finally drove a loaded A6 30T Prestige I was a bit underwhelmed. I can?t explain why ? it was beautiful and had lots of grunt off the line. Maybe my expectations were too high. My mind verified all the good things that I had read in reviews. But I was left feeling empty ? and at that price point, I wanted to feel more - in my heart. Then I test drove the GS. It immediately wowed me in comparison. Again, I could not explain why, but it felt better? it spoke to my mind and heart. And oh, how that engine growl sang to me as the RPMs shot past 4,500 on the tach compared to the silence of the A6. So this sent me back to my research ? exhaustive research ? trying to quantify the differences so I could make my purchase with confidence. It was tough since I had such brand loyalty to Audi... and had been looking forward to getting back into one now that my kids were old enough not to trash it with spilled milk and gummy bears. But I kept hesitating. In the end, and after test driving another A6 I went with the GS 350. The deciding factors were clear? it was fun to drive, had impeccable build quality, was luxurious and sporty (lux package, thank you) and had a reputation for industry-leading reliability. It was a few pennys cheaper too (in purchase price and cost of ownership)? And I figured that it would be a rather high mileage car when the time came to sell it, and would clearly be worth more than a high mileage German car thanks to that Lexus reliability. Now that I have been driving it for a while, I can better quantify the differences over the A6 and why I love it so much. It is not the most powerful or luxurious. But it is perfectly balanced as a driving experience for me ? and I suspect most drivers in the market for this class of car. Compared to the A6, it just feels better as a driver?s car, tight and hunkered down with more feedback? and being able to choose Sport + mode turns it into more of a speed-racer than this dad with a past could become bored of? stomp on the gas and the sound is visceral. I?m a driver?s driver, but I also live in the real world spending most of my time commuting. And I look forward to commuting with this car. The GS is my sanctuary and elicits passion, not just in the way it drives, but in the way it surrounds you in sport AND luxury. The seats are the best I?ve ever experienced and this is one reason the A6 left me feeling unloved. The A6 seats are flat and uninspired. The GS seats w/ the lux package hug me? literally. The leather and slightly retro/slightly futuristic cockpit in black with linear espresso wood makes me feel ensconced. And the big display is just wow? The A6 felt but sterile compared to this car. It lacked passion for me. So in the end, I am reluctant, surprised and totally satisfied GS 350 owner.

Yes, Women drives GS350 Too

by Pudding from on July 12, 2012

I purchased my 2013 back in Feb. I had 2006 Lexus GS 430 prior to this one. I must say that I love the car and once I was able to test drive it I was sold. I got the blind spot, cold weather package, nav, 18 inch wheels upgrade and awd. I have heard of people complaining of not being able to use the Lexus Enform App. I was able to linked my phone to the service and haven't had any issues using the app. I drove my car recently 750 (both ways) miles to a wedding, and must say I got up to 30mpg 75mph the entire time. I am very impressed. After purchasing my car, my neighbors decided to go purchase them a brand new Lincoln MKZ. Really dont even compare. The neighbor husband always looking out the window when I am backing up into my garage. Yes, you should have gotten a Lexus instead of that Lincoln. I do miss my v8 that I had in my Lexus GS 430 but this V6 havent let me down yet. I love the way it growls when I hit the gas to pass someone on the highway. I think I scared a few ppl when they heard the roar..... The only thing that I dont like is that I dont have power trunk or power folding mirrors which I had in my 2006 model.

F Sport changes everything

by Shiner Man from Houston, TX on July 13, 2015

After driving the V6 2015 Acura TL, the GS350 is a more refined car, and more reliable then other high end cars, and when three years old similarly priced to a new TL. The F-Sport option really tightens up the suspension and ride like an M series BMW and while the BMW is faster, the F-Sport is fast enough for me. I really like how it automatically takes itself out of ECO mode when I floor it providing economy and speed. Back seat fits 4 comfortably, 5 in a pinch for short distances and if the middle passenger is 5'4" or shorter. The Mark Levinson option is similar to a premium stereo upgrade on a BMW. Great value for the money used.

This Car Rocks

by Pwa from Greater Boston on February 28, 2016

After getting more than my money's worth on my 1998 LS-400 and aging out of the need for something big enough to function as the kids' shuttle service, I was ready for something smaller and sportier. GS-350 is a great car, acceleration and handling are excellent. Doesn't quite have the torque that my LS-400 V8 had but horsepower is almost the same in the GS and handling is significantly better. Enjoying the technology, the wide screen navigation panel is huge, rear view camera looks like high definition, stereo system is usually on public radio but when I do crank the tunes it's loud enough to make my ears ring. Highway ride is smooth as silk. Front seats are a little less cushy than the LS but probably appropriate for a sports sedan. Rear seat armrest has fold down panel so you can fit long objects like skis from the trunk into the car. Noticeable difference in performance (and mileage) when switching into Sport mode but it's pretty fun and worth a few extra bucks in gas. All in all an excellent car, not sure i'll drive this one 15+ years like the LS, but I might.

Love it drives great I am going to get the LS too

by Ex BMW 7 series owner. from GA on March 26, 2013

I recently traded in my 2007 BMW 750i after years of constant trouble and trips to the BMW dealership so I thought of trying out this vehicle after driving my friends 2012 LS460. The LS is nicer of course for the money but this GS feels great almost like a smaller LS it has the same features and driving is similar. I love the interior it is very comfortable and has bmw style seats. The GPS is awesome, very accurate. The car drives beautifully on the highway and the ECO, Sport, and Sport + modes come in handy when you want to choose how your going to drive. I use Sport + mostly and still get and average of 23-25 mpg. ECO mode is good when trying to save gas. This is overall a great car and really surprises me it lives up to my 7 series. Here are some down sides that I would like to have back though. 1. automatic trunk 2. soft close doors 3. power rear-side sunshades I will be getting the 2013 LS460 in the next week and will be giving the GS to my son.

Pleasure

by Enthusiast from California on August 4, 2014

Class, comfort, performance, sound system, design, materials, technology-just a few of the reasons to treat yourself to this automobile. Lexus has done good with this model. What a treat to drive!

F Sport, Love at first sight

by ChrisMo from Chesapeake, VA on March 8, 2014

When the redesigned 13 GS came out I knew I wanted one. Had previously owned an 02 GS Sport Design package which I regretted trading in soon after doing so. Felt the next generation was a bit bland. Living in the mid Atlantic, many of the dealers were laden with AWD versions and I was set on RWD only, so I found my Starfire/Cabernet GS F Sport in South Carolina. After 11k miles and 9 months of ownership, here's my assessment. This car is one of the best kept secrets in the mid size sport sedan market. It handles well, almost light on its feet. I find the interior with the aluminum trim, LED lighting and clean dash with large screen clean and modern. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and the Cabernet red interior... gorgeous. Car gets a lot of looks and its not dime a dozen like BMWs. I do have a couple gripes. Compared to my 02, it doesn't seem as solid or well put together. Ive noticed wind noise around the drivers mirror, and a couple rattles. Also it's missing some luxury car features of the previous gen, such as power folding mirrors and power trunk. These are apparently available in the 14's. Also, while quick enough, it really needs a V8. If they come out with a F with a V8 version, time to trade up.

Loving it more and more!

by TN Dave from Tennessee on September 18, 2015

I've had my 2013 GS350 AWD about 4-months. It was a step up from the 2011 IS250 base. I have more power and room compared to almost the same gas mileage for both models. The GS is very quick, smooth and quiet from take offs to long highway cruising. It's better than I imagined. I'm loving it more and more! My only complaint is the track ball type menu. It's a little tedious when driving and you need to access the monitor controls.

I Love this Car!!!!!!

by Smrt5033 from Philadelphia on August 16, 2014

The car is fun to drive....excellent ride and performed well on the highway and in the city. The interior is extremely nice, and comfortable.

Best Car I've Ever Driven.

by Kayyo550 from Fort Worth, TX on April 1, 2017

The absolute best car I've ever owned. The ride is superb, fuel economy is excellent, extremely comfortable, and handles like a sports car. With Toyota/Lexus reliability, you can't go wrong. A tech lovers dream with the 12.3 inch display and millions of creature comforts. Buy this car, you will never regret it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7