2011 MKZ Hybrid

2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid?

perfect answer

by hawjaw from Oregon on Mon Apr 18 2011

The Lincoln MKZ hybrid is the answer to someone who is looking for a luxury car that is extremely comfortable and gets 40 miles to the gallon. It is almost silent on the road,and with sync system you can drive and operate all features handsfree.

An excellent choice on my part.

by Doctor Hank from Washington, D.C. on Thu May 12 2011

I wanted an automobile that met three important factors: cost, economy, and technology. The MKZ Hybrid exceeded my very high expectations in every aspect. Driving this car delivers the pleasure that I have not experienced in owning luxury automobiles for over 50 years.

worth every dollar

by dan from independence,mo on Tue Mar 08 2011

by far the best lincoln made. monitoring you gas usage is easy and it helps you be more effieient. The jukebox is great! No more CD's to load. I do have to buy aftermartet mudflaps.

Awesome gas mpg

by commuter from Leominster, Ma. on Thu Aug 11 2011

For about the price of a prius you can have comfort style and space with a solid 41 mpgs! Black metallic paint and sport chrome package make this a beautiful car. No buyers regret here.

Comfortable Car with Nice Luxury Features

by godon from Wilmington, DE on Sun Aug 07 2011

I've driven the car for a little less than 600 miles and so far it has been a joy to drive because of its comfortable leather seats, luxurious, all-enveloping with its Sync electronics with its voice activation, satellite radio, hands-free phoning, quick A/C cooling, overall good looks and solid feel. Furthermore, that Candy Apple Red color has got to be the most beautiful shade of red that I've seen in a long time on a car although I'm noticimg more car models with it. Ford's use of a little more touches of chrome in the front grill, side mirrors, door handles, etc. plus the stunning chrome wheel covers give the exterior of the car that extra panache. What don't I like about it? The interior room could be roomier, particularly for a 6-foot driver like me since my head touches the edge of the moon roof, mileage so far is only in the 30 mpg average for city driving, but Ford says not to believe in the numbers too much during the first 1,000 miles, and finally, for a Lincoln, I'm very surprised that the hood doesn't have an air pressure open-assist that holds the hood up. The hood is pretty heavy and you have to struggle with a pole inside to attach to the underside of the hood to hold it open. Finally, for the money, the car could offer a little more, but as long as it remains reliable for many years, I'll be very happy that I purchased this model. It's size, however, is really more conducive to seating 4 and not 5, and the size of the trunk is quite small with only room for two suitcases due to the batteries that take away precious room and the lack of pass-thru seating due to its hybrid battery pack.

Excellent Value

by TexasSteven from DFW, TX on Fri May 25 2012

Firt hybrid, first Lincoln: Bought the car on recommendation of a friend who had one for nearly a year and raved about it. I second the motion! Comfort and convenience is outstanding (air conditioned seats are the best single feature, besides the hybrid technology), my mileage exceeds EPA figures, but I do drive it gently, using all the fuel economy management features of the car. I am driving more highway miles than anticipated (about 65% or total miles so far) but with 20K on the clock, my avg mpg over that figure has been 38.2 mpg. I have gotten as much as 45 mpg running around town. Even if I'm not careful, I routinely get 40 mpg avg per tank around town. That's 600 miles per 15 gallons purchased, people!

Works nice so far

by Hawk from Bradenton, FL on Wed Jan 24 2018

All the bells and whistles are taking some getting used to. However we are getting the hang of it and finding new features about every day. We pay too much attetion about electric Vs Gas modes and what caused it to go from one to the other. As an engineer it is a very studyable car. Looking forward to longer trips in it.

This is the first luxury car I have ever owned.

by FLAVIA from DeLand, Florida on Fri Mar 17 2017

It was not even a thought about owning such a car. Kudos to LUIS..(?) for offering me such a wonderful car and deal. Thank you! This car makes me feel so special!!!

Top Luxury Hybrid Sedan

by Scotty from Hanover, PA on Mon Jan 24 2011

I've had my first Lincoln, an MKZ Hybrid, for about a month. This is my second hybrid, the first was a Camry hybrid. Much of my driving is short distance and is nor representative of the average city driver so my mpg is somewhat less than advertised. It is still better than my Camry Hybrid was for the same type of driving, running about 34 mpg. With a fully-charged batter, I can drive several miles under electric power. This is a quality car with very quiet operation under gas power. Being an engineer, I fully appreciate the interactive systems within the car. I look forward to the next plug-in version of this car.

Great mileage and very comfortable

by Love economy but also like the creature comforts from New Bedford, MA on Fri Jan 11 2013

I wanted to buy a economical hybrid and considered the top selling brand Prius but just couldn't get over the fact that even though it was roomy and comfortable, it still looked like a sneaker. I looked at the reviews of Lexus and decided to pass. I finally found a 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid with all the bells and whistles, i.e. backup camera, navigation system, and warning sensors, etc. for a reasonable price. I have driven it now for about a month and I really love it. Driving a hybrid is different than a conventional automobile. Once you know the little tricks, you can boost your mpg considerably. Initiallly I was only getting 29 mpg until I understood the techniques that will boost the mpg. I am now getting 36 on the highway and 45 mpg in the city which is the rated mpg advertised for this year and model. I am very happy with my Lincoln and hope to keep it for many years.

1 2

Our Take on the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

The 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid doesn't scream hybrid. It's not subscribing to any earthmobile movement in any other way than its hybridness, and that's fine, because if you want your hybrid to proclaim its hybrid abilities with just its looks, you have other options. But if you just want some good, clean fuel efficiency and some style, too, then the MKZ Hybrid is your perfect match.

What I liked most about the MKZ Hybrid, which is Lincoln's first hybrid, is it felt solid. It wasn't tinny-sounding when the doors were closed, and it didn't make any squeaks or rattles. The MKZ Hybrid had some luxurious touches including wood trim and some sharp-looking design elements with plenty of chrome. I daresay it's... Read More