Skip to main content

• Value 4.9
  • Exterior 4.9
Explore the 1997 Lincoln Town Car

1997 Lincoln Town car signature series

Bought a 1997 Lincoln Town car, signature series, black on black leather interior. Most beautiful car I think they ever made!!! One owner car from Connecticut, the owner would park it in the garage and go to Florida for the winter, so never seen snow!!! Only had 43,231 original miles, now has a little more than 103,000 miles, very reliable vehicle. Most technology for a 97', has a car phone located in the passenger arm rest!!! Best vehicle I've ever owned in my 52 years!!!

300k or more mi.still runs like new.

Mine is a 2001 bought it/w 150,000 mi. 11 yrs ago. Odometer stopped working 6 yrs ago at 289,000. I know I'm over 300k by now.routine, oil,brakes only runs&rides great. Looking forward to another 300k.

Wonderful car!

This is my third Town Car of this generation. Currently have a 1997 Signature Series with 94k. Was a one owner Florida car. It has a very rare OEM fabric interior. Works well in the Florida heat. In my opinion, the best Lincoln Ford has ever produced in terms of comfort, ride, style and reliability.

1997 Lincoln Town Car

More reliable than a 90s Cadillac. Lincoln always had more of a floaty ride. Spectacular interior and exterior design. Would give it a 6 star.

Heaven on Wheels

Lincoln Town Cars built between 1990 -1997 were the best cars ever made as far as the above rating criteria are concerned. Even after 25+ years, the cars hold up very well mechanically, in appearance, and features. My favorite is the 1997 model as it is the most modern car of this range. (After 1997, Lincoln change the body style for the worse...). As anyone who ever drove or rode in one of the beautiful cars will tell you, riding in a Lincoln Town Car is like floating along the road!

The best!

I have a 1997 Town Car with 250,000 miles. Runs like a Swiss watch. I bought it with 98,000 miles. This is my 3rd Lincoln - better than my Benz, by far. Also have a new Volvo s60, a good car but the Lincoln is the best!

One of the best automobiles produced

I purchased my 97 Signature Series Town Car when it was a 2-year lease return and still have it now in April of 2022. Has to be one of the best cars I've ever owned. I've kept it up over the years so I get people coming up to me all the time wanting to buy it. My only complaint is that it needs a heater core (a common problem with them) and the cost to repair in Santa Monica, CA has been quoted close to $2,000. Thankfully I really don't drive that much anymore and it rarely gets cold enough that I need heat... not to mention I'm now retired and on a fixed income. I've owned many Lincolns over my life time including a Lincoln LS that I also loved but foolishly sold thinking I had a line on the Jaguar of my dreams. The Jaguar was sold 2-hours before I arrived back at the dealership. Still kicking myself for letting the LS go. It only had 15,000 miles on it. My Town Car has now reached 106,000 miles. I also inherited my grandparents 2003 Town car with only 14,000 miles back in 2013. However, it sits in storage back in Michigan where my grandparents lived and I grew up. Still trying to figure out the most economical and SAFE way to get it out here to CA. Its a good looking car also but just dosent seem to have the eye catching looks that my 97 Town Car does

Raised my family with this wonderful car.

Drives like on velvet. Best car I have ever owned. Beautifully styling. Traveled all over Europe in comfort. Still in very good condition. Can't let it go for a new car.

One Sweet Ride

Big Car Comfort. I have owned two 1997 Lincoln Town Cars. Over 250,000 miles on each one. I like the comfort of a big car ride. Love the huge trunk. Replaced the air shocks with regular shocks much cheaper and same comfortable ride. The one expensive repair the heater core when the heat went out. Must remove entire dashboard. A 6 hr job $700 dollar repair. I love the style and the ride. It ran just fine on icy roads. Weighs 3,800 pounds. I paid $3000 and $3500 for these cars.

Want a ride that is on the MONEY in every way?

You can't get a better ride when it comes to a long ROAD TRIP! Any bumps in the road, NEVER an issue. Comfort with a touch of class.