1999 Town Car

1999 Lincoln Town Car

$49 - $9,389  MSRP Range
1999 Lincoln Town Car

4.5

Have you driven the 1999 Lincoln Town Car?

SMOOTH RIDE

by CARPETMAN from CLIFTON NJ on Tue Jul 28 2009

THIS CAR WAS A SUPRISE TO ME. IT RUN SO QUIETLY ON THE HIGHWAY AND GET GOOD MILEAGE. VERY COMFY SEATS. I CAN SLEEP IN THE BACK SEAT IT IS SO ROOMY.

Best Car to won.

by Tony from Dearborn, Michigan on Mon Oct 30 2017

Best Car to drive in the City or On Trips. The seating is comfortable front and back. I have had about 24 cars and the Mark VIII and Town Car have been the best.

fuel mileage 21mpg

by Luke from OH on Mon Aug 10 2009

Really good overall car except mileage. Could stand standard heated seated as the mirrors are. Excellent Alpine radio system, large trunk, four wheel disc brakes, it's 10 years old and 130,000 miles and everything still works.

271 thousand miles and still goes 120mph everyday

by towney car from duncan nebraska on Sat Sep 06 2014

In 2009 I fell 32 feet broke a ton of bones they said I would never walk again,... I spent 8 months in the hospital and therapy and got walking again.. And I needed a car that was comfortable, and this is like sitting in a recliner, And with so many doctor visits and living here in nebraska . Its 180 miles to the closest walmart and other store's and dr.s offices... I bought the car with a little over 60 thousand miles and I put close to 40 thousand miles a year on it. Running to doctors and getting fitted for my new leg several road trips... Now it has 271,000 and im 28 years old and im still very hard on cars this thing was god sent to take the abuse. . I go 120 mph every day with it and it still runs like a top... The only thing i've ever done to it, was change the oil every 3k miles and tires. Thats why its only car . I would ever buy again.... If it ever decides to die, If it does im even thinkin of putting a race motor in it... LOVE MY TOWN CAR ...

Best car for the money

by Lincoln youngster from Huntington, WV on Wed Mar 25 2009

I purchased a used 1999 Lincoln Town Car Cartier with approximately 73,000 miles in August 2008. It was previous owned by an older woman who averaged about 7,300 miles a year. The car wasn't what I wanted but for the price the dealership wanted, it was something I couldn't pass up. I'm a very large guy, 6'3 and about 260 pounds, so car choices are kind of limited to what I can fit in. This car was the perfect match for allowing me to ride comfortably. I have taken a few trips to Lexington, Louisville, and Towson, Maryland and averaged 25 mpg. Thats with me driving 75-80 mph. I think that is quite impressive. I have had some small maintenance items that required fixing but other than that it has been a great car. I am completely sold on Lincoln and the quality of car they sell. Since they have decided to stop selling Town Cars, I suppose I will be buying used models from this point on to get my fix for luxury.

Oasis Vehicle

by ClassicLuxury from Sacramento, CA on Mon Jun 28 2010

This car is more comfortable than my bed and rides almost as smooth as a Cadillac. It doesn't get fantastic gas mileage but for the size and being able to comfortably fit 6. It is well worth a few more dollars at the gas station.

Great cruiser

by Lotus afficianado from Payson, Arizona on Tue Jan 17 2012

I actually own two Lincoln Town cars. They are a 94 & a 99 . The 99 was purchased for ease of entry and interior space. My sister in law has some mobility problems. She can easily enter and exit the rear seating . We get great gas mileage and the ride is very nice and quiet .Even for being almost 12 years old , the interior and body are in excellent condition . Looking forward to several years of pleasure from this car. The car has 87 k miles .

It really is the most reliable car I've owned

by young man in old man's body from Abilene,TX on Thu Jun 26 2014

I bought this '99 Town Car in june of 2005 it had 69,000 miles. I honestly didnt want this car, I was driving a '94 camry that went out. And I found this at a local dealership & I had read about their great reliability, the guy let me take it home because I was reluctant to buy it. It is very comfortable, But taking a curve is like riding in a boat on a choppy lake, and if you want to turn around you need at least an acre of space. It should have big truck mirrors on this thing, when I back up I'm afraid I will back over a small child or a very large child you cant see anything out of the tiny but stylish window. I remember taking it home & my wife had to listen to me complain. She said this will probably be the best car you have ever owned & she was right, over the last 9 years I havent had one problem with the engine, never been stranded like I have in some cars. My major complaints are (beside it being too big for my taste) the motors in the electric windows must have been made by a moron,every one of them has broken,(half way down) & one has went out twice, so I got them to stay up & just left them, the driver side still works barely, but all in all I would recommend one of these cars, you can probably find a good deal since they quit making them. I know it has spoiled me. I dont want anything but a luxury car. Even though people bug me to buy a new car, it may look horrible its been thru 2 major hailstorms, it looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to it, but honestly I probably couldnt find another used car that would be this reliable.......

Most reliable car I've driven, at years 18!

by Deneiro from Jackson, MI on Wed Jul 26 2017

This vehicle has done it all, out of town trips, 45 minute commutes on the daily and has held up very, very well. After 18 years this car has had no hiccups as I have kept up the maintenance as any normal car owner would do. I have had to the alignment one time, but that was just recently. I would totally recommend for comfort, performance, and reliability.

One of the great ones

by Derek G from Oregon,OH on Fri Jun 16 2017

I love this car. It's big ,roomy and comfortable inside, gets great gas mileage for a big car. I average 18 mpg city, I have a rather heavy foot, but don't spend a lot of time Idling in lines at fast food joints and the ATM at the bank. It has plenty of power and the ride is nice with the air suspension. Traction control is nice in the winter and on wet roads. I think the body styling is absolutely beautiful. Another thing I like about it is the huge trunk. I bought this car because of it's reliability, which, so far is true to what I've heard. The only thing major I've had to replace was the heater core, not bad for an 18 year old car. They use these cars for taxi cabs and limos for a reason...It's average for this car to last over 400,000 miles! If your in the market for a used car, I highly recommend this beautiful, comfortable, elegant, reliable car...Did I mention how much I like this car?

Our Take on the 1999 Lincoln Town Car

Squint your eyes when you look at Lincoln's Town Car and you can see hints of a classic Jaguar sedan in its mouth-shaped grille, sharply rounded roofline and curved taillights.

The Town Car is classically American, too, and much bigger than any Jag would ever be. It uses a full-perimeter frame, separate body, single-overhead-cam (SOHC) V8 engine and rear-wheel drive.

Last year it underwent a complete redesign and was cloaked with a body that is a vast departure from the upright and angular look of its predecessor. Some traditionalists may miss the old car, with its pillow-soft ride, gargantuan trunk and a nose that bobbed over bumps like the bow of a ship at sea, but most folks will find... Read More