2014 Mazda CX-9 consumer reviews

side view of 2014 CX-9 Mazda
Explore the 2014 Mazda CX-9
Shop the 2014 Mazda CX-9

Very impressed.

Loved it so much I bought it! Met all my needs that my previous car unfortunately could not. I waa so impressed with how well it handled.

Very comfortable and reliable vehicle

We are loyal Mazda owners and this one didn't disappoint. Very smooth but powerful AWD vehicle. Drives as smoothly as a high end sedan. Mazda continues to impress.

Most comfortable car ever!

I love the comfort of this vehicle! I have never owned a Mazda before and I wish I would have bought this car years ago! It?s amazing and I feel so good driving it. It?s an SUV and drives like a dream!!!

4 years of ownership, zero problems

We test drove pretty much every three row vehicle on the market before choosing a CX-9 Grand Touring. I especially like the interior quality. The leather is very soft and all the buttons/switches feel nice. The carpet is also soft and feels good to the touch. The CX-9 has plenty of power but the fuel economy is not the best. On our last road trip it was averaging around 21mpg and just 19mpg around town. We drove to Wisconsin in January and hit an ice storm and a severe snow storm. The all wheel drive performed incredibly well even with 6 inches of snow on the highway. The five of us were all very comfortable even when the temperature dropped to -2 degrees outside. I have had zero mechanical or quality issues in 4 years of ownership. I have noticed the road noise is a bit more noticeable than other cars I have driven. Even with the road noise I am very happy with the purchase of a CX-9.

Mazda CX-9 is so great - I bought 2!

My wife has owned the same Mazda CX-9 for 10 years - Reliability, Comfort, Dependability, Command-of-the-road, Amenities, Cargo space and 3500 pounds of tow capability make it the best car we ever owned. We love it so much, we went out to buy a new one. Ugh! Mazda made a great new version but it reduced the engine from a 6 to a 4 cylinder. I immediately went on the hunt for an off-lease '14. I found it at Honda of Gainesville, FL. The '14 has a number of amenity upgrades that only made the CX-9 better. I actually traded my new Toyota Avalon in on a used CX-9. The Avalon is a terrific car but it is just a distant memory now. I am much happier with the Mazda CX-9.

My fifth Mazda in a row

Love the way it drives and steers. Mazda really cares about its drivers. This is my fifth Mazda and planning on buying more in the future.

So far very enjoyable

Recently bought this CX-9 and am enjoying the features on there. The seats are a little stiff but need to be broken in, but everything else is wonderful. Love the power under the hood, has quite a bit of get up and go, handles great and the overall performance is fantastic.

Great car

I've owned only Hondas, but it was time for a change. I was apprehensive about switching but I love my Mazda. Very quiet and comfortable drive, roomy, clean lines, easy to access third row and a lot of space in the back. Feels safe and sturdy.

Best all around SUV for the money CPO

The Mazda CX-9's are among the best SUV's I have owned (3). I had owned (8) Ford Explorers since the 1990's , but when they changed the platform to FWD I decided to look at what else was available and found that the CX-9 offered the value and reliability in the CPO market. The CX-9 standard 3rd row, handling, fit&finish and other features especially with the Grand Touring models set it above the rest.

Agile, quiet and stylish

It is a good reliable car. CX-9s share the same platform as Ford Edge and same engine 3.7L as F150 or Mustang, however CX9s are 100% assembled in Japan. so you are getting tested motor and Japan's assembly. Fast, responsive, feels safe and heavy. I feel it needs an additional speed as it only has 6 speeds, it would make it much more fuel efficient. That being said, do not trust 17 to 24mpg, it is 15 - 21 on most occasions.