2014 Mazda CX-9 consumer reviews

side view of 2014 CX-9 Mazda
Explore the 2014 Mazda CX-9
Shop the 2014 Mazda CX-9

Agile, quiet and stylish

It is a good reliable car. CX-9s share the same platform as Ford Edge and same engine 3.7L as F150 or Mustang, however CX9s are 100% assembled in Japan. so you are getting tested motor and Japan's assembly. Fast, responsive, feels safe and heavy. I feel it needs an additional speed as it only has 6 speeds, it would make it much more fuel efficient. That being said, do not trust 17 to 24mpg, it is 15 - 21 on most occasions.

4.4

I have owned it for 3 weeks

The car meets all of my current needs for comfort and performance as well as functionality with my family.

Love this car!

I just purchased a 2014 certified Mazda CX-9 and I absolutely love it! I test drove a Toyota Highlander, Ford Explorer, and Traverse and I chose the CX-9. So much fun to drive, perfect size, sporty, awesome technology features! Definitely test drive one before you buy your next third row SUV! You get a lot of bang for your buck!

Comfort, Syle and Reliability

This car was exactly what I was looking for!!! I was in need for a 3rd row seating vehicle but also wanted to have style and comfort, this vehicle has it all...

4.1

Good Value

I've only had the car for a month but I like it so far. The USB and space to put your phone is awkward.

Great Driving Family Hauler

I waited a while to spring for this Truck, I decided on it based on the reviews as it being a great driver and I like the styling and the fact it has a silky v6 just makes it better. We are impressed by how nice a truck this really is the fit and finish are very good inside and out and it performs well on the road.

Everything you will need for your family and more

Great Comfortable SUV, with the soul of a sports car. Much better driver than even was expecting.

4.1

CX-9 Simply better than rest

I've owned this new CX-9 touring for few months and it handles simply superb and has the power when you need it. The interior is very nice if you opt leather and Bose 10 speaker sound is great.

4.4

New to Mazda world, I'm a fan so far

bought a certified used CX-9 GT, fully loaded (no sunroof but with rear seat dvd system). originally wasn't considering another SUV but i've been driving SUVs forever and i like having the room for extra passengers, the dogs, and our bikes. handles pretty well and feels very solid. it's also very comfortable, we can't wait to take this thing on a road trip again. tech wise, it's got a lot of bells and whistles appropriate for a vehicle today. everything is laid out well, appears to be well thought out. gas mileage isn't great but on par with 7 seaters (SUV and minivan). uses regular unleaded fuel so that's a plus. overall a good value in my opinion and doesn't look like every other car (or SUV) on the road.

Best value for a 7 seater AWD

The Mazda CX9 fits perfectly for a family looking for a seven passenger vehicle that is not a minivan and has 4 wheel drive. How can you get a better seven passenger SUV for under 30K (if you do some homework and have average negotiation skills). Let?s review the option, Toyota Highlander (Too expensive), Acura MDX (Even more expensive than the Highlander; takes premium gas), anything U.S. made (cheap looking interior, below average reliability, horrible resale value), Nissan Pathfinder (tight 3rd row, only average reliability), and the Hyundai Santa Fe (close runner up to the CX 9, might come down to personal preference). The CX9 drive like a car, is sporty and looks great inside and out. Happy to be driving this vehicle!