2014 Mazda CX-9 consumer reviews

Explore the 2014 Mazda CX-9
Shop the 2014 Mazda CX-9
4.4

I have owned it for 3 weeks

The car meets all of my current needs for comfort and performance as well as functionality with my family.

Love this car!

I just purchased a 2014 certified Mazda CX-9 and I absolutely love it! I test drove a Toyota Highlander, Ford Explorer, and Traverse and I chose the CX-9. So much fun to drive, perfect size, sporty, awesome technology features! Definitely test drive one before you buy your next third row SUV! You get a lot of bang for your buck!

Comfort, Syle and Reliability

This car was exactly what I was looking for!!! I was in need for a 3rd row seating vehicle but also wanted to have style and comfort, this vehicle has it all...

4.1

Good Value

I've only had the car for a month but I like it so far. The USB and space to put your phone is awkward.

Great Driving Family Hauler

I waited a while to spring for this Truck, I decided on it based on the reviews as it being a great driver and I like the styling and the fact it has a silky v6 just makes it better. We are impressed by how nice a truck this really is the fit and finish are very good inside and out and it performs well on the road.

Everything you will need for your family and more

Great Comfortable SUV, with the soul of a sports car. Much better driver than even was expecting.

4.1

CX-9 Simply better than rest

I've owned this new CX-9 touring for few months and it handles simply superb and has the power when you need it. The interior is very nice if you opt leather and Bose 10 speaker sound is great.

4.4

New to Mazda world, I'm a fan so far

bought a certified used CX-9 GT, fully loaded (no sunroof but with rear seat dvd system). originally wasn't considering another SUV but i've been driving SUVs forever and i like having the room for extra passengers, the dogs, and our bikes. handles pretty well and feels very solid. it's also very comfortable, we can't wait to take this thing on a road trip again. tech wise, it's got a lot of bells and whistles appropriate for a vehicle today. everything is laid out well, appears to be well thought out. gas mileage isn't great but on par with 7 seaters (SUV and minivan). uses regular unleaded fuel so that's a plus. overall a good value in my opinion and doesn't look like every other car (or SUV) on the road.

Best value for a 7 seater AWD

The Mazda CX9 fits perfectly for a family looking for a seven passenger vehicle that is not a minivan and has 4 wheel drive. How can you get a better seven passenger SUV for under 30K (if you do some homework and have average negotiation skills). Let?s review the option, Toyota Highlander (Too expensive), Acura MDX (Even more expensive than the Highlander; takes premium gas), anything U.S. made (cheap looking interior, below average reliability, horrible resale value), Nissan Pathfinder (tight 3rd row, only average reliability), and the Hyundai Santa Fe (close runner up to the CX 9, might come down to personal preference). The CX9 drive like a car, is sporty and looks great inside and out. Happy to be driving this vehicle!

4.0

Has a way to go to in the technology area.

There's a reason you see so many utility vehicles on the road, increased general purpose use plus improved control in bad weather comes to mind. Missed our pickup truck soon after trading it on a passenger car. When ready for our next vehicle I only shopped SUV's. Honestly never considered Mazda but a huge end of model year discount steered me their way. Although mediocre MPG ratings were a concern, size and the performance factor helped make up mind to buy an AWD touring model. I wanted to add a large dog to our family therefore space behind the second row was a priority. I was somewhat disturbed by the way Mazda markets their products in that satellite reception isn't included even though a radio is. If you want a sat capable radio it only comes with the upgraded technology package for $3,000, not sure how that makes much sense. Another option is to buy a sat kit and have the dealer install it. Tried that but the dealer couldn't get the $700 Mazda kit to work in a Mazda vehicle, still trying to figure out where the incompetence lies. There are a few other short comings like a dash screen that's so small it effectively negates the value of the included back up camera. On the plus side cross traffic alert and lane alert work extremely well. The driving characteristics of the vehicle are its best attribute, something Mazda likes to hang their hat on. It has often been said the vehicle drives smaller then it is, no argument there. The car doesn't wallow around corners despite being in the 4,500 pound heavyweight category, the trade off is a fairly stiff ride. Cushier seats might help as they seem too firm. The 6 cylinder engine is quiet as in the interior of the vehicle while traveling. The auto/manual transmission ties in well with the engine producing a smooth power curve. Shifts are prompt and predictable in the manual mode, that should be a real positive in snowy conditions. Lacking sat radio for entertainment I transferred much of our music over to a thumb drive so I could utilize the USB connection. It works well but a little slow on start up. This is so much nicer then carrying around a dozen CD's. Have a few complaints as this model has definitely fallen behind the pack in the technology field. Additionally its relatively poor in the economy area offering a middling 22 MPG highway. That number doesn't seem appropriate for vehicles produced in this time frame. No doubt these items have contributed to reducing Mazda's sales numbers from where they could or should be.