2020 GLE 450

2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450

2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450?

Most innovative vehicle I’ve owned.

by Penny J from WICHITA, KS on Sun Feb 02 2020

I’m completely blown away with all the features in this GLE 450. I wanted a 6 cylinder and it’s an SUV that takes off like a sports car. I love it’s pep! Ordered it fully loaded except for a third row seat and feel like I have only scraped the surface of all of it’s features and amenitiesI. I intend to return to the dealership 2-3 times for additional education which they assured me was expected and plentiful. So far, it’s amazing!

My Favorite Mercedes SUV yet!

by Lone Star Lady from Dallas, TX on Fri Feb 07 2020

This is my third Mercedes SUV that I have owned over the past 15 year. The GLE 450 is amazing! The styling from the inside out has been greatly improved with extra leg room in the back seat, duel screens for the driver and options for everything imaginable. I was at first intimated with all of the electronic features, but soon found them to be extremely intuitive. The one I purchased had more features than I wanted (massaging seats, heated armrests, and heated/cooled cupholders to name a few), but these turned out to be some of the things I am enjoying most with this car. The only negative was the price. All of the features increased the price quickly and because the GLE 450 AMG is in such high demand, there was very little negotiating room. My husband drives a BMW X5 and there is no comparison. He will be getting the next Mercedes in our house! I love the car and look forward to driving it every day!!

Super solid and comfortable cruiser

by Veloduffer from northern NJ on Mon Mar 02 2020

I’ve owned the 450 since it came out in March 2019 (11 months) and use it on my 40 mile daily commute of highway and city. The stiffer chassis makes the car feel solid like a bank vault and very quiet (doesn’t need electronic noise suppression). Traveling at 85 mph can feel like 60 mph. The inline-6 engine is a true gem - powerful but very smooth; I have two long steep hills on my highway and the MB can get up to 95 mph on these hills without any strain while other cars max out at 80. The Comfort package has 4 types of massage, which is great on long trips. I enjoy the MBUX system - it’s a bit complex at first but can be controlled 4 ways, so it takes about 2 weeks to become familiar. The navigation system with Augmented Reality is really useful - the front camera turns on and there are floating arrows to guide you so you don’t mistake your turn. Lookswise, it isn’t much different then prior generations but does look more muscular when side by side; my neighbor with a Volvo XC60 said it looked intimidating, especially with the 21” wheels. My only nits are: wish the remote start would heat the steering wheel and seats like my former Lincoln MKX; heated seats start lowering itself to off after a certain time (should let the owner decide when to adjust); and drive control arm is on the right side of the steering wheel, which is usually the wiper arm in most cars. The only option that I wished I got was the E-Active suspension. The car has been reliable and really creates a nice environment that even traffic jams don’t bother you.

This the 5th MBZ I have owned and it is the best .

by MBZ fan from Ocean City,NJ on Thu Apr 09 2020

Excellent design, both ext and int. Comfortable ride, comfortable seats. MPG far better than stated by Mercedes. Very powerful and quiet engine. Love all the MBUX features, once you learn how to navigate.

Soft handling

by Watchman from Alaska on Mon Jun 22 2020

This is one of the most beautiful car I've driven..it's so beautiful and amazing. good sounding system... I Believe this is the kind of vehicle you always dream of buying.

Uses car for Off-roading

A follow up - still the single worst vehicle

by Chris Holloway from Suffolk, Va on Thu Jan 30 2020

I have had it for seven months. It has been out of service and in the shop over forty days. Mercedes will not buy it back. I have an attorney and once it violates the state lemon laws I will file suit. This is my third and final Mercedes Benz. It overheats, it loses its place when streaming music, the USB ports didn’t work, the easy entry seat doesn’t consistently work, the keyless go doesn’t consistently work, etc. I’ve lost interest and currently drive a Honda Pilot (family car) or Jeep Gladiator (my toy) more often because I know they will not fail. I will not drive this vehicle out of town; I do not trust it. This is one of the biggest mistakes I have made and I look forward to rectifying it.

Not worth the frustration

by Rosa Disappointed Customer from Atlanta, GA on Wed Feb 05 2020

I ordered the car in August 2019 and 2 weeks later I got a red flag stating it was overheating, went to the dealership and they were very courteous about the matter but its the inconvenience too the whole situation. 3 weeks later I got another red flag at 2,000 miles that it needed oil. Today it had the check engine light took it to the dealership and they said an electrical box in the back of the transmission got damaged OMG this is never ending tale.

Does not recommend this car!!

Been in the shop more days than I’ve owned it😩

by Dschu from Mcallen Texas on Mon Nov 18 2019

I ordered my 450 GLE in June. I finally received it on October the 6th. After one week the engine light came on. I took it in. Service said it was because the gas cap was probably screwed on wrong. (It wasn’t) 3 days later the engine light came on and a loaner car was issued. Service called and said the charcoal can was defective and had to order a new one. 5 days later I got my car back. 3 days later, I pulled into my drive,parked, and noticed the radiator was spewing a fine mist all over the cement. A loaner was brought to my home ( Sat. Nite) and they came Monday morning to tow my brand new car. They said there was a pinhole leak in the radiator probably caused by a pin hole size pebble. The charge would be 1600.00 to fix. Mind you the car is 10 or 15 days old. It has now been another week, of driving a loaner and no car. The parts take a while to arrive. This is my first Mercedes...and probably my last. Had 2 Lexus , that never ever had to go in the shop. I did not purchase one again because of the front grill design. I am not sure what to do with this car. I’m afraid to drive it out of town, for fear it will break down. I would lose a lot of money if I sold it after owning it for only a month or so. It is a beautiful car....but, buyer beware!

Does not recommend this car!!

Not a reliable and a safe car to drive

by Tom from Bay Area , Fremont on Sun Dec 29 2019

The GLE 450 car is good with exterior and interior. But when it comes to long ride it’s not the safest car to drive . Less than 2000 miles already broke down two times with messages of your vehicle has detected a break down and shutdown the engine . It was on the freeway and nighttime traffic with family . We were lucky enough to pull over and called MB to return home safely . Owned Lexus and BMW and never had problems like this . Never going to buy MB again .

I spoke too soon

by Christopher Holloway from Suffolk, Virginia on Wed Jul 24 2019

At 589 miles the temperature warning light came on. I took it to the dealer. They were very nice and apologetic and gave me a loaner. 4 business days later I get it back with a new water pump. Fast forward to 629 miles and it happens again. It’s back at the dealer who remains very professional and apologetic. I again get a loaner car. I haven’t seen the vehicle for three business days. A senior engineer is being sent to my dealer in Virginia from New Jersey. I hope he can figure it out. It’s a beautiful automobile and I love driving it...when it works. I will say Tysinger Mercedes is great, their staff is helpful and they go out of their way. Hopefully I will get the suv back and it will be good to go. Fingers crossed.

1 2 3