2014 GLK-Class

2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Have You Driven the 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class?

Sports car shaped like tall wagon.

by Merc Owner from Jacksonville, Fl on Sat Feb 08 2014

A dream to drive. 2013 and later have same 3.5 liter engine as the E Class & ML costing much more. Tons of high value looks & tech brought down to the affordable range. Coming down from an older ML, we worried about the loss of cargo. I ONLY WISH this were five inches longer and two inches wider, but the ML & GL sales would get hurt bad.

My First Mercedes

by Lieutenant from Chesapeake, Va on Fri Nov 28 2014

I never thought I would own a MB, but now that I do, I cannot say enough about my new 2014 GLK 350. It handles like a dream, the pick up is quick so getting out of a tight situation is easy. And all of the features are out of this world. This car came with every conceivable bell and whistle. The entire buying/purchasing experience was one like I never seen before. At no time did I feel pressured or made to feel anything less than the most important person in the room. Every step of the process the dealer had answers to my questions and concerns. I plan to be in the MB family from here on out.

Good diesel engine

by Pierre P from QUEBEC, CANADA on Sun Jul 09 2017

Most exciting about my GLK 250 BLUTEC was the diesel engine, I did 40 miles per US gallon on a 3000 miles trips. I went to many times to the Mercedes dealer for electronic repairs ( Blind spot , electronic key and other sensors.)

2014 GLK 250 bluetec

by Dachs from Colorado springs Colorado on Mon Apr 28 2014

She's a baby diesel. Only have 5k on her but already averaging 29 mpg.She handles well . Better than our ML. Downside needs mud flaps. From the factory. Dealer wants over$400.00 to add a set.

Best Protection of Occupants

by BixE9 from Colorado Springs, CO on Sat Mar 11 2017

Safety and reliability are built in. The only time my dealership gets to see the vehicle is when the mileage planned maintenance is required. No failures since I purchased new. Great safety features.

Awesome car

by MB fan of German engineering from on Thu May 18 2017

Every review is right here. I would add this: a semi ran us off the road and into a median at 70 mph...we drove in the grassy median with the car driving smoothly and handling perfectly. We decelerated and safely returned to the highway. I have a lot of confidence in this vehicle.

This SUV is very reliable.

by BENZIN' from Idaho on Sun Jul 09 2017

This vehicle meets our needs and it's very comfortable for long trips to the mountains...it handles quite well through the curvy highway too. Shockingly, this SUV is smaller than our last one and yet, it has plenty of leg room for a 6'4 man.

Too Complicated

by RJM from Seattle, Wa. on Thu May 11 2017

It's a very nice and attractive SUV; easy to get in and out of. The only negative for me, a 76 year old, is that I find it too complicated to operate all the features. I am not inclined to take the time to try to understand the manuals on operation

How come a Mercedez so un-reliable?

by Grace from Boston, MA on Mon Aug 04 2014

My boyfriend and I bought a GLK350 2014 in mid-June and we are very upset that, within 6 weeks, we have to go back to our dealership twice and have 2 issues fixed. The 1st thing we discovered was the wipers left big streaks on the wind shield, so we brought the car back and the dealer found the wipers were bent and crooked. This is a brand-new car! Another shocking finding was just a few days ago. We were on vacation and found out our GPS was not charging by the cigaret charger inside this GLK350. So we assumed that our old GPS cable and adapter might be broken. So we ordered a new Garmin from AMAZON and very surprised to find out that even the new GPS can not be charged with the new car. So i put the new GPS to our old car after the trip and the GPS cable lights up perfectly. We are extremely disappointed with this new finding! How come the famed Mercedez-Benz maker can not even make their wipers and cigaret charger work!!!!! I am asking my boyfriend to return this car to the dealership, but might not be possible. Does anyone have any suggestion what we can do to this car? I am very worried more issues might pop out like this in the near future. We are very upset with the reliability issue of this big brand name.

Does not recommend this car!!

Love it already

by Gail Z from Lafayette CO on Thu Nov 01 2018

The cockpit is simple, well laid out and attractive. Leg room is great. Smooth, zippy ride. The system setting process is easy to follow. Happy owner

Our Take on the 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Editor’s note: This review was written in August 2012 about the 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Mercedes-Benz offers a suite of vehicles that are comfortable, capable, refined … and fussy, and the 2013 GLK-Class is no exception.

Annoyances like complicated multimedia controls, a smaller-than-average cargo area and a clumsy automatic stop/start system undermine the otherwise appealing 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 SUV.

The GLK competes with compact luxury crossovers like the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Cadillac SRX. See them compared here.

A 2013... Read More