2018 Eclipse Cross

2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Have You Driven the 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross?

Outstanding Vehicle!

by Mike S. from Huntley, Il on Fri Mar 30 2018

Even though I just bought the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, it has exceeded my expectations. I have been a Mitsubishi fan for over 13 years and owned several. I piled on the miles with no problems and only regular maintenance which speaks highly of the product. I have had Lancers and Outlanders and enjoyed each one. My new 2018 Eclipse Cross is as outstanding a vehicle as I have ever owned.(That includes an Audi) My SEL is about as high tech as it can be. Tons of features at a price that can't be beat. I drove my neighbors newer Suburu Crosstrek on several occasions driving them to and from the airport and was impressed until I drove the Eclipse Cross. In the same price range the Eclipse Cross outshines the Crosstrek with little difficulty. My fuel economy has exceeded ratings where as the Suburu is a disappointment to my neighbors because it does not meet those ratings. Handling, comfort, and performance also go the the new Mitsubishi from my experience. Time will tell for sure, but the Mitsubishi warranty and support team and there a heck of a lot longer than Suburu's which is an added extra.

One of the best cars I have owned

by LettyS from Chicago, IL on Fri Jun 15 2018

This car met all my needs. This is our official family car and I couldn't be happier with our selection. From the interior to the exterior nothing but beauty! The sound system was by far my favorite aspect!

Great car

by JC from Coppell, TX on Tue Aug 28 2018

Love it! Great price for what I got - very reliable and drives like a cloud. Perfect size - not too large, not too small - love driving the car.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

by AshelyRe from Saint Paul, MN on Wed Dec 05 2018

Comfy and roomy! Beautiful inside and out, very stylish...great sound all around for music. My sons love this SUV. It does NOT feel big and bulky either, has lots of SPEED

Great crossover! I love it!

by Kawaiity from San Antonio, TX on Tue Jan 22 2019

I went in to the dealership to buy a car for my roommate and when i saw the eclipse cross is was love at first sight. Outside is beautiful and the inside is very nice as well. I bought the limited edition one with the black rims and trim and think it looks very sharp. I have had 3 people come up and ask me about it in the first month. I was disappointed in the reviews i saw online as i feel this CUV is amazing! Good pep from the engine and transmission, Apple carplay, great features and got 4500 off MSRP. I highly recommend this car... I love it!

Very nice surprise

by Vbh037 from Milan on Mon Sep 17 2018

I own this car after a lot of luxury cars Ie Land Rover Range or Bmw X6 etc I buy a medium small because i move in down town and is easier get around I have to tell you that this car was choosen after to test car like ford kuga Mercedes gla mini countryman audi Q3 At the end we choosed EC We did 4000 km and i m really happy Its a very quite smooth a performance car!!

sporty elegant CUV

by Uxbridgecross from UXBRIDGE on Tue Jun 05 2018

Sporty, elegant. well built and fuel efficient. One of the sharpest looking utility vehicles on the road. Very comfortable for a long daily commute. Great warranty too.

Best all around value on the market today.

by Driver Dave from Bradenton Florida on Mon Aug 20 2018

Traded a RAV4 hybrid and with the exception of mileage I like this better. It's certainly a better value. Many more standard options. The warranty much better. Zero percent interest much better.

Beautiful SUV!

by Linda traveler from Charlotte on Wed Jan 30 2019

The new Eclipse Cross is beautiful has all the technology and comfort you need for a nice ride! Fully loaded with a touch of a button you can start your car from your phone dual sun roofs and even the steering wheel can warm up ! They thought this one through , love all the features especially the HUD feature so you can easily see how fast your driving !

Best car I've ever owned.

by IceQueen4 from Waverly PA on Sun Mar 31 2019

This car exceeded all my needs, has a mousepad for easy navigation between sirius, fm, nav, etc. Back up cameras, bsm, etc. Turbo engine, and 10 yr 100K warranty.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

The verdict:

Life is full of unanswered questions. Why does a round pizza come in a square box? When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny? Now, I’m adding the 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross to that list: Why does this solidly unimpressive model exist?

Versus the competition:

The compact SUV class is brimming with comfortable, composed and affordable vehicles, and while the Eclipse Cross undercuts their prices, they beat the Mitsubishi in almost every other way.

With its new SUV, Mitsubishi aims to combine the looks and excitement of its discontinued Eclipse convertible with the utility of a compact SUV. The result is as awkward as it sounds in terms both of styling and of its placement in Mitsubishi’s lineup.

The automaker calls the Eclipse Cross a compact SUV, and it slots between the Outlander Sport and three-row Outlander in length. It competes against the likes of the Honda CR-V, Ford Escape and Toyota RAV4; see them compared.

(Un)Controlled Chaos

To my eye, the Eclipse Cross’ styling is as chaotic and awkward as its name implies, from its gaping front grille to its split liftgate bisected by the taillights. Inside, things settle down thanks... Read More