2004 Altima

2004 Nissan Altima

2004 Nissan Altima

4.3

Have You Driven the 2004 Nissan Altima?

GREAT car!

by Mags from California on Thu Aug 30 2007

I love mine - it is perfect for taking my mother out (or boss) and perfect for drivin' down 280 on a Sunday with tunes turned way up. The trunk is huge, plenty of room in theback seat but on the outside it's not a big car. It has a smooth pickup and breezes through 'think fast' type situations. It feels good to drive.

Still Going

by Loyal from West Palm Beach, Florida on Tue Jul 29 2014

Almost 10 years 211,000 miles and still going. If you are going to buy please get 3.5 and not 2.5. It seems as 2.5 has more problems than 3.5. I have another Honda Accord but I still like this one better.

I think I bought the Lemon in the Group

by Meg from Muskegon, MI on Fri Jan 11 2008

I own a 2004 Nissan Altima. I know people who own the same make and model as me and have not had a single problem with their car. I bought this car brand new with 18 miles on it almost 4 years ago. In these past 4 years I have had to get new tires (which is understandable) a new battery (becasue the one the factory put in was leaking), new radiator, new crankshaft and I continually have the problem of my heat not working when the car is in idle or park. I have brought it to the dealership 5 times in the bast year for this same problem (3 times in the bast month). My car is there right now while they are trying once again to see what is causing this problem. From my experience I will not buy another Nissan again and that is unfortunte becasue I do love my car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Good gas mileage, but not a good car

by Disappointed Nissan Customer from San Diego, CA on Sat Jan 19 2008

I totalled my 2002 Toyota Camry, and I thought I would purchase the 2004 Altima. I really liked it at first. I loved the styling, exterior and interior. Loved the gas mileage and the interior space. It was a great vehicle, until I hit 65,000 miles. I started to have a lot of mechanical problems, and since the warantee had expired I had to start paying hundreds of dollars in repairs. The engine is loud, the cruise control buttons have fallen off. The CD player gets stuck. I now have 82,000 miles and they had to replace my transmition. This is a very unreliable vehicle. I had 175,000 miles with my Camry when I totalled it, and never had to do any tune ups or change the transmition, I even bought it used, I was the thrid owner. Very disappointing that Nissan Altimas fall apart with so little miles.

nissan what happened

by nissan owner from springfield ma on Sat Aug 11 2007

I've always owned japanese cars and was extremely happy. Talked to people who had owned late 90's altima they were very satisfied...this one has less than 70k and already electrical problems/sensor issues....car doesn't want too start right away seems sluggish....first and last nissan

I love my car!

by bored from Lincoln, NE on Tue Jan 01 2008

I've owned my Altima for about 6 months now, and I love it. I was surprised at how much power I have with the I-4, so I'm sure the V6 is real sweet. But overall I think it's a great car. Looks good and is reliable (so far).

First Nissan

by traveling consultant from Boston MA on Sun Sep 07 2008

I bought the car brand new 2.5s with a manual tranny.. the exterior is one of its highlights due to the poor material inside..I have about 100k on the car and the only thing out of the ordinary was a crankshaft postioning sensor that failed. car rides fairly well but not as nice as a honda or toyota..gets only about 28mpg on the highway and thats what it averages at 80 mph for 5 hours staright on the road..( i drive cross country all the time) It seems overpowered in the rain and snow.. the continental tires it came with are junk...otherwise a middle of the road car far better than anything ford or dodge built in 04 or any year but not a top contender amoung the japanese fleet...

Fab Car

by Lolo from dfw on Thu Jul 13 2017

Loved the car from the moment I got it in 2004. It was brand new. And I still love it though I think its time for a new car...

Another great starter Vehical

by Jayhawksall from Goddard, KS on Mon Nov 20 2017

This was my very first car given to me by my parents. Was the squad car. We went everywhere in that car. Lots of good memories.

2004 nissan altima - previous owner

by ChristianQuad from Sweeny, Tx on Wed Jun 28 2017

I purchased this car paid in full when i was around 8 weeks pregnant. I knew i always wanted the '04 model altima because i loved the way it looked. I bought it used so i knew there might come about some problems plus with the age of the car. Thats just what happens. I kept the car for about 2 years having replace the alternator twice i decided it would just be best to get rid of the car and go bigger. The two years i had it i absolutely loved it. went on road trips only a little squished in the backseat but its a car, what else do you expect? ;) i truly enjoyed the car during the years i had it.