Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 Altima

2013 Nissan Altima

2013 Nissan Altima

4.3

Have You Driven the 2013 Nissan Altima?

Good so far

by Fred from Middle of Nowhere, Utah on Sun Dec 30 2012

2.5 S, over a month of ownership and over 2,000 miles. This is the replacement for our dependable but recall prone (28 recalls during ownership) 12 year-old minivan. PROS: Good ride, comfy seats, large trunk, excellent highway gas mileage (39 mpg driving a steady 70 mph), quiet interior at speed, warms up quickly in very cold weather, stability and traction control nice during inclement weather, good pedal/seat/wheel relationship, remote start is nice to have, long range for key fob, good ingress/egress both front and rear. CONS: Lousy city/urban gas mileage (25 mpg), speakers aren't great, if the front seats are slid far back your elbow hits the B-pillar. This is the first vehicle I've had with a CVT. If driven with a gentle throttle foot, WOW, this is nice. But when getting on and off the gas hard, the tranny seems to get a bit confused and either hangs onto rev for quite a while or drops revs and then rebounds up. Not a problem, just a bit different compared to what I am accustomed. May just be the computer trying to figure me out. We do not have the lurching as others have noted, nor do we have the booming engine noise at low rpm. Speed through the main road in town is 30 mph and the engine is barely turning over 1250 rpm and all we have is smooth sailing. We did have a loud power steering pump, but that went away after the first 1,000 miles; the only unusual noise we have is a high pitched whine (like a turbocharger winding down) for a few seconds after the engine is turned off. The only explanation I have is this might be the high-pressure pump for the transmission. The only other concern I have is our car is an August build. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), structural changes have been made already during this model year starting with the November and later builds (http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx’id=1738&seriesid=280). I don't know what this means other than a change was made and the IIHS recommends the Altima as a top safety pick only after November builds, but one may want to check the build date (driver side door jam) and get the November and later builds. Overall, we love the ride, seats, handling (kind of sports car like), overall fuel economy, looks, and the quiet cabin. We looked at over 20 different cars and were down to this and the Accord and chose the Altima. I would recommend this car, noting the build date.

very happy with our purchase

by will from york, s.c. on Sat Apr 20 2013

we like the Nissan Altima sv and we especially like the gas milage. Lifetime powertrain warranty is a deal maker.

The New Altima 2.5 L SL

by My New Ride from Waco, TX on Thu May 23 2013

Great car. Very nice riding car, low wind noise, comfortable and large enough. Fits family of 5 well. Lots of trunk space. Tech package is great and Nissan continues to impress with the great stereo system from Bose! Thanks Nissan for paying attention to detail and putting a car out that looks, feels, performs and sounds all great!

2013 altima sv,1st new car

by nissan enthusiast from plattsburgh, n.y. on Mon May 13 2013

Ride is smooth and comfortable, power is average, was looking for good gas mileage. Exterior is very appealing and interior is nice, but seat cloth material attracts lint and hair. Convenience package is a nice feature with sun roof and alloy wheels, bluetooth, homelink, steering wheel audio controls,etc. So far nice car.

Best car i have ever owned!!

by Luvn my Altima13 from Rapid City, SD. on Fri Aug 15 2014

A+++ After several mths, Excellent MPG, Sporty & FUN!! Lots of options that on most cars have to purchase. Nissan Rocks! Highly Recommend, great car for anyone. Young or Old.

Rattles

by Second Nissan Owner from DeWitt, Michigan on Thu Jan 02 2014

We purchased our 2013 Nissan Altima SV August 9, 2013. It started rattling from the sunroof area soon after and by November 11, 2013, the car had been in for repair for a total of 36 full and partial days. We were given an Altima S for a loaner which had no extras. Needless to say, it has been an unhappy experience. Our first 2008 Altima is a good car, although the CVT is noisy, especially when cold. Also, we are not getting anywhere near the gas mileage touted for the vehicle. I am a conservative driver and the best we have had is about 33 mpg and that was mostly highway driving.

Does not recommend this car!!

most reliable car i've owned

by ali from hurst texas on Fri Jan 11 2013

I did not buy honda but i bought altima because of the excelent service and respect given to us.we wanted to buy accord but because of their very very bad service and misguidence to me iwill never ever recomend to my friend to go to huggins honda sales consultant stephnie cruse she have insulted me and lied to me which i will never forget in my whole life.

Would you want your child to drive this car?

by Long-time Altima Owner from St. Louis, Missouri on Fri Nov 09 2012

I bought my 1st Altima back in 2004 and loved everything about it. I was so excited to buy my daughter her first car, especially with all the hype on the redesign for 2013. I drove the car home to surprise her. When she tried to slide the seat up, the bar underneath the seat pulled out. Thankfully the dealer was able to replace the seat and I thought the worst was over. Then the car was recalled, not once but twice. After all this nonsense, the car drives pretty well, not too much noise and decent acceleration. The interiors are an upgrade from the 2004 model I have. I just can't help but wonder what the next problem is going to be though. Overall, it's been a letdown. Nissan can do better than this!

Good so far

by Steady Driver from Winston Salem, NC on Wed Mar 19 2014

This is the first Altima I have owner, but did rent one for an extended trip and enjoyed the car and the ride. I have driven a Cadillac since 1989 and this is the first time I have taken the plunge for what I thought would be a smaller car. I have been plesantly surprised by the room and the performance. The only disappointment is the amount of road noise. It's not extreme but definitely not the quite ride of the more expensive cars. Love the gas mileage and the spacious cabin, head room and back seat space. Only time will tell, all 4 of the cadillacs I owned had close to 200,000 miles when they were retired from service. All were still running great, so others were able to continue driving them.

Very disappointed

by Mimi from Springfield, Tennessee on Tue Jan 06 2015

The outside of the car is beautiful, but the performance is very disappointing. I bought a 2014 Nissan S in August 2014, new. For the first 2000 miles it drove great. It now has 4700 miles on it. When the car get to 1500 RPM to 2000 the car ROARS underneath and the steering wheel and floorboard vibrate. My 9 year old granddaughter asked one day "what is that sound". I took it back to the dealership and they kept it for a day and advised the car was designed that way to get good gas mileage. My daughter and son both have an Altima, but there will not be another one in this family.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31

Our Take on the 2013 Nissan Altima

Upon entering the backseat of Nissan's 2013 Altima for the first time, my daughter exclaimed, "This is just what a limousine is like on the inside! At least, this is what I imagine a limousine is like on the inside!" The role of chauffeur was easily tackled during my week in the Altima.

I don't always love that part of my job description as a mom to two school-aged kids, but it was, in fact, comfortable and doable in the Altima, despite my initial concerns about its size.

It's really not that big a leap to imagine the 2013 Nissan Altima as the car of choice for chauffeurs — both professionals and parents. The Altima is a large midsize sedan, and it easily accommodated my family of four and... Read More