2013 Altima

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

Good so far

by Fred from Middle of Nowhere, Utah on December 30, 2012

2.5 S, over a month of ownership and over 2,000 miles. This is the replacement for our dependable but recall prone (28 recalls during ownership) 12 year-old minivan. PROS: Good ride, comfy seats, large trunk, excellent highway gas mileage (39 mpg driving a steady 70 mph), quiet interior at speed, warms up quickly in very cold weather, stability and traction control nice during inclement weather, good pedal/seat/wheel relationship, remote start is nice to have, long range for key fob, good ingress/egress both front and rear. CONS: Lousy city/urban gas mileage (25 mpg), speakers aren't great, if the front seats are slid far back your elbow hits the B-pillar. This is the first vehicle I've had with a CVT. If driven with a gentle throttle foot, WOW, this is nice. But when getting on and off the gas hard, the tranny seems to get a bit confused and either hangs onto rev for quite a while or drops revs and then rebounds up. Not a problem, just a bit different compared to what I am accustomed. May just be the computer trying to figure me out. We do not have the lurching as others have noted, nor do we have the booming engine noise at low rpm. Speed through the main road in town is 30 mph and the engine is barely turning over 1250 rpm and all we have is smooth sailing. We did have a loud power steering pump, but that went away after the first 1,000 miles; the only unusual noise we have is a high pitched whine (like a turbocharger winding down) for a few seconds after the engine is turned off. The only explanation I have is this might be the high-pressure pump for the transmission. The only other concern I have is our car is an August build. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), structural changes have been made already during this model year starting with the November and later builds (http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=1738&seriesid=280). I don't know what this means other than a change was made and the IIHS recommends the Altima as a top safety pick only after November builds, but one may want to check the build date (driver side door jam) and get the November and later builds. Overall, we love the ride, seats, handling (kind of sports car like), overall fuel economy, looks, and the quiet cabin. We looked at over 20 different cars and were down to this and the Accord and chose the Altima. I would recommend this car, noting the build date.

very happy with our purchase

by will from york, s.c. on April 20, 2013

we like the Nissan Altima sv and we especially like the gas milage. Lifetime powertrain warranty is a deal maker.

The New Altima 2.5 L SL

by My New Ride from Waco, TX on May 23, 2013

Great car. Very nice riding car, low wind noise, comfortable and large enough. Fits family of 5 well. Lots of trunk space. Tech package is great and Nissan continues to impress with the great stereo system from Bose! Thanks Nissan for paying attention to detail and putting a car out that looks, feels, performs and sounds all great!

2013 altima sv,1st new car

by nissan enthusiast from plattsburgh, n.y. on May 13, 2013

Ride is smooth and comfortable, power is average, was looking for good gas mileage. Exterior is very appealing and interior is nice, but seat cloth material attracts lint and hair. Convenience package is a nice feature with sun roof and alloy wheels, bluetooth, homelink, steering wheel audio controls,etc. So far nice car.

I'm in love

by I love my new car from maryland on July 13, 2013

I just recently purchased my 2013 nissan altima 2.5 sv and I am I'm love with it already but I have to admit I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews how noisy it was the only time I hear the engine is when I push to hard and even that is not noticeable this car is great on gas it takes about $65 to fill up I drive about 70 miles per day going to work and I only fill up once a week if you ask me its a great buy

Wonderful car

by thinker from CA on September 19, 2012

Bought a new 2013 Altima SV couple of weeks ago and enjoying it thoroughly. Outstanding car, very comfortable smooth power delivery and very responsive throttle. Getting 40-41 MPG on the highway 30-31 for my mixed commute (which equals or is better than that of many small cars!). Some people have reported "vague" steering but I experienced no problems at all -- if I release the wheel on flat straight stretch, the car stays in the lane for a good long while. When you accelerate hard, you do hear the engine revving up but I find that reassuring and not bothersome. There is no noise when accelerating more gently. This is the first automatic I've owned and I find the CVT wonderfully smooth and responsive. Lots of nice touches, e.g. after turning off the engine power is still available to close the windows!

Best car i have ever owned!!

by Luvn my Altima13 from Rapid City, SD. on August 15, 2014

A+++ After several mths, Excellent MPG, Sporty & FUN!! Lots of options that on most cars have to purchase. Nissan Rocks! Highly Recommend, great car for anyone. Young or Old.

most reliable car i've owned

by ali from hurst texas on January 11, 2013

I did not buy honda but i bought altima because of the excelent service and respect given to us.we wanted to buy accord but because of their very very bad service and misguidence to me iwill never ever recomend to my friend to go to huggins honda sales consultant stephnie cruse she have insulted me and lied to me which i will never forget in my whole life.

Would you want your child to drive this car?

by Long-time Altima Owner from St. Louis, Missouri on November 9, 2012

I bought my 1st Altima back in 2004 and loved everything about it. I was so excited to buy my daughter her first car, especially with all the hype on the redesign for 2013. I drove the car home to surprise her. When she tried to slide the seat up, the bar underneath the seat pulled out. Thankfully the dealer was able to replace the seat and I thought the worst was over. Then the car was recalled, not once but twice. After all this nonsense, the car drives pretty well, not too much noise and decent acceleration. The interiors are an upgrade from the 2004 model I have. I just can't help but wonder what the next problem is going to be though. Overall, it's been a letdown. Nissan can do better than this!

Does not recommend this car!!

Good so far

by Steady Driver from Winston Salem, NC on March 19, 2014

This is the first Altima I have owner, but did rent one for an extended trip and enjoyed the car and the ride. I have driven a Cadillac since 1989 and this is the first time I have taken the plunge for what I thought would be a smaller car. I have been plesantly surprised by the room and the performance. The only disappointment is the amount of road noise. It's not extreme but definitely not the quite ride of the more expensive cars. Love the gas mileage and the spacious cabin, head room and back seat space. Only time will tell, all 4 of the cadillacs I owned had close to 200,000 miles when they were retired from service. All were still running great, so others were able to continue driving them.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30