2017 Altima

2017 Nissan Altima

2017 Nissan Altima

Have You Driven the 2017 Nissan Altima?

Most Beautiful

by Need4spdgirl from Houston, Texas on Wed May 03 2017

My 2017 Nissan Altima is all of that and a bag of chips! This car is beautiful. I received so many compliments and everyone says it's a pretty car. I came out of a v6 SUV, and I am an aggressive driver. This car gets down the road. The seats are comfortable and the ride is smooth!

Great gas mileage and looks

by Steves7676 from Orlando, Florida on Sun Apr 09 2017

I have the 17 SR midnight edition and my wife has the 17 SL we both love the cars and get amazing gas mileage from them. 5 Stars.

My second Altima

by BFevens from Massachusetts on Sun May 21 2017

This is my second straight Altima. This one is the SR and looks much more sporty than the S I traded in. For the engine it has, I am pretty impressed with the acceleration and performance. Comfortable ride as always with an Altima. Backup camera is a nice plus and the paddle shifters are just fun to play with.

Getting down to the basic

by Jim from Huntsville,Al on Tue Apr 18 2017

My new Nissan had few add on's - much like my first car except ; Windows don't have to be rolled up/down by hand, it does have auto heat/ac, and heated seats. a plug in for my I Phone ( didn't need one back then) On second though, reviewing all the standard equipment, maybe Nissan dose not make a basic model. The only option that may be missing is a Navigation system, but I never start any where unless I know where I am going. Jim Sanford PS - I do miss my friends down at the gas station

Does not recommend this car!!

Very good car for the money.

by mnwilli from Maryland on Tue Aug 07 2018

Good value, decent design, good safety features, acceptable gas mileage, and, we hope, durable. Bought used from rental car agency, with 40k miles, in near perfect shape less wear on brakes and tires, 16 months old, for $13,900. From outside, could be a Ford, Honda, or other 4-door sedan, as the teardrop shape now is ubiquitous, but car looks nice. My 17-year old, the primary driver, thinks it looks great. (He also says in Sports Mode it accelerates fast; I?ll have to monitor his driving more closely.) As for safety, I wish Nissan provided a broader range of modernized safety features in base models (this is a 2017 Altima SV with a 2.5 liter 4-cylinder engine). Drivers have to buy the most expensive model to get Automatic Emergency Braking for 2017, I think it becomes standard for 2018. Otherwise, Altima safety is akin to Accord and better than Camry, per NHSTA. MPG around town is 28-29; short highway trips look to be high 30?s. Car replaced a 2010 that had 130k miles when it was totaled by a texting driver; our driver emerged unscathed. We believe the 2017 will be as durable as its unfortunate predecessor.

Stylish and affordable.

by Kd1914 from on Mon Mar 27 2017

Great price and great features for a car in this price range. I am happy with my purchase and recommend this car to others. The miles per gallon rival much smaller cars.

First brand new car I've ever owned.

by westsideuncut from Augusta on Fri May 19 2017

I've had it for less than a month but it's the best car that I've ever had. I love the features including the seats that make long drives more comfortable.

Beautiful car

by Debbie from on Sat Apr 01 2017

Really love my new Altima SL! It is exactly what I was looking for - styling, fuel economy, comfort and size.

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

by Deborahp from Garland, Texas on Tue Jun 12 2018

I love my car! I only wish I could get the Blind spot, Emergency braking and alloy wheels, like the loaner car I am now driving.

Love it

by PEACHY J. on Tue Jun 26 2018

This car is what I needed. Stylish, perfect size and great gas mileage. Has great leg room in the front and back. My Altima came equipped with a sunroof and stylish factory rims that fits my style!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20

Our Take on the 2017 Nissan Altima

The verdict:

The Nissan Altima was updated for 2016 and, while it doesn't do anything badly, it doesn't do much to distinguish itself in the midsize sedan class, either.

Versus the competition:

Though its ride and interior quality are good, the Altima is hamstrung by engine noise and a driving experience that's unexciting — even in this large, unexciting category.

Editor's note: This review was written in June 2016 about the 2016 Nissan Altima, but little of substance has changed. To see what's new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Altima's competitors include the Kia Optima, Chevrolet Malibu and Volkswagen Passat. These and five other sedans competed against each other in our 2016 Midsize Sedan Challenge, for which I was not a judge. I tested an Altima 2.5 SL that cost $32,115, which is more than $4,000 above the price cap we set for that comparison. As a result, my impressions are significantly different from those of my colleagues who judged the Challenge. The fact that there's such... Read More