2017 Nissan Leaf consumer reviews

Explore the 2017 Nissan Leaf
Shop the 2017 Nissan Leaf
4.3

Love not paying for gas

Once you get over range anxiety, owning a Leaf is amazing. Very little maintenance, decently fun to drive and a tax rebate to boot.

I love it!

I really enjoy driving the Leaf. It handles well and can get up to speed quickly. Admittedly I am coming from a little 4 cylinder and not a sports car, but it is quicker than I expected. The lack of engine noise does mean you need to keep an eye on your speed. It comfortably fits my family of four with room in the back for groceries or what ever. I definitely recommend getting an L2 charging station at home. The provided L1 charger takes 26 hours for a full recharge compared to between 6 and 8 for an L2.

3.7

It's electrifying!

This car is better than I expected it to be. It gets great in town range but not so good range on highway.

4.3

I Love my LEAF!

This is my second Leaf. I just turned in my 2015 and leased a 2017. The 2017 has improved range and significantly better tires/wheels. It still has the lousy seat cover fabric that tends to collect animal hair and other debris but all-in-all, it's a fun-to-drive, peppy, little car that never needs to stop for a gas station. If you have a PV system, why not an electric car?

The Perfect Schlepper

Perfect for schlepping littles ones to and from nearby activities. We love our LEAF. So easy to maintain and plugging in to public DC charging stations is easy. We are getting a ChargePoint charger in our garage but may not use much since public charging is faster.

Drive the future of cars now

Purchased at < 45% of MSRP, and costs next to nothing to operate, we're thrilled with this car. Via its mobile app, we can turn the A/C (or heat) on before our commutes. Highway power is amazing ... Value for money, it's the best car we've every owned

4.0

Poor mans Tesla

It was an easy decision after factoring the tax credit and cash back offers. And I have free charging at work is a big help. Strange to pass by the gas station I used every week and realize I'll never fill up the car ever!!

Happy being without a tailpipe

I purchased this car because of great deal being offered by NIPSCO that essentially paid for half of the price of the car. Before doing that i took the Leaf on a test drive and was pleasantly surprised by it's roominess; performance and comfort. The biggest hurtle was having a charging station installed in my garage. It makes everything work. Though the dealership offers free charging it is not convenient visiting daily for a 3 to 5-hour charge. Since having the charger installed I am thoroughly enjoying the car and averaging about 80-miles per day on it. I have filled up my other car only one time since it's purchase. I selected Napleton Nissan as my dealership and have been very impressed with everything that they have done . Keith Supler made everything work with the sale and has been there for me after the sale at every turn. Thank you Keith!

Happy new Leaf Lessee

I have driven this Pearl for about a month now and am delighted with it. The quick acceleration, spacious interior, handy navigation system, charging station finder and other electronic conveniences in the dash -- what's not to like? Being able to re-fuel by plugging into a socket in the garage (where the energy comes from Arcadia wind power) was my primary reason for getting a Leaf, but it's a fine car in other respects as well. And with the tax credits and dealership incentives, it is much more affordable than I expected.