2017 Nissan Leaf consumer reviews

$30,680 starting MSRP
side view of 2017 Leaf Nissan
Explore the 2017 Nissan Leaf
Shop the 2017 Nissan Leaf

Best value for money and fun car

Leaf is the best value for money and fun car I have ever owned. Gives good 110 miles range, Less cost with electric charging and lower annual registration :) . Has surprisingly very good pickup and is fun to drive. Very good for daily commute and chores around the city. low or no maintenance. So overall lots of savings and more fun.

Does everything I need around the city.

I have a large garden and often haul bags of compost around, as well as plants and garden equipment. I drive the car all over the city and just love driving it. When I need power, I leave other cars in the dust. It's a great city car!

4.1

great economy

We have been impressed with the ease of entry and exit, as well as the electronic features, which are intuitive and easy to use. Phone syncing is a cinch.

Very reliable car

This car met all my needs daily commuting around town.. Best part is no gas..no oil change.. and no engine noise...This is my second Nissan Leaf that I own.. The First 2015 Nissan Leaf I bought new I drove 56,000 miles no problems..until the car got total..so I buy the 2017 Nissan Leaf and still enjoys it...

Quicker than I expected.

It is a very comfortable -- more room than my Jetta. It is very quick, especially accelerating from a stop. If the battery lasts four years, then this car is a great value.

1.9

compared to 2018 Leaf it is way behind

Unless it is super cheap it has the following issues: No good chargers close Battery degrades due to lack of thermal management Goofy outside look Looses 1/2 its vaue the day you drive it off the lot Small battery

Totally Electric is Totally Awesome!

I LOVE THIS CAR! It gets me to work and back every day (75km round trip) in comfort and every night I simply "top up" the battery charge for the next day. No more gas price gouging and it's great for the environment. In winter I can even set a timer that will pre-heat the car for me. It's so ultra quiet that I once accidentally left it running for a couple of hours (and didn't even lose 1 km of battery power). Totally electric is totally awesome and the way of the future.

3.8

Potentially my next car

I was very impressed with this car. I do wish there was more room inside and more of a crossover look on the exterior. Very happy with this as an electric alternative to the gas guzzlers!

4.4

Surprising performance and economy

Totally electric, no gas tank. Driving past the gas stations is something you can really get to enjoy.

Great Lil' Car

My first electric car. It's a wonder. Easy to drive, easy to steer, easy on the eyes, driving feels like a different new experience. I've only had it a coupla' weeks, but so far, so good.