2018 Titan XD

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2018 Nissan Titan XD?

2018 Nissan Titan XD 5.0 diesel Platinum Reserve

by Ronw2018 from PASADENA on Thu Aug 09 2018

Has a truck like feel, great steering feel. Very luxerious. Love all the amenitites. I purchased the top of the line Platinum Reserve with the diesel motor and four wheel drive. Couldn't beat the price when compared to ford or chevy. The only negatice so far has been the dealerships, these trucks are only 3 years old and the service and parts depts arent knowledgable about the trucks.

Uses car for Towing

More truck than i thought

by L WOOD from Oviedo FL on Sun Jul 01 2018

It is much more than i expected. From all the early reviews i was hesitant to purchase and i was pleasantly surprised. More surprised each day. The ride quality is the best of any truck and most vehicles ive been in. Its almost as smooth and comfortable as my MB S550. It has more power than 99.9% of consumers would begin to utilize. It wont pull 20k lbs but how many of you need that. I would like to see a but more pep, but is it a race truck, NO! I will say its transmission is silky smooth and im yet to find a flaw in it. The truck has 26k hard miles so far and its running better than it did brand new. All the creature features are there and very luxurious for a pick up. Again, its not the S550, but is the 550 of the truck world. Fit and finish is spot on. I love it and you shoudlnt turn a blind eye to the Titan XD.

Step up from the old

by BobMick from Charleston, SC on Tue Aug 28 2018

Nathan and Day compared to the 2015 Titan I drive for the last 3 years, Nissan in my opinion nailed it. I don?t tow everyday, but when I do I drink Dos Equis. Just kidding, I pull a Cat skid steer and trailer weighing in around 8800lbs, I could feel it behind the 2015. Hooked up to the Titan XD, reat end didn?t even squat down. Pulled it like it was my 4K pound boat. The longer bed and the lights inside of it, shut the front door. If I had more money I would buy another one just to have it sitting in the driveway.

Dream truck

by Jerod 67 from Franklin Louisiana on Tue Oct 02 2018

Love this truck ! I bought it with the Cummins motor love it truck pulls good and rides great! I owned a Dodge Ram 2500 before this truck and the ride of the titan is so much better !! Love my new truck !!

by Red "Fire" Truck on Tue Jul 17 2018

I absolutely love my truck!!! I am a 6' tall female with very long legs and I need the extra space for my school bag and other belongings. This truck will seat 6 people easily. It is red with silver trim and will definitely get up and go when the situation arises... lol. I love this truck and hope to have it for a very long time!!

Can?t beat the Cummins motor

by Jay on Fri Jul 13 2018

Plenty of room , and a big boost in power from a regular V8 pick up , love the power and reliability of the Cummins motor

Uses car for Towing

This truck should be nicknamed THEBEAST

by PETE from Boaz Al on Thu Jun 07 2018

AWESOME, This Truck has power to burn and will tow anything you hook to it. The Cummings diesel engine and 6 speed allison transmission will last forever.

So far, so good!

by RaleighTitan from Raleigh, NC on Sat Mar 31 2018

Let me start off by saying my last truck was a 2007 Titan King Cab. I loved that truck, it was durable and powerful (though the first gen was a bit lacking in tech towards the end of production). When I first heard of the new Titan XD, I had big expectations. I'm not sure what exactly I expected when I heard of a "tweener" truck, straddling the 1500 and 2500 truck ratings. Through all my research (like yours), it became clear this truck is much more a heavy-duty half ton as opposed to a 2/4 ton truck. With that knowledge, I was still intrigued. I knew my needs: that I haul dirt bikes around and occasionally a smaller horse trailer. I did not need a diesel engine capable of towing my house, I do not rely on my truck’s ability to tow big loads for work. I loved my old 5.6 V8, but the fuel mileage numbers were upsetting (10 city- 15 highway). I wanted something safer, and just as robust and reliable as my old 2007. I looked at the domestic brands, Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. Overall, I was pretty disappointed with their offerings in my price point. Again, I turned to Nissan and was impressed with the amount of truck I could get for the money. I had decided I wanted a crew cab with 6.5 foot bed, so the XD was the truck for me. That led me to the next big question, gas or diesel. First, I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles in Diesel trucks (again, from Ford, Chevy, and Dodge) but I have never owned one. There were plenty of nightmare stories from the first year model XDs, but that is true from new products from most companies. The 5.0 Cummins was smooth and powerful, no doubt about it. It was noticeably slower than the gas (strike one), I wanted to avoid the whole DEF emissions system (strike two), and while it got a couple MPGs better than the gas, Diesel fuel in my area is at least $0.40/gal more than unleaded (strike three). Combine that with higher maintenance costs and the Cummins was ruled out for me. Then I found my truck, a 2018 Titan XD Pro-4x Gas. With some pretty impressive rebates, I found myself taking home the new truck. One look at the frame and actual underbody components and it is clear, this is a serious truck. Admittedly, I only have about 5k miles on it so far but I am impressed. This truck is truly comfortable to ride in. More space than anyone needs, innovative storage that I have come to expect from Nissan, and seriously nice features and materials. Sure, the infotainment system seems a little dated, but it works every time. The sensors and cameras surrounding the vehicle are a must in such a big truck, making it feel smaller than it really is. Fuel mileage is great for a truck this size, averaging 13 city and 18 highway (and the Pro-4x typically gets about 1-2mpg worse than the other trims). I have towed several times with the truck so far (up to 8k lbs) and can say it feels like it can handle much more. Numbers on paper don’t give you a good feeling of how WELL the truck tows. This XD is well planted and controlled when towing bigger loads that would make a traditional half-ton start to sweat, giving you just a little added confidence. Everything on the truck just works, I have to say I am happy with my decision so far. If any of this makes sense to you, go try one. Give the 2018 and up a chance, look at what you are really getting for the money. The 2018 Titan XD is just an honest truck.

Amazing Purchase

by NissanTitanFisky from Kiyimat, BC on Sun Sep 23 2018

Just purchased a 2018 Nissan Titan XD with a 5.0L Cummins diesel - amazing truck with more than enough power. Go for a test drive in this truck and you will take it home!!!

good towing truck

by glboardman from Dundee, New York on Sat Oct 13 2018

good interior room and comfort, more accessories than anyone should need, should of had floor mats include , and the gooseneck ball should have been include,