2005 Xterra

2005 Nissan Xterra

2005 Nissan Xterra

4.5

Have You Driven the 2005 Nissan Xterra?

Best I've ever had

by CentralOhioX from Heath, OH on Sun Oct 20 2019

I've had my 2006 for over 5 years now and its pulled out everything from Jeeps, Toyotas, GM trucks, Fords, Dodge and even a Land Rover. The best thing about this SUV is easily how it dominates all situations with more than enough power, on or off road like nothings been thrown at it. I can't say enough about an Xterra honestly to convay how amazing they are.

Love this car!

by carguy from Chicago, IL on Wed Aug 02 2006

This is one zippy SUV, the ride is a little rough but very responsive. My only complaint is the material in the cargo area, packages tend to slide around on the hard plastic.

I own three XTerra (2005, 2006, 2013)

by 50DR from Denver, CO on Wed Nov 08 2017

Super reliable. Great in the snow. Just put gas and oil in 'em. Keep up with recommended maintenance and they will last for more than 200K miles

Great for city and offroad

by Happy Driver from Pittsburgh on Thu Nov 09 2006

I've had my '05 XTerra for about a year and a half and love it. It's easy to maneuver in city traffic, has great pickup, and has performed well when I've had it offroad as well. Before buying it, I read a of other reviews, and one complaint a lot of drivers had was that the seat length was a little short. If you're shorter, like me, this is actually a big plus! I do wish it were about a foot longer, as I've had to wedge a few loads of lumber out the front window, but otherwise the wide, boxy cargo area is great. The only problem I've had is a lot of under-the-hood squeaking - apparently there's a non-recall repair bulletin out for a plastic bushing repair that can be done, though I haven't gotten around to it yet. Overall, it's a pleasure to drive all the time.

Will Remember This Car Forever

by Hoosier2013 from Louisville, KY on Wed Jul 19 2017

This car met all of my needs. I was most impressed with the amount of space and the ride. There was plenty of room to seat all passengers comfortably and, with ability to remove/fold-down seats, provide extra room for hauling. Never had to worry about getting stuck in any kind of weather. This vehicle is very durable,safe, and has plenty of power to keep you out of any tight spots. It also featured a surprisingly crisp sound system that great for road trips and the commute to work. I would recommend this car to anyone. Absolutely my favorite vehicle to this day.

One of my favorite vehicles ever owned

by LG from Saint Petersburg, FL on Mon Jan 13 2020

This car has been real good to me. Has a lot of power you can feel it as soon as you start it up. Has all terrain tires but still drives smooth for the type of vehicle it is. If you’re an outdoor person like me who is constantly needing to throw stuff in the back for camping/biking/working out etc., it’s the perfect vehicle for you. A new job has caused me to commute further so I’m changing to a smaller car with better gas mileage, or else I wouldn’t be selling it! Will miss this car and will probably purchase an Xterra again in the future.

Most reliable and fun to drive car ever

by xterra driver from san diego on Mon Sep 16 2019

This is the most reliable and fun to drive car I have ever owned. Great ground clearance visibility and turning radius. Great stereo speaker system too!

A rugged yet practical off-road SUV

by SharkByte5150 from Elk Grove on Mon Jan 09 2017

Have always wanted an X-Terra and have not been disappointed at all. I got a pre-owned 2005 SE and despite being designed and built primarily as an off-road vehicle it works great for daily commute and has rugged looks, a smooth and quiet ride and a surprisingly comfortable interior. I highly recommend!!

Do not EVER want another car.

by longrundriver from Boulder City NV 89005 on Sat May 12 2018

I intend to have my 2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road FOREVER. I am super comfortable driving it---I sit UP and can SEE---especially important on long drives.

Best vehicle in it's class

by Young guy's X from Chester Springs, PA on Wed Sep 23 2009

I bought my 2005 Nissan Xterra with 45000 miles on it and so far no issues to report at all. It handles great in the city, rougher ride, but it is an SUV on a truck frame and i like it. The seats are comfortable for long trips, took it on a 5 hour trip and loved the comfort. I've done some light off roading and it handled like a dream, can't wait for the snow to come. I do recomend if you get one of these, get a retractable cargo cover for it. I love it because there's not much to the interior, it is exactly what they say, "everything you need, nothing you don't". I looked at the jeep liberty and it was terrible, the toyota 4runner, and it was to frilly and soft. The explorer was absolutely horendous. If you are looking for a rough and ready SUV to take you anywhere get one of these, i strongly recomend it.

Our Take on the 2005 Nissan Xterra

One of my favorite SUVs has become even better.

Last fall, Nissan introduced the second generation of its compact Xterra for 2005, which continues as a true truck-based sport utility designed for the kind of rugged off-road driving that I enjoy.

It returns for 2006 with no significant changes, since it was just redone.

The redesign of the Xterra coincided with the makeover of the Nissan Frontier pickup, upon which the Xterra is based. For 2005, both vehicles got extensive changes, including a new chassis that is related to the one used for the full-size Titan pickup, as well as the full-size Armada and midsize Pathfinder sport utilities.

For the Frontier and Xterra, which are considered compact trucks... Read More