1996 Grand Voyager

Reviews Summary

4.3

4.7 out of 5 starsPerformance

All Reviews

Grand Voyager Van is my pride and joy.

by neo from Tucson, AZ on November 3, 2008

I bought a new 1996 Grand Voyager SE. I have lots of people sometimes, so the quad of captains chairs and the bench seat for three was exactly what I needed. I also have a ceramics business and periodically haul large loads of items. Since the captains chairs unhook and the bench seat can be released from its rail, I can take all seats out with the exception of the drivers seat. The car itself is so comfortable, I never have a back problem. It is a very smooth ride. When I pick up dry cleaning, I hang it on pull down hooks on either side. This car also has two ports (front and rear for laptops or other items)Cup holders throughout, as is press to turn on lights. With over 100,000 miles, I have had minimal repairs. I would be lost without my van.

best for the money

by neal from independence, mo on August 28, 2006

for the money, this is best most reliable minivan made. Have 150K on our 96 and it just keeps going. Only had a couple small repairs in the 10 year history, it's a tank. Plan on keeping it another 150,000 miles!

Less Than Average

by Dysan from San Francisco, CA on May 18, 2011

Pros: Roomy, powerful, nice design, comfortable ride, feels solid, good visibility, practical, clever layout. I've heard engine 3.3L V6 can last up to 200K miles. +++++ Cons: Repaired/replaced the following parts: 2001 - starter, a/c clutch, coil and pulley; 2002 - serpentine belt disengaged while driving & O2 sensor; 2003 - brand new transmission & BCM module @ 49K mi !!!; 2004 - transmission solenoid wire; 2005 - ac condenser; 2007 - radiator; 2008 - another sensor I forgot; 2011 - power windows and rear quarter vent window motors.++++ Verdict: Quality is hit or miss. If you are into DIY, this would be a good van.

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Expert Review: 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager