2004 Bonneville

2004 Pontiac Bonneville

$691 - $7,355  MSRP Range
2004 Pontiac Bonneville

4.1

Have you driven the 2004 Pontiac Bonneville?

Love em

by pentistar from Muskegon Mi on Fri Feb 25 2011

The ex wife got the first 04 in the divorce ..I liked it so much found another just like it with less miles on it . Can't beat that Bonneville !!!!! P.S. Great in the snow. The MPG is good also very happy with that. The actual is 23 city and 27 hwy in winter and is better in summer.

Excellent Car - Know What You Are Getting Into

by V8 Muscle from Minneapolis, MN on Wed Feb 01 2012

I have an '04 Pontiac Bonneville GXP and overall, I love the car. It has a very smooth ride, sporty styling especially for a 4-door sedan, and has plenty of power with the Northstar V8 (@275hp). Plus its FWD with traction control so it handles snow, rain quite well. Even with the V8, I've been getting 15-17 mpg city and 22-25 mpg hwy. Although I really enjoy this car, the quality can be a little suspect at times. I've had to fix/replace parts that I've never had issues with on other cars, but then again, they all have been fairly cheap repairs (~$30). Also, with the Northstar engine, you have to know how to drive it to properly maintain it. This isn't your average sedan motor; it was built as a performance engine and that's how GM tested it. Owners need to realize when they purchase this car that it is meant to be driven hard at times (WOT). By driving it at WOT, the piston rings create a better seal and carbon build up is removed. Moreover, some oil consumption is NORMAL in this vehicle. It was designed to push more oil towards the rings to keep everything lubricated hence the 7.5 qt in the crank case. There is plenty of information on the net on this topic if you need to do more research. Once I came to understand how to maintain this car, it has been a very fun and reliable car for me. I am glad I own it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a performance sedan on a budget.

Best performance car i've owned

by Car Enthusiast from Moscow Mills, MO on Mon Mar 15 2010

The car handles well in the bad weather. It has a lot of pick up when getting on the highway. The sound of the roaring engine is amazing. This car is outstanding for the money!!!

Head Turner

by Pontiac Fan from St Louis, MO on Wed Dec 08 2010

I owned a Buick Regal for over 10 years. The car was in great shape and was nearing the 130,000 mark. The Buick was unfortunately totaled because some lady on a drunken rampage decided to flee the police and smash into my parked car. So I began to look for a similar car, something maybe a bit bigger and sporty. We of course looked at several Dodge Chargers and Chrysler 300's, but they were priced in an uncomfortable range for me. I continued to shop and found the 2004 Bonneville GXP. Now this wasn't the Bonneville my Mother used to drive! My wife and I loved the styling of the 04 Bonneville and the North Star V8 under the hood. The car has plenty of power and the dual exhaust produces a very nice "rumble". The interior is just as beautiful, but the driver may get a little overwhelmed with all the gadgets. There are plenty of buttons to push, so watch the kids closely. The only complaint I have about the car would be SPACE. I thought since it was a Bonneville I would have plenty of room. I am 6' 5" tall and it is a tight squeeze for me as a driver or front seat passenger. However, the primary driver of our car is my wife and she has plenty of room. This car is a "Head Turner" and people have on more than one occasion asked me direct questions about the car. Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase!

Smooth ride

by Izzy from Lansing, MI on Tue Sep 08 2009

Great car, smooth ride with North star V8 engine. Plenty of power to get you where you want to go. love the throaty power sound of this car. This is the 4th and best Bonneville I've owned. Too bad GM dropped this beautiful car.

The best car ever!!

by Urma from on Sat Sep 15 2012

I love my Bonneville!! I'm very happy with it's performance!! Inside and out I love it, especially the V8!!

Excellent first car for teenager

by Pontiacman from salina, ks on Sun Sep 10 2017

We just purchased this a metallic grey Bonneville for our teenage son for his first car. As parents, we love he reliability Pontiac brings, as parents of a teen boy, we love that it is a safe and stylish car for our son. We found this near pristine Bonneville for our 16 year old son. It was owned and maintained by and ASE certified mechanic for the last 10 years and has low mileage, less than 80,000. The leather is pristine, and the body and paint near perfect. Our son LOVES the Pontiac lines, and the beefy engine sound, even without X pipes or other modifications. With some upgrades rims and tinted windows, he is now a marked man in the high school parking lots. Overall, we know this car will last him probably though college. Even though I miss Pontiac as a staple brand, I enjoy knowing the any pontiac, when in good condition, is now a classic.

Great Heavy Duty Car

by Tammie from Green Bay, WI on Sat Mar 17 2018

This is the 3rd Pontiac Bonneville we have purchased. We go out of our way to find Pontiac or Buick vehicles that offer the 3800 engine. This engine is "bomb proof". You will literally wear the car out before the engines goes. This car "floats" down the road and there is nothing better to drive in the winter!

grew on me...!

by Pontiac lover!! from Corbin, KY on Fri Jul 24 2015

I didn't know that the Bonneville GXP existed until I found the one that I have now on a car lot. At first I thought I had made a huge mistake but after driving it for several months I literally love this car! The engine sounds great like to pull out at red lights and goose it a little to get people to look. Handles tight turns like it's on a rail. Smooth ride and ample power too. Lots of nice interior gadgets to play with. Overall, a fun car that looks great! Love the Northstar V8!!

GXP - luxury and performance

by Pontiac for life from MD on Mon Jan 16 2012

This car rides like a dream and handles the corners like it's on rails. The car has been very reliable with decent mileage considering the power available. Averages about 20 mpg. Many features found on pricey Bimmer and Benz and more like the HUD, memory driver features (seats & mirror, plus radio. Mine is white with tan interior; it's a real head turner. The car is garage kept and has very low mileage. sounds great, pulls a quick 1/4 mile, cruises effortlessly at 80+, handles the corners like a jet fighter and nice to drive.

1 2

Our Take on the 2004 Pontiac Bonneville

Sedan Lives Up to Its Heritage

I once visited friends in a Northern Virginia neighborhood where "diversity" refers to the texture of lawns, or maybe the size of cooking galleys in kitchens large enough to serve as cafeterias.

I decided to be naughty. I showed up in a black-on-black Chevrolet Impala SS with polished chrome wheels and exhaust tips, something radical enough to stand out among the Volvos, BMWs and Mercedes-Benz cars parked in the hosts' driveway and cul-de-sac.

I got the desired reaction. "Oh, Warren," said the woman of the house, "that car is so urban!"

It had been a while since I'd driven an automobile with that kind of I'm-from-Detroit-and-if-you-don't-like-it-you-can-fill-in-the-blank attitude... Read More