2005 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Bonneville
Average based on 16 reviews

Love my 2nd Bonneville!

by from Norwich CT on October 9, 2010

I had a 1995 Bonneville which I would have kept until the end but when I heard they were halting production, I hurried and got a left over 2005 in 2006. I absolutely love it - everything about it. I hate that I can't buy a third one! Cool car!

Excellent Value

by from Columbus, OH on August 27, 2011

Can't speak of reliability, just bought a 2005 SE with 71,200 original miles, 1 owner, clean carfax, dealer maintaned. This car is so CLEAN!!! drives like a dream, got it for a song considering it was over 28K new. Wish I had the center console with the shifter in on the floor, but considering how mint this car is I will survive. I am a big man, 6'2", 300lb and I fit well. My son is 6'7" 200lb and he fits good also. I wish they never stoped making them. I feel so lucky to have this one.

my Dream Car

by from Illinois on May 1, 2008

The GXP is my third Bonneville and definitely my favorite!!! Great ride and doesn't make you feel like you are driving a boring sedan. Pontiac needs to start making Bonnevilles again!!

Best Car EVER

by from Eagle River, Alaska on March 25, 2008

I think the pontiac Bonneville GXP is a very Strong good looking sports car. I bought mine brand new in 2005 and it's has been way more than I could every ask for in a Car.

Great Bonneville GXP Purchase

by from Fort Wayne, IN on June 25, 2012

Purchased at 40,500 miles and love the ride and the power and the cool air conditioning. Just installed a Kenwood in-dash NAV and stereo unit. Looks great.

It's a Shame GM Put Pontiac and the Bonneville to

by from Houston, TX on March 4, 2015

Purchased a 2005 SE used Aug 2013. I thought I got a great deal knowing all the ills the car had. Had all issues addressed before put into service (LIM gaskets, plenum, flush all fluids and a tune-up). We've put 25,000 miles on the car without any problems. For me it rides better and quieter than wife's 2013 CTS bought new for her. Bought a 1992 SSE new 11/91, put 305,000 miles on it. Wife likes it best of all the cars. "Mechanic" at "repair shop" didn't tighten all the nuts causing the engine to fail. Drive train is original. Most dependable car we've ever owned. Expect to get more out of the 2005 Bonneville SE.

Very strong, very comfortable

by from Florida on October 12, 2007

As the title already states, this vehicle is a high powered high comfort sedan. It has a great sporty look and was the favorite car I've owned. Gas mileage is the only down factor if you are worried about such things.

Most reliable car EVER

by from ND on June 9, 2016

I owned a 89 Bonneville. At 400+K miles, it started having transition problems. Only work during the 400+K miles was brakes. Now have the 2005. No problems or work yet with 176K miles. I had gone to a dealership in 2000 to look for a used Bonneville. They had a lot of Cadillacs and Chevys, but no Pontiacs. I asked why. The dealer said that few people trade them in as they are such a reliable car, they keep them for a second vehicle. Wish they still made the Pontiac. I think the reason they quit making them was that they were so reliable that people didn't need to buy as often. Two other dealers at different locations said it was the best engine ever built. Smoothest ride ever and easy to handle.

last forever

by from columbus ohio on August 13, 2014

i owned a 2003 for 310,000 miles and i hit a deer.... i found a 2005 with low miles and im loving it

Very reliable. Great style.

by from NM on June 23, 2015

Has given me 10 years of reliable, trouble free service. Comfortable, great for long highway cruises plus 29-30 mpg to boot. For me, nothing today comes close style wise.