2003 Pontiac Vibe consumer reviews

$16,485–$19,785 MSRP range
side view of 2003 Vibe Pontiac
Explore the 2003 Pontiac Vibe

versatile

I've had this car for 13 years and almost 200,000 miles and it's still runs great. The style was ahead of its time- many cars today are clearly inspired by the design.

I love my Vibe

Just hit 200,000 miles and still going. Handles and drives like a brand new car still... Thank you Pontiac and thank you Toyota for the great drive train. You cant go wrong with this vehicle. 2003 Pontiac Vibe 1.8 6 Cyl 5 speed Fwd.

At 285,000 still rockin !2003 Vibe

I was looking at Matrix in 2003/4 the Toy dealer said he had a Vibe in the lot with about 10k on it.. I'd never even new about tge Vibe ..same car w/ Pont on it. So.. I now have 285,000 .only fixed the reg stuff over the years. Cat, head gas, struts, bearings, but today looks like tge starter contacts have failed.. first tint the car didn't go in 15 years,

I love the way this car drives. Great gas mileage.

This car has had a lot of problems. Recalls, replaced engine, water pump 3 times, head gasket. Yet I keep it. It's fun to drive.

2003 Pontiac Vibe same as Toyota Matrix.

This is a sleek little economical car with great eye appeal. It is perfect for a small family wanting comfort and reliability. It is great on gas mileage and has all the options as a larger car.

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned

I have owned this car for nearly 10 years and I can honestly say it is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Never seen a shop other than regular maintenance and replacing parts that are expected to go over that many years. I know Pontiac is no more, but this car is manufactured by Toyota and so yeah its made to last.

4.0

This car and I have a symbiotic relationship.

Dependable and solid as a rock. Bought this new in 2003 and almost 200k miles later, I'm still driving it. I have thoughts now and then of upgrading to something more modern. Of modern conveniences in my friends' cars that the Vibe does not have. But when I think of how dependable this car has been, I just can't justify sinking money into a new car. For what I paid for this, the fact that it has lasted so long with so little going wrong is amazing to me. I hope I'll be driving it at least another five years.

Vibe GT is the car for me

I bought my GT Vibe used with 58,000 miles on it and now have 120,000. As I write this, I am having a hard time even thinking of what I have had wrong with this. I changed the clutch at 80,000 miles, new battery, new plugs at120k, but that's about it. I change the oil regularly, but that's about it. Recently I had the check engine light come on and my mechanic thought it might be time for a new catalytic converter, but he changed the plugs, and ran some sea foam into the vacuum lines, and the light went off and hasn't been on since. Love the style, love that it's a six speed. I'm six two, and have plenty of leg room. Cargo space is enourmous. I get roughly 27 mpg combined city/hgwy and my record is 31. The paint is fading, but the car is 11 years old and in the Texas sun. I wish GM still made these. I am looking at buying a Subaru Crosstrek and giving this to my son, but I hate to give it up. Great car!

Solid, reliable, and FUN!

I purchased a 2003 Vibe new. The color is 'Envy' yes, you hardly see this color anywhere in 'VibeLand'. I had quite a few $$ adding up on my old GM Credit Card and wondered what GM vehicle would I purchase given I'm generally a Honda/Toyota buyer. Well, when I saw the Vibe, it was easy. Nice Pontiac styling and Toyota underneath. The car now has 175,000 miles with only three non-maintenance items replaced. The diverter motor for inside/outside air, the tensioner for the belts, and valve cover gasket. I replaced all three myself and have also been pretty religious about doing the routine maintenance (myself). Oil every 5K, brake fluid/coolant swapped every 2 years, and transmission fluid replaced every 30K (just the pan). This car is not a luxury car, but very solid mechanically and I would venture to say she will run another 100K miles fairly easily. Using no oil, and runs like new. Pretty amazing and versatile car!! Love it!

4.3

GREAT Car!

I have owned this car for about 7 years. When I got it - it had 35k miles... Today it has almost 180,000. Took really good care of it- Replaced the Battery,,, Water Pump,,, New Tires-- Normal stuff. Love the hatchback- Great legroom and fits a "Larger Curvey Girl ". Great Gas Mileage.. My biggest complaint is how Loud it is inside the car with limited sound insulation. It will be a great car for my 16 year old to Drive... Only thing now is that I have to look for a new car... Ugh.