2003 Pontiac Vibe consumer reviews

side view of 2003 Vibe Pontiac
Explore the 2003 Pontiac Vibe
4.3

Great MPG, Issues with winter driving

I have had her for 3 years now and the mileage hasn't dropped off even though I am over 80,000km. She handles well on dry flat pavement, gravel, ruts and snow/slush are a challenge. I haven't been able to get any tires that improved her traction. There is a little torque pull, but it is manageable if you use your head. As always I recommend if you buy a 4 cyliner get the stick (manual) so you aren't underpowered to pass or navigat hills. Lots of fun to drive, not a sports car so don't get high expectations. Very quick off the start w/ the gearing but top end is limited.

love my vibe!

This is my most favorite car I have ever owned! It is roomy and versatile. I can haul just about anything I want. It transports up to 5 people comfortably and with the back seat folded down I brought my brand new washing machine (fullsize in the box) home. It gets app. 30 miles a gallon and is fun to drive. With regular maintenance I have had no major mechanical problems. My only complaints are that initially the clutch took some getting used to, it seems that it is geared high. I also don't care much for the upholstery. It seems that it holds dirt, even though it is black. Overall, I love my Vibe and would only consider getting rid of it for a newer model. I usally get the urge to trade about two years in, but not this one!

Vibe GT is a sporty crossover-ute

Being a pretty much a "Toyota" under GM badge, this car has a very good value and the reliability. The GT version I've driven has the 6-spd with 170+hp (SAE?) which share the same spec with the Toyota Celica GTS. It does not handle as well as the sporty and feather-weighted Celica, but it still handles better than SUVs since it weighs only about 2,700 lb.. With high performance tires, the engine and tranny combination is too fun! It has tons of room! It seats all 5 adults comfortably AND plenty of cargo space since it's a hatchback! The built-in roofrack was very handy when I took 4 other friends and 5 snowboards (4 on top and 1 in cabin) to Tahoe from San Francisco! That's a 4-hr drive! When I first drove the car, the distance of the stick shift was tad bit far for me (5' 9") and the clutch felt a bit too close, but once I got used to driving it, I didn't feel any discomfort even during long drives to LA. In conclusion, it is a great all-around car because of both the fun and the utility factor. On top of that, the 4 cylinder makes it a pretty darned good commuter car saving you $. Expert Review says, "...the Vibe was engineered by Toyota...." =)

Cool Vibe

Love This Car!! Does it perform like my CTS?.. obviously not. However, I have put more than 110K miles on it & it runs like a top w/approx 30mpg.. It hauls as much as my former Grand Cherokee with many cooler features (love the back hatch which also opens at just the window part. Great comfort, visibility & fun factor. With normal care and maintainance, I've had virtually no problems. It has plenty of zip w/small engine.. great head & foot room. It's like a mini sport SUV. Toyota quality with Pontiac styling--YEAH!!!