2006 Vibe

2006 Pontiac Vibe

2006 Pontiac Vibe

4.5

Have you driven the 2006 Pontiac Vibe?

Excellent car

by Keep 'em till the wheels fall off from Vicksburg, MS on Fri Jan 14 2011

We bought our 2006 Vibe new. We added side air bags, cd player, cargo area carpet, and cigarette lighter (otherwise no 12V outlet). The 120V outlet is handy as a pocket on a shirt. I faithfully change the oil an filter every 3,000 miles (Valvoline 5W30; AC or Fram filter). Uses absolutely no oil (for what it's worth, I do give it a Slick 50 treatment at the recommened interval; the Buick Century I traded in on it had 290,000 miles, used no oil, and I'd used the same Valvoline Oil and Slick 50 in it). Changed transmission fluid every 50,000 miles. Now have 117,498 miles and have to do my first repair -I have to replace a headlight bulb. Am on my third set of tires (be sure and keep the front end alignment set to "0"). No other repairs at all. Still has the original disc pads/brake shoes. Gets about 25 -26 mpg city/hwy combined and gets up to ~ 31 mpg hwy IF I keep it to 65 mph. Top end about 110 mph. We use this vehicle for commuting, traveling, camping, hauling horse feed, some off road - in short, whatever we think it will do. Have not pulled any trailers with it. It has been one of the most trouble free vehicles I've ever owned. I just wish GM had not phased Pontiac and the Vibe out of production. I highy recommend this vehicle, but - as for all used vehicles - maintenance records are vitally important.

No problems

by Spikey59 from Houston, TX on Sat Apr 14 2012

I bought my base model vibe in 2006 new. After having the car for 6 years and putting 112,000 mi on it I had only one issue with the on board computer which was under warranty. The storing capacity was great and I loved that the whole back row of seats folded down for extra room. I loved my vibe. It was reliable and great on gas. I would recommend this car to anyone.

GREAT Car!

by bj from n.canton, OH on Wed Dec 14 2011

I have owned this car for 5.5 years, 132,000 miles. Normal maintenanace items only. Extrememly reliable and 34 mpg. Best car I have ever owned. Pros: Good mpg; comfortable, upright seating position; can get out of it's own way with the 5 speed; carry a lot of stuff when needed; RELIABLE; and aging very well. Cons: What do I replace it with???

~ Great Ride ~

by AD in Vegas from Las Vegas, NV on Thu May 13 2010

I bought this car used and found it to be fun and reliable and GREAT on gas. I use it to toodle around town. I did find it was a noisy ride, but the sound system usually buried it. There is not a lot of console space for stuff. Other than that, it's a good deal. My car was hit from behind, very hard, from a drunk driver and it took the impact fantastic. The car was totalled and am thinking of getting a new one.

Great First Car

by Bargain Hunter from Sacramento, CA on Mon Jun 27 2011

I bought a Vibe for my daughter, a new driver. My focus was on safety and reliability. Consumer reviews on many sites gave this car high ratings in many areas. The Vibe has a great exterior look; sporty but not flashy. Solid construction with no "tinny" parts. Interior is well-designed. Adequate head- and foot-room, with tons of cubbies and compartments for sunglasses, CDs, etc. The car has adequate power and handles well. Turning radius and manueverability is also good. Seems like a solid car. After a few months of driving, have not noticed any performance issues or annoying features.

Best Car I have ever owned and driven

by Aury M from Houston, TX on Tue Jan 17 2017

I got this car as the second owner. It had already about 45,000 miles on it. It was owned by an older lady she took care of it and just drove it for trips. I needed a vehicle for college since I was commuting to the university. It has now been over 8 years now that I have had it and it still runs! I have abused this car on miles and maintenance and it still runs amazing. It now has 267,000 miles and I am in shock on how much it has lasted. It was great for me, it didn't give me any issues when in college. The first big issue I had was transmission fluid change at 100,000 miles. I had to replace the tires like any other car about 5 times now. I have driven everywhere with it, from commuting daily to school and work, to road trips, errands, daily life commute, it has just been with me everywhere. This is the best car I have ever had compared to other cars from friends and family. My own family members are amazed on how much this car has lasted. It looks a bit beat up now but still the engine drives very smooth. LOVE THIS CAR!!

Excellent commuter vehicle

by Lake Dude from Davidson, NC on Fri Jun 22 2007

The 2006 Vibe is a very comfortable car with excellent gas mileage. I average 30.5 in mixed driving. On the highway I average 35. I have gotten as much as 39.6 on the highway. The seats are soft and supportive. The engine which is used in the Matrix and Toyota Corolla sounds sporty in this car. I highly recommend this car for commuting or for small families. With the luggage space and the fold flat seats, you can't go wrong.

Great MPG

by Richard from Atlanta, Ga on Thu Jul 20 2006

Test drive a 5-speed manual, and you'll be sold. The manual has plenty of power.Fit and finish are excellent, and interior is roomy. The armrest is too low for comfort, but is easy to replace.Everything else is great. Close to 40mpg on Hwy! I LOVE this car..

Pontiac Vibe review

by Old guy in young car from North Texas on Sat Nov 11 2006

One of the ratings categories that is missing above but important to us is safety. The Vibe does very well in crash test ratings for passive safety and the availability of ABS, side/side curtain airbags and Stabilitrak clinched it for us. We enjoy the overall driving experience even more than we expected. The utility is an added plus, we've hauled furniture, hot water tanks, and more in it. Reliability has been excellent through 17K miles and as the weather cools and the A/C is not on 100%, our mileage has been consistently in the 30-31 mpg range with an automatic. Negatives: maybe noise level but other owners tell us that upgraded tires will improve that. The Vibe is fun, practical, economical, and recommended.

Most Reliable and Fun Car I've Owned

by NatsFan from Bowie on Fri Mar 10 2017

I purchased my 2006 Pontiac Vibe new and I have been the main driver since then. While it's bones may be that of a common Corolla, Pontiac put some very nice finishing touches, creature comforts for the most part, that really have made the car a joy to drive. The one that I have made the most use of and I wish could be found in more vehicles, is the simple electrical outlet near the gear shift. Reliability I'm horrible at taking care of cars and I've gone way too long between oil changes far too many times, but this car has taken all of my abuse and kept on chugging. Now that we have both gotten older I've tried to mend my ways and become better about those oil changes. The car has also started to speak up a bit more when gets closer to that time. Driving It's really just a tall Corolla hatchback. You're not going to be winning any drag races or even feel like you might, but the ride is good enough. I've had no problems with handling in sun, rain, high winds, snow or sleet. The car is a work horse that will serve you well as long as you treat it well.

1 2 3 4