2009 Vibe

2009 Pontiac Vibe

2009 Pontiac Vibe

Have You Driven the 2009 Pontiac Vibe?

2009 Vibe

by New Car Owner from Vancouver WA on Mon Dec 13 2010

Saw this car in a parking lot of a store, and thought..mmm.. cute car.. went home, looked on line to see what it was and how much, then searched in my home town... and there was one on the lot just waiting for me! Bought it in the middle of a snow storm. Great handling on the slick roads. LOVE this car. Roomy, affordable, and easy to drive and see out of. Lots of windows and storage space. For a mini SUV, it gets great gas mileage, 30 MPG!

GLC - Great Little Car for a 6' 5" Guy

by GLC - Great Little "Big" Car from Indianapolis, IN on Sun Feb 06 2011

Have owned this Vibe since August 2004. Still runs and looks great after 85K miles. Drive mix of city and highway each day to work and get almost 27 MPG. Have only changed brake pads once and no other major repairs. Would like to buy a newer version, but nothing is wrong wiht this one. One satisfied owner. Best joint venture model between GM and Toyota. I was skepital after the GEO Prizm and Chevy Nova from years gone by. I will probably drive this baby for another three or four years. BTW - I am six foot five inches and fit in this car better than my wife's Saturn Aura which is much larger car.

What a Ride!

by VIBErations from Oklahoma City, OK on Fri Oct 15 2010

These cars are roomy, comfortable and pretty quick too. Mine gets an average of 25.87 in 50-50 driving and 31 on the highway. As with any smaller vehicle, it does have a little road noise...but not enough to keep you from enjoying the ride. The dash is the very best! There is no time, brightest day or darkest night when you cannot plainly see all your gauges and lights. The vents are also the best. They are round and can be directionalized to suit any driver. All controls are easy to access. I added an after-market body side molding (Brandwing Sport) and it made a great difference in the appearance. These cars have the finest Toyota drive train every produced, so they can be counted on for a long time to come. And they are cute too!

Great car for both Mom and Son!

by Mom of a teenager from Rochester, NY on Mon Jan 13 2014

GM needs to somehow bring this car back. I was first introduced to Vibes a couple of years ago when renting them on business trips. They were comfortable, and easy to manuver. I was searching for a car that I felt was safe for my teenage son, that he and I were both willing to drive -- and the Vibe was the car. He needed a car that he could haul guitars and amps in, and I needed a car that I could easily haul 50 -pound bags of animal feed. He wanted a Subaru until he drove the Vibe -- then he understood how comfortable it was -- much more comfortable than a Subaru. The hatchback is perfect. This car is heavier than most small cars, and therefore has less road noise than other cars its size. There is ample room in the backseat to comfortably seat two passengers, and not have your legs rammed up against the front seat. It has better excelaration than other cars its size, but it also has a larger engine. It has stability/traction control, and seven airbags. We purchased the model with low-profile tires, and I would not recommend that style of rim -- at least where were are located in upstate, NY. The car has handled well in the snow, but we did not purchase an AWD model. The car also came with PRETREATED undercoat -- which is necessary given all of our road salt and harsh winters. I have absolutely no complaints, except the low-profile tires/rims. I would recommend this car to any parent looking for a safe car to share with their kids. Great heat! Good luck finding a used Vibe with low miles. A friend of mine has over 200,000 on his, and many of the Vibes listed were 150,000+ miles.

Best All-Around Car I've Owned

by Import Car Owner from Cincinnati, Ohio on Sun Dec 06 2009

Bought this 2009 Vibe as a dealer demo and now has 11,000 miles on it. It is the AWD model with moonroof. We have owned (we still have one Accord)Hondas for years and also have a Jaguar sedan for fun. We were a bit nervous going domestic but any fears were immediately put to bed. We needed a versatile car for work and play, including trips & room for the dog;this is it and more! It's a fun, reliable, safe, comfortable car with a ton of well-thought out features & great warrenty. The Toyota connection doesn't hurt either. Too bad GM's troubles killed this gem- it should be Car of the Year! Guess it will have to live on as the Toyota Matrix but that car doesn't look as good as the Vibe!

get one of these !!!!

by CCancel from Sacramento CA on Mon Aug 24 2015

I am at 278,000 miles on this car - it does burn some oil however it has been a very dependable vehicle... I am sold on this car

Great Car, Better Price

by Vibe Fan from Ankeny, IA on Sun Mar 04 2012

My 2009 Vibe has 42,000 miles. Bought it used a year ago -- most advertised seem to be rentals but this was a local individual's car. The GT model has good but somewhat noisy accelleration, but it has helped me steer out of a couple of tight spots on interstates, getting around semis with ease. The interior is very comfortable with controls in easy reach. I've never cared about sunroofs but the Vibe's is very smooth. MPG is about the same as with my old Chevy Prizm for a vehicle that has many more features. The Toyota Matrix is a twin and still being built. Vibes were redesigned in 2009-10 with a lot of standard safety features like stability and traction control. I would certainly seek these out first. Since it has a Pontiac badge, the resale price doesn't seem great. I got my mine for less than the minimum blue book price. It remains a solid vehicle and a pleasure for me to drive. Its cargo space is huge and very useful. The only caution is be very aware that it has thick pillars that eat up a lot of the rear-view mirror's view. Get used to using your side mirrors and you will be OK. Reliability is reported as top notch and I have had no issues.

Best Deal for your money

by Mechanic from New Orleans,LA. on Thu Feb 03 2011

After owning numerous cars over 40yrs,I find this GT Vibe one of the most fun cars to drive.It has a sports car feel and plenty of power if needed, the 5sp trans,drops RPM down at crusing speed giving me over 30 MPG.Brakes have excellent stopping power and very smooth feel.The best radio system too.You dont have to worry about changing the timing belt,since this toyota 2.4 engine uses a timing chain.Plus plenty of interior room for my 3 dogs and gear.Priced lower than other cars in the same class & I like the Cool body Style, go for the GT.

My second Vibe!

by seb0168 from Denver, CO on Fri Dec 18 2015

I have had a 2009 Vibe GT for 2.5 years now. I bought it after four years of owning a 2003 base Vibe (I wrecked it). That's almost 7 years of driving a Vibe! I have very few complaints about this car. The GT is superior to the base Vibe, although I loved the base Vibe too. The subwoofer in the GT is beefy. The car handles very well and has great power. My only compliant is that the car doesn't respond as quickly or accelerate as well at the higher altitude here in Colorado. I miss my super speedy engine I had at sea level. The low profile tires also do poorly on snow (I haven't tried snow tires) and the low body kit makes ground clearance difficult at times. Other than that this car is solid. I've put 40K miles on it in 2.5 years (that's a lot of road trips) and it's done beautifully. My 2003 Vibe never had any issues even at high mileage. If I hadn't of wrecked it at 170K miles it'd still be going strong. I hardly have to do any maintenance to my GT. It's at 114K miles and running strong. I know this car will run well far after the loan is paid off.

safety first

by Father of 4 from Long Island on Mon Feb 22 2010

Car has every safety feature a dad could want for his son. Can also haul a lot from the Home Fix it stores. Highway mileage is actually better than the 32 mpg, probably closer to 35mpg if you go the speed limit. On star is an asset, though because of the Toyota heritage in the Vibe, you do not get the free monthly diagnostic checks. Linking cell phone thru on star is added safety. XM and CD/ MP3 and aux jack add to a young drivers delight. 1.5 years and 20k later and just a few oil changes, which Pontiac did for free. Only drawback is that the 2009 model lost the separate opening rear hatch window, and big blind spots due to ridiculously small porthole of a window on the rear pillar. Overall, this car was a winner for Pontiac. Too bad they never promoted it the right way.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2009 Pontiac Vibe

It's amazing how quickly things can change in the car world. It wasn't long ago that SUVs were the statement of choice for American drivers, but now, with the rapid rise of gas prices, they've gone from being coveted to being shunned. Smaller is better these days, and the hatchback segment in particular is experiencing a resurgence. All of this makes Pontiac's redesign of its Vibe for the 2009 model year look very smart.

The Vibe is particularly well-positioned for buyers who want to wean themselves off their SUV addiction. It offers enough room for a family of four and their belongings, and is available with all-wheel drive — a must-have feature for some drivers. Aside from a few shortcomings in... Read More