2008 Porsche Boxster consumer reviews

side view of 2008 Boxster Porsche
Explore the 2008 Porsche Boxster
Shop the 2008 Porsche Boxster

What can I say....FUN!!

The Boxster is the most fun I have had driving in a long time. Have owned many vehicles in my life and this is one of my favorites. Like everyone says the handling, braking and overall joy of driving are unmatched in a Porsche. Yes the maintenance is pricey but well worth it. My car is base Boxster with low mileage (14k) and has enough power to keep things interesting.

FINEST CAR EVER

I've enjoyed this 2008 Boxster more than any car I've ever owned. You want to buy one with real LEATHER SPORT SEATS! IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! This Porsche is AWESOME in EVERYWAY! BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED! I'VE OWNED CORVETTE'S, M.BENZ SLK 350 AND THE BOXSTER IS BY FAR THE BEST SPORTS CAR! I LOVE TO DRIVE IT, IT'S COMFORTABLE, FAST, AND FUN!

2.9

terrible engineering

I bought a base Boxster from TomWood Porsche in January of '14 and the motor failed catastrophically 88 days later. I'm devastated, but not completely surprised, given its history. The car was always maintained at the dealer, never abused, and has no history of any red-lines. How would you rate it?

Porsche Lady

Classy, classy car -- a real one of a kind. Love the limited edition -- makes it unique! Fun to drive -- love the sound!

Porshe Boxster

the car is so beutiful, runs fast and tight. Catch myself just staring at it when it is parked. Looks like a muscle.

The best entry into the sports car category

There's very little that's not to like about a Boxster. It looks great. Drives great. It's practical. You won't believe what you can fit in the front and back trunklets. You can put the top down. It's quiet on the highway with the roof up. And it has that signature Porsche soundtrack right behind your seats. The standard suspension is very firm, which is great! But if you live in a state with poor roads it might dampen (see what i did there) the fun a little bit. Look for a model with PASM in that case, especially if it's going to be your daily driver. -- Otherwise stick with the standard suspension. A Porsche is expensive, there's no way around it. However finding a quality used one isn't all that hard. Just always keep in mind that you may have repairs. Even a set of simple brake pads is expensive on those German cars. Other than that. It's like the old advertising slogan says: There's no substitute.

2008 Boxster

I have had three Boxsters and the 2008 was the best of the three (1999 and 2002). I highly recommend the 2008 Boxster. The only thing negative would be the road noise but you except that in a convertible. For the money it is the best value around.

Most fun car I've owned

I jsut purschsed my 2008 Boxster S from a meticulous owner in Maryland. I drove it home from MD to MA and it was the most enjoyable longdistance drive I've ever had.

4.3

Great car

My 2008 base Boxster 2.7 l is a great car. Handles like a go kart with lots of power. Like taking a vacation every time I take it out of the garage. Plenty of power and corners like nothing else.

Best handling sports car I've ever driven

This vehicle is the best of both worlds. It cruises with the top down and nice creature features for the long weekend getaways. But when you are ready to rumble, switch on the sport mode and enjoy the superb acceleration and improved handling. This car easily takes 25mph corners @55 without even struggling. This inspires great confidence and is a blast to drive.