2013 Porsche Boxster consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Boxster Porsche
Explore the 2013 Porsche Boxster
Shop the 2013 Porsche Boxster

Best Driving Car I have Owned

Great handling, love the engine sound, a little pricey with options. My first Porsche, after a couple of BMWs and an Audi. Glad I went with the Boxter.

Boxster S, excellent choice, sir.

Purchased a slightly used 2013 Boxster S. Found the car on the internet and traveled out of state to complete the transaction. Extremely pleased with the car. Numerous pricey options including the sport chrono package, heated and cooled seats, leather package, 14 way adjustable sport seats, the navigation package and the Bose sound system. Power, handling, acceleration and exhaust sound are wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about the new electric steering, the difference is very minor from my 2009 Boxster S. At this price point you want the right color and options. I found mine and paid a premium for falling in love. However, no regrets, this is my dream car. The drive is like magic and I look for excuses to take it out. It will be a long winter waiting for the skies to clear again and get it out of the garage.

Incredible!

An absolutely brilliant car! You won't be disappointed. Pros: Stunning looks. Speed. Handling. Reliable. Supercar performance for tens of thousands less. Excellent fit and finish. Cons: Options are pricey. Needs a little more low-end torque.

Best Boxster

I moved from an 02 Boxster to a '13 Boxster S. I loved the old car but this one is amazing. I didn't think I wanted the PDK transmission but after driving it for a while, I really like it. It Sport Plus mode, it works just like a standard for track days. This thing is almost scary fast compared to my old one. I did not opt for the performance exhaust. It sounds good but all indications are, there is no 'performance' in the performance exhaust, just noise. The ride is overall pretty comfortable. It is a sports car so don't expect it to ride like a limo. The 20 inch wheels make for a bit firmer ride as well. The seats have great support. Love the styling both inside and out. In Washington State we are required to have a front plate and if you need one, I recommend getting one that installs in the knock out for the tow hook instead of the standard drill into the front bumper setup. The instrumentation is great and I highly recommend the multi function steering wheel. It is not standard but gives you finger tip access to the multifunction display, volume control, etc. It doesn't take very many options to run the price up around 80k and that's the only reason I marked it down slightly in the value for the money category. Everyday things like voice command for the Bluetooth are an adder and a person would think if that's standard on a 20k Ford, why do I have to pay extra on a Porsche? Knock on wood but I don't know why Porsche gets bumped down on reliability. This is only my second one and I don't drive much more than 5k a year but I've never been afraid to get in it an drive it anywhere. Even my 02 was rock solid. Overall I would highly recommend this car to anyone who loves convertible sports cars. It's a 'cheaper' alternative to any 911 convertible variant and I think I like it better. It's a great everyday driver if you are so inclined, yet can be right at home on the track with no modification. And still give you almost 30 mpg on the highway. Well done Porsche.

Blue

It has four wheels. It's fast and it's blue. What more could you want? I mean seriously. It's blue. Don't forget.

4.4

my first Porsche

As soon as I walked into the showroom I was hooked. The lines of this car are exceptional. A street legal racecar. After purchase I continue to be impressed. Acceleration is thrilling andbrakeing is great. The option list is long and very expensive, most of witch only add to the uniqueness of your car but not much to the actual driveability. The two trunks are large enough for an extended trip without 2 sets of golf clubs. Sound system very well done. Top down in under 15 sec. make sure you allow the tires to warm up or the noise level will seem excessive. After that only the melodic exhaust system can be heard, You won't see one every time you turn around.

Awesome car, super fun and great quality

Have done European Delivery of a 981S (PDK, SC, PASM, PTV etc). Drove 2800 miles in less than 2 weeks. It was great fun. The car was as much fun to drive in the hairpin curves of Stelvio pass as it was a comfortable roadtrip car to drive 600 miles in a day on German highways and B roads (with 2 people and their luggage). Exterior and interior design is much improved. Build quality seems great too, although after 2 weeks it is hard to tell anything about long-term reliability. We drove it on the German Autobahn where it was very stable even at high speeds and with open top. We drove it in the alps and the way it went around the curves was phenomenal. We drove it hard and it sounds awesome, we cruised through city commute hour and it was docile and frugal with Auto Start/stop. Only drawback is that a lot of useful/cool things are options that add quickly to the price. But even a base MT Boxster with no extras is a great car. And your smiles per miles are the highest of any car below $100k! And more than for most above that limit too!

Factory Delivery

I picked up my 2013 Boxster in Stuttgart doing the factory delivery. What an incredible experience and factory tour. The best part was the experience of driving my car on German & Austrian roads for 2 weeks. This is a truly exceptional car. Incredibly fun to drive. Handles like a dream, steering extremely precise. Lots of luggage room for a 2 week trip for my partner & I. (I prefit the luggage at my dealer back home to make sure it would fit properly!) The most surprising thing was how comfortable the car was. After the occasional 7-8 hour trip in the boxster, we got out feeling refreshed and relaxed. Seats are very comfortable & supportive. The engine sounds incredible. When hard in the gas, it delivers an incredible sound, but while cruising at highway speeds (up to 215km/hr!), the engine sings along quietly. I can't wait for my vehicle to make the 5 week trek to North America to my dealership!

1.6

130yrs later

You would think that after more than 100yrs of auto making world wide the old adage "German engineering" would mean something. It means the Boxter is still too expensive for what it is and unreliable. The engine and tranny still prone to failure. I've owned the '97, and the 2002 both are garbage. My best buy was the 356a, easy to fix, ran like a top.

3rd Boxster

This is the 3rd Boxster we have owned - one of each generation. We have 1000 miles on this one with a combination of highway and in town driving. This is the best so far in terms of handling, ride comfort, and interior roominess. The additional wheel base and the PDK transmission combine for a really great ride and response. Really like the new styling as well especially the rear styling. Only mark down from 5 stars is on value for money. The new increase in MSRP takes this car further from its' competition than before. Overall, though, we love it and are glad to have it.