2006 Saab 9-3 consumer reviews

$25,900 starting MSRP
side view of 2006 9-3 Saab
Explore the 2006 Saab 9-3

Most reliable car I have ever owned

This car was amazing. It lasted 12 years and 190,000 miles before a tree landed on it and it needed too many repairs. Over those 12 years is only needed an alternator and a seat rip repaired, that is it. The car was excellent as it handled well, it got great gas mileage (averaged 26 mpg in the suburbs, 35 or 36 mpg on the highway), and had nice acceleration with minimal turbo lag. The fact is was so durable made you overlook to some degree the unusual controls. The turn stalk felt flimsy like you could break it easily but over all those years nothing went wrong with it. The key is in the center but that was fine and Saab claimed they did it so you would not hit it with your knee in a car accident, and break your kneecap. This car even had one USB port even though it was a little before its time. The heads-up display worked well. Even though the car was badly damaged by the tree as I had to go off road and damaged the underside of my car badly, my mechanic bought it from me, fixed it, and sold it to a college student. Now it is 13 years old and has over 200,000 miles on the original powertrain. If that is not durable I don't know what is. No car I have owned has lasted as long as that one - not Toyota, not Honda. They also have lasted a long time but the transmissions on both of them died by 160,000 miles for the Toyota, by 140,000 on the Honda. If I could buy a relatively new one again I would but of course I cannot as they are no longer in business. Too bad, despite their quirks, they were durable, reliable, efficient cars.

love the 9-3

I have had this 2006 9-3 for 11 years and has never once failed me. The turbo allows for performance yet i about get 30 MPG.

4.1

Absolutely love this car

First vehicle I?ve owned and have had no issues great gas mileage for the power you get great in the snow with decent all season tires and extremely comfortable seats

Exciting car with a great drive

It is the perfect car for the European feel without speeding a fortune. It is fast, reliable and safe. I have had no issues with my Saab, regular maintenance is all you need.

3.9

Very trustworthy car

Very fun car to drive. Safe on any hillside streets and highways. Never needed much mechanical work and was very reliable for me. Gasoline mileage was a big factor in keeping as it was awesome.

4.1

Really enjoyed this car

It is fun to drive especially when you put the top down. The heated electric seats are great to have. The car drives and handles great

The best car i?ve owned

Great performance good gas mileage Fast,reliable very comfortable seat?s The best sport sedan I?ve owned The four cylinder small engine has more power than ford suw

4.4

Fun and Comfortable ride

The car actually exceeded my expectations. Such a smooth ride and the convertible makes it fun and sporty. Sleek body allows for a quick pick up when you hit the open road. Awesome!

Best car i ever owned

I loved the Saab. I had it for 100k miles, never gave me an issue. Excellent performance, fast, reliable, super comfy seats. It's a shame they don't make them anymore.

3.9

Loved This Unique Car

My favorite thing about a Saab is that it stands out in a parking lot, but not in a show-offy way, but as a conversation piece. It makes people smile. The body style of this one is my favorite of all the 900s/9-3s. I love the blend of sport and luxury. It drives great, and even if it's a little tricky to find solid service, it's well worth it.