2006 Saab 9 3

Best 9-3 to this day!!!

by from Denver, CO on September 18, 2017

The interior is immacculate and it serves well for the reach of the driver. Some others I have noticed one must place the hand in a weird or awkward position to use button and not very ergonomically desegned. Not so with SAABs. This car is a SAAB 9-3 Aero and it is the best 9-3 to date. They are coming back as NEVS (National Electric Vehicle Sweden) and yet this 2006 has some incredible drive, horse power, excelent handling and a turbo charged engine that always wants more! I personally own a 2007 and like it better because it meets more of my needs then the 06 but I drove the 06 and understood that it had better acceleration. I will not change it as I love my 07 and since in 06 they did not have the GPS sistem in the cars yet and a few other things that is why I keep my 07 Aero. It drives like a Cadillac and stings like a Ferrarri. If you like 4 door European sports sedans, I highly recommend this SAAB 9-3 Aero. Any year is fine. Look at a few and find your nitch. Thanks for the read! SAAB enthusias... not a SAAB driver. Us owners of SAABs are different then the rest of all other brand names I think! Just a humble opinion from a humble SAAB enthusiast who has had 3 SAABs in his life time.
Not Rated Reliability

great car its in great shape

by on September 15, 2017

The saab is a sweet ride it drives great an handles great too if yo are looking for a nice used car I would say this for you. They also have more used cars that are sweet. If you are shopping for a used car you really need to check out Hanes tire an auto sales they have top names of cars an they are very clean an up to date on maintenance. great people to deal with honest an truthful the way anyone would want from a dealer.
Not Rated Reliability

Reliable car

by from Monroe NC on September 2, 2017

Was a great car decent gas mileage with amazing performance for a stock turbo car. Loved the interior and the comfort you get from it.

at car for the money

by from Portland, Oregon on August 15, 2017

Excellent car that is comfortable, safe, fast, and reliable. It's a shame GM killed Saab. This is a car that has been very reliable in ice, rain, snow, and summer fun. I have almost 100,000 miles on mine and I have not had to do any major repairs.

Amazing Car

by from CT on July 25, 2017

2006 Saab 93 Aero. Looks better than almost any other car on the road, all the performance you will ever need on the street and amazing handling.

Love this car and it will love you back

by from California on June 17, 2017

At first glance, it is apparent that this car is different from many others on the road. While the company has a bad rep due to it's going out of business, SAAB cars are designed to be a joy for the driver. Anyone that I have let drive my car agrees with me that it is fun, sleek, and comfortable. Purchased used and runs like any beamer you can find today, but at a much lower price and a much cooler design.

Engineers thought too much when designed.

by from Essex Junction, VT on May 15, 2017

Great looking car with a great basic design. The AERO is a step below the sports car the way it is electric shifted, though plenty of quick power and sure handling. Personally don't need things done for me such as the auto delay wipers, auto climate, auto dimmer rear view mirror... that doesn't dim well, I prefer my settings of things. Looking forward to the SAAB electric car.

Most trust I've had in a car.

by from on May 2, 2017

This vehicle has got me from place to place without a problem and starts up every time without a problem. It's a great car and still has more potential in it.

Most reliable and economical car I have ever owned

by from Wilton, CT on April 3, 2016

Bought the car new May 2006 with 6 miles on the odometer. Today, after 9 years and 10 months just passed 141,000. The car was before its time. They had turbos well before they became popular with the mainstream manufacturers these last 5 years. They drive on regular and still can go from 0 to 60 mph in about 8.5 seconds (7.9 seconds if I put premium in). Although some complain about the GM parts bin I actually like it because it introduced reliability to Saabs. Over the last nearly 10 years I replaced the alternator at 70,000 as the battery went dead every three years (fixed the problem) and recently replaced the heat/ac blower motor and power steering pump. Total cost of all three repairs over the life of the car - just under $1000. Otherwise just regular maintenance and taking care of it. The handling for a front wheel drive car is fantastic, and I can keep up with BMWs in the curves. Imagine the owner's shock when a mundane Saab keeps up with them. It is fun to drive. The ride is a little harder than most other sedans because ride takes a backseat to handling, but it does not disturb my family and my kids still fall asleep at night in the back seat. Gas mileage has been great as well. On a recent 500 mile round trip between CT and Boston, MA, I averaged 36 mpg cruising on the highway between 70 and 60 mph. In CT traffic I tend to get as low as 24 mpg and usually average 27-28 mpg. I keep thinking I will need to get a new car but everyone tells me if I keep taking care of it the GM version of this car does last a very long time - at least 200,000. Probably will have to buy a new car in a few years but when I do, I can only hope it is as economical, fun to drive, and reliable as this car has been.

Love This Car

by from Oroville, ca on February 24, 2016

I have only owned this car for 1 1/2 weeks and so far I love it. I bought it used and it was having a stereo issue but my husband and I repaired it in 10 min with a you tube video. It has a lot of speed, and is so fun to drive

Our Expert Review: 2006 Saab 9 3