2007 9-3

2007 Saab 9-3

2007 Saab 9-3

4.5

Have You Driven the 2007 Saab 9-3?

A Standout From The Crowd Convertible

by Driver Of Understated Cars from Wilmington, DE on Fri Oct 19 2018

I have a 94 Cutlass Convert w/ only 80k that will be 25yrs old in 2019. I wanted to set her aside as they are becoming rare and wanted another convert to enjoy. Knew I didn't want the boring Solara or Sebring & the "see them everywhere" Audi or BMW. That left VW, Volvo, & Saab (didn't want a Camaro, Mustang kinda convert). The VW was a bit too small, the hardtop Volvo was a bit pricey (and I already own an S80 AWD which I love as well) , so that left the Saab & it didn't bother me that it was no longer in production (parts are available for it & I have 2 good Volvo/Saab mechanics). Did a little research & found the 04 & newer models road better & had less chassis flex than the previous years. The Saab is stylish, you don't see them all over the place, & people still stare in amazement when I lower the top with the remote while walking to my car!!! On top of that, you still have a useable trunk even with the top down!!! So find a well maintained one & enjoy the ride!!!

Awesome car my SAAB 9-3

by saablover07 from FL on Fri Jul 09 2010

I can't say enough about my 2007 9-3 saab. It has 30,000 miles and I have had it over 2 /2 years and I love it like the first day I got it. At work, I park it so I can see it out the window when I am in the halls and when I stretch my legs in the parking lot I just stare at it. Obsessed, yes! They are just so unique looking and looks nice and sporty. It is not an aero so the pick up isn't the best, it is good enough though, but it is so smooth when it switches gears. The interior is also eye pleasing and I love the dash and the little quirky saab only features. I have only had 2 problems, the first was a bad gas pump which left me stranded when I first got it, but they were great about fixing it quick and the lining around the back window is falling apart on the outside, FL sun I presume is the culprit, but only cosmetic. SO I am completely happy with my 9-3 and SO happy some one bought them from GM so that SAAB can live on and I can purchase another.

INCREDIBLE SAAB

by Great Mazda 6 from Denver, CO on Thu Jun 21 2018

I test drove this car and will purchase it in the next few days. I have put money down already. Car is clean, drives like a quiet beast and on HW when you accelerate it asks for more like a fine horse! It has power like few cars on the road. It drives quiet, is incredibly comfortable and it is almost as soft driving as a Cadillac. Controls are very well placed and designed thinking of the driver. The ignition is on the floor between front seats for comfort and safety reasons. In accidents key will not insert in drivers knee. ALL SAABS are special cars as they are a different kind of engineering type and are very, very safe!!! It will be the 3rd SAAB I own. I drive in the state of Independence!

Best convertible

by Topless in Chicago from Chicago on Mon May 10 2010

High quality, best safety rating makes my 2007 93 Aero not only a blast to drive but practical. I've fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk with the top down. The 2.8 6 cylinder engine has tons of torque for strong performance through out all speeds and all gears (I have the 6 speed manual). Features galore including rear parking sensors, rain sensing wipers and gorgeous leather seating put this car in good company. Front wheel drive allows this vehicle to be a true all weather convertible and I never fail to get "nice car" comments.

Most legant, reliable car I have driven.. EVER!!!

by PegasusPhoenix from Denver, CO on Wed May 03 2017

It is incredibly reliable and a great car with amazing power and MPGs are surprising for the power the engine has! Very classy and nothing to envy from any other classy European sports sedans of its kind such as Audi A 4, Mercedes Benz C class, BMW 3 series, Volvo S 60, Volkswagen Passat, Jaguar S Type, etc. It has a great kick when one needs the power and it rides like a Cadillac! Incredibly fun to drive! Once you own a SAAB, 9 out of 10 people will never change! It is odd but none the less I am sure it is true!

Great car so far

by northwesterner from Northwest on Tue Jul 23 2013

Aero Sportcombi stage 0 vtuned; have had the car for a year and it's been a great car so far. Great handling, fantastic acceleration (v-tune has been reliable so far although the front tires can't handle the amount of torque (~360lb-ft)) awesome convinience with the sportcombi. There's really not much to dislike besides the gas mileage. I get about 17mpg city/26mpg highway. I tend to average around 19-20, about two less during the winter time. Currently, these cars are a steal and the parts aren't difficult to replace since most are GM; I would jump on one if you can find one in great shape.

Sports Sedan for Family Sedan Money

by First Time Saab Owner from Berks County, PA on Tue Nov 03 2009

When it was time to replace my VW Jetta, I was able to step up to a 2007 9-3 2.0T. At the time, the interior had just been revised, a $4000 rebate from GM was on, and Saab's 60th anniversary options package put together many desirable features at a discount. I was able to find a silver, relatively rare, 6-speed manual transmission model with the cold weather and 60th anniversary options package on a local dealer's lot. It was better equipped and cheaper (with equivalent options) than any of the cars for which I was cross shopping (VW 2.0 Passat, Nissan Altima 3.5, Mazdaspeed 6). The car is really comfortable for family trips and the handling is amusing on the back roads I take to commute to work. The turbo makes getting on the highway easy and 25-50 mph passing is a breeze. Lay off the throttle and fuel economy is in the low to mid 20's around town, rising to the low 30's on highway trips. Pick-up from a standstill is not great unless you really rev up the engine and slip the clutch. The exterior styling is great, except for the excessively long front overhang that is easily scraped on driveways. I love the special edition leather power/heated seats and 6-CD Bose sound system. I do not like the "all lights on all the time" daytime running lights "safety feature". They come on as soon as you move the key to the start position. I've replaced several exterior bulbs already. As some reviewers have mentioned, not all of the interior plastics are world-class (the interior door handle creaks every time you open the door). The doors do make a reassuring thunk when you close them though, and the crash test results were very good for a car of it's size. I have driven over 22,000 miles so far from new and have had no major issues with it. At an early scheduled maintenance visit, an engine management software update was done. I also had to have warranty work done to replace both front door power window regulators (guides/motor assemblies) because they started making a lot of noise when raising/lowering the windows. Overall, I've been very pleased. It was the least expensive car in it's class at the time with the most features I appreciated. It's a shame GM couldn't hold onto this brand. These are very good cars that were not marketed very well.

Value for money, nothing beats a 9-3 Aero

by jcarz7 from Bridgeport, Connecticut on Wed Jun 21 2017

If you're looking for a 250hp sport sedan, a 9-3 aero is the best for the money. Powerful 2.8t engine and a sporty yet comfortable suspension. Just make sure to change the oil very frequently and use 93 gas.

Saab 9-3 2.0 T Convertible

by Saaboski from Verona on Wed Mar 17 2010

Haven't had the car long. I bought it used from a Chevy dealer in PA. Car ride's really smooth, plenty of torque. Have to say it is luxurious and sporty. Seats are parchment with grey rugs and a black dashboard. Really nice interior overall. The exterior is white. Not my favorite color. The decision was made on how it rode and the price! Drove 3 saab convertible's before buying this one. Wish I could of purchased the Aero version. That was another $4,500.00 more than this car.

Hot little convertible

by mom of 2 from Chicago, IL on Tue Jul 12 2011

Bought my 07 two years ago with 28,000 miles. I have the white aero convertible and I love it. Much more comfortable than the audi or BMW convertibles I test drove. Con: I am short, and the seat height adjustment is just barely ok for me. The transmission started slipping at 60,000 miles. Fortunately our local dealer honored the power train guarantee and gave us a brand new trans at no cost. The car rides beautifully now with absolutely no problems. The dealer said they had never replaced a trans in a Saab before. Driving this car on the highway is so much fun it's almost a sin.

Our Take on the 2007 Saab 9-3

If the automakers were completely honest about how they market the vehicles they’ve designated as “crossovers,” they would instead be calling them either minivans or wagons.

So if the Swedish automaker Saab were to present its 9-3 SportCombi as one of the new breed of crossover utility vehicles, it would be hard for someone to argue against such a designation.

That’s because the SportCombi is as much a crossover as, say, the Nissan Murano, Infiniti FX, Chrysler Pacifica or Dodge Magnum, to name a few.

Calling it a crossover would put it on the list of those trendy new family haulers that are rapidly replacing the standard sport utility vehicle that ruled suburban driveways... Read More