2002 Subaru Outback

Great car in the snow

by from Boston, MA on August 5, 2017

Living in boston with AWD is almost a necessity, my '02 Outback was fantastic in the snow, If I hadn't already hit 200k on it and the head gasket wasn't going I would still have it.

This car will run forever like all Subarus

by from Toms River, NewJersey on July 6, 2017

Great in all weather. Very reliable and very comfortable. As safe as can be foe the year. Boxer engine just like a german example. Al wheel drive just like an Audi

This car was an outstanding choice for me.

by from Colorado Springs, CO on March 30, 2017

This car isn't for everyone, but was a fantastic choice for me. The winter weather performance is amazing. I have the H6 Sedan and I live the smooth, quiet power. It is best above 4000rpm! I can easily take 4 adults in decent comfort and excellent safety. Upkeep cost is extremely low for me with normal expenses like tires, oil, spark plugs, bulbs, belts, and filters. I am able to take care of almost everything myself. I had the driver's seat foam replaced by an upholstery shop at 180k miles and I made a big difference. Highway driving comes with a little bit of wind noise, like all Subarus, but when off-road or in winter driving conditions, this thing is excellent. The visibility is my favorite feature from the interior and the exterior my favorite feature is the contrast of paint color from top to bottom panels.

Carmart South Knoxville Oct 2015

by from Maryville, TN on November 5, 2015

I think it was the most enjoyable time buying a car. Julie Hazzard, the sales person was such a pleasure to talk to, let me look at the cars and test drive, the mechanic was there that checked out the car. Clean and good ride for the price I paid. Bought this car at Carmart South in Knoxville, TN

Sturdy, reliable, a few issues

by from Atlanta, GA on December 2, 2013

Have owned my 2002 Impreza Outback Sport from new (12 years). Very reliable, solid ride, maybe a bit lacking in the looks department. Surprising amount of road noise for highway driving. Has required some more expensive maintenance over the last few years, despite only doing 90,000 miles (engine seals replaced, couple of AC overhauls, new catalytic converter). However, mainly in-city driving in the humid south, not its prime market! AWD makes it fabulous in rain or on mud (it also got used for trucking stuff around in my gardening business for a while). Came out well from a minor shunt. Regular trunk space a bit limited, but can get huge amounts in with back seats folded down. My gripes would be that the A/C has never been quick or particularly cold, fuel economy isn't great (about 21-2 mpg in the city, 25 highway), rust spots starting to appear on roof. Gray interior trim shows every mark, rear passenger space a bit tight. Despite this, great little car, and resale value still looks good.

It has Made Me Love Subarus

by from Boulder, CO on September 5, 2013

I bought this car about a year ago from a private seller, and I am absolutely in love with it. Its a small car, so its not to good for tall people but since I'm short its a rather comfortable ride. The interior has a classic style to it, but rich in grey shades that give its a very stylish look. Its decently fast but can haul up a mountain like a beast! I use this thing to go hiking and camping all the time. (lives in Boulder Colorado.) Its safe, a good ride and has a beauty engine purr to it. (that sound me me love Subarus) Highly recommend, Mines going strong at 145,000K. Just need to re-charge the A.C.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Literally just saved my life

by from Cullman, Alabama on September 10, 2012

About 2 hours ago i rolled this car 7 times on the interstate at 80 mph. The opinion of myself, the emts, and the state trooper that was part of the wreck said they have never seen a car this "whole" after an accident like that. And said that in twenty years have never ever seen someone get out and able to help traffic control after something like that. i am looking on website to buy the exact same car. i will let subaru save my life over and over.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

I loved this car

by from Denver, CO on August 29, 2012

I was recently in a very bad accident i was hit in the side by an suv going 50 the car was totaled but the thing saved my life! The doctors said it would've been much worse if i hadn't been in such an amazing car! This car took the impact like a champ i mean this thing is a tank, this car took some serious impact. its so safe and it looks amazing so much room in the front seat and i loved this car i will be getting another one with the money i receive from my insurance! this car is amazing!

Outback H6:3.0 (LL Bean)

by from Hermosa Beach on February 1, 2012

This is my second Soob. Had an '87 back in the day. Love the utility of this wagon. Just moved and it was a workhorse. The H6 is highly recommended. More guts and very smooth on road trips. My only gripe is gas mileage - which around town is surprisingly low.

Long lasting

by from desert hot springs,calif on October 25, 2011

Subarus are the most relaible cars i've owned. I have 2 outbacks, one with 206k and one with 148k, and the resale value is still high on both.