2016 Outback

2016 Subaru Outback

2016 Subaru Outback

Have You Driven the 2016 Subaru Outback?

Buying a 2016 Outback

by Ralph from Menomonee Falls, WI on Wed Nov 11 2015

We brought our Outback at Sommer's in Mequon, WI. This was the best experience we have had purchasing a new car. Outback is roomy and rides smoothly..

Happy Outback owner

by Jazzy Cal Gal from Modesto, CA on Tue Jan 19 2016

I've had the car a few weeks now, and I read the manual whenever I was trying to figure things out and found it easy to operate the different functions. I just had the best weekend adventure in a long time in my brand new Outback 2.5i Premium. It took under $40 to fill the tank up, and drove over 500 miles on that single tank! Love the mileage I am getting now. The car performed flawlessly in all kinds of driving conditions that I encountered along the way. It is roomy and extremely comfortable, even after long hours of driving. It handled it's first road trip so well, I am looking forward to many more in the years to come. I couldn't ask for a better handling, well built, and safer car. From all that I've seen, Subaru really stands behind their vehicles. I'm so glad I made this purchase.

Big Guy Car

by BigGuy from Seattle Area on Fri May 13 2016

I'm 6'5". I wanted a four wheel drive vehicle that was peppy stylish and fit. I'm pretty sure I checked all the pick up trucks and major brand SUV's. This vehicle fit the best. Comfortable seats and enough head room that I can wear a hat and not touch the roof. I got the 36R fully loaded. Goes like a bomb, more comfortable and better equiped than my previous Cadillac. Totally thrilled.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Unquestionably reliable

by Medfica from Exeter, NH on Sat Sep 09 2017

This is the best car I've ever owned. It's features and interior comfort are perfection. Every detail is perfectly suited to the driver. Passengers have raved as well. Eyesight, lane keep assist and automatic breaking have not been glitchy at all so far. Exterior has been great. Installed a trailer hitch and it has done well. Roof rack is versatile. Only small regret is that I wish I had bought the V6 to haul more payload, but that's something easily worked around for the few times I need to do that. If you're hauling regularly, I'd recommend the bigger engine. But the 4-cylinder boxer engine has plenty of kick for normal day-to-day driving. Accelerates quickly when needed and is quiet and reliable. All Wheel Drive has been a must for this New England family. Subaru makes AWD standard on all of its vehicles, so they are the experts at getting it right. Thanks It is impeccable in the snow.

Love my Subaru

by J. R. from Upstate, NY on Sat May 21 2016

At first I was a bit apprehensive about the Subaru Outback. It came highly recommended from a relative, and after driving it for about twenty minutes, I knew I had to have it. It is by no means a race car, but the 4 cylinder engine is surprisingly peppy and quiet. The fuel economy is excellent, but the thing that won me over is the interior leg room. In most vehicles I've owned, the interior comfort was always an issue. Not so in this car. I can sit comfortably with my legs almost fully extended. It is not the limited edition, but it is lacking in the things I normally wouldn't want anyway, like a power moon roof, DVD player, etc. Bottom line: It is a pleasure to drive, comfortable, and after all, aren't those the most important things?

Current Rating of auto

by Family Driver from Florida on Fri Jun 24 2016

I presently have about 600 miles on the car which I bought used with 142 miles and one week old due to dislike of interior black color by former owner. So far the car has performed well, rides well, and is providing the quality Subaru is rated for. I hope this will prove to continue as I make a planned trip to NJ in July. I wish it had the sensor for stopping car if driver is distracted and traffic stops. All other safety features are superb.

Upgraded to a 2016 OutbacK Ltd.

by NLCT storm Spotter from New London on Fri Mar 10 2017

This 2016 Subaru is the fourth one i`ve owned. The engine redesign makes it a little easier to change the oil than before. I have had this car two weeks now put on around 600 miles and on my first tank (444miles) got 25.67mpg. The Outback rides quieter than the older models and handles quite well. The one downside is the tires. The OEM` s not so good, i wish they were Continetal Tires Eco plus or General Tire ALTIMAX? RT43 much better tires for such a good handling car. I would also reccomend if you do your own Oil changes like i do use,Pennzoil Ultra Platinum? Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20 and Bosh or Mobil I synthetic Oil filters to get best performace and protection for your engine. Net Net if you live in a area that gets snow i highly reccomend any Subaru , but the Outback just gives you better ground clearence and fun to drive quotient then it siblings with decent gas mileage.

Very Average

by Subaru from on Mon May 29 2017

interior comfort is excellent. braking is excellent. engine is a little loud. Steering could be more responsive. Overall a good car and very reliable.

Superior Safety and Dependable Ride

by Dependable, Value Car from Winchester, VA on Wed Sep 23 2015

I bought this car to travel safely no matter how bad the weather gets, and to get some of those interior 'extras' too. The Subaru Outback delivers!

Sabaru is almost great

by Practical Lar from Bluffton, SC on Sun Feb 21 2016

I love the new car because of its road handling. The interior still needs a bit of work. The only negative is the gas mileage. Sabaru must do better.