2016 Outback

2016 Subaru Outback

2016 Subaru Outback

Have You Driven the 2016 Subaru Outback?

Best vehicle I have owned

by Mike V. from Redwood Falls, MN on Sun Jul 30 2017

My interest in a Subaru started with the "We Lived" advertising in early 2015. I am an older driver with safety, visibility, all wheel drive, and easy to understand controls most important. It has exceeded my expectations along with great fuel economy and outstanding function. After driving my Outback for almost two years, I wish I had given a Subaru a try many years earlier. Before I purchased my Outback, I asked owners how they liked their Outback, and not one person was unhappy with many drivers on their sixth or seventh Subaru product. I will not drive anything else.

Agile, road-worthy, reliable and economical!

by Wyojeb from Alcova, Wyoming on Tue Dec 11 2018

This is my fourth Subaru Outback in 20 years. I have owned my 2016 for three years now and over 84,000 miles. With the added visibility functions and alerts and the navigation system, I am near to having my perfect car!!!!!!!

best car iv'e owned in years

by Td the car nut from New Port Richey Florida on Fri Jan 25 2019

This Vehicle has done everything iv'e asked of it and has never let me down.To me the styling is excellant and interior is greatAll the conveinaces this Veh. has far exceeds my wants and needs

3rd Subaru but now Disappointed

by Junior D from Ottawa, Canada on Fri Jan 26 2018

My 2 previous Outback’s were phenomenal. This version of the 3.6 premium has 37,000 miles and have had the battery changed because it failed. The car has been recalled twice and now at 35,000 miles the car accelerates and jerks as if I were manually shifting gears. At about 1,500 rpms, the CVT performs very erratically and gear shifting is not smooth at all. Brought it in for correction and that did Not help at all.

Does not recommend this car!!

I feel secure in my Outback.

by Katydid from Cape Cod, MA on Thu Jan 03 2019

This car is superb in snow. I have to drive to a hospital for work and need a reliable vehicle. I have found comfort, ease of driving, and security in this SUV. I highly recommend it.

SUBARU - SAFETY FIRST!!!

by Sandie from Lakewood, WA on Wed Jul 26 2017

The safety features alert you of potential trouble and help you avoid it. The Outback has Blind-Spot Detection, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and EyeSight Driver Assist Technology with the all-new feature--Lane Keep Assist. I love driving my Subaru!

My first Subaru I have owned

by Greg’s Outback from Massachusetts on Wed May 30 2018

After having Toyota Rav 4 for 8 years I looked into a Outback! This is by far the safest car I have ever owned! It is like a Sherman tank in the winter and although it is a wagon it maintains 30MPG on the highway!

Good Car

by Ryan from Everett, WA on Tue Sep 22 2020

I drive a 2020 Subaru Outback for work and like it so much that I wanted to get one as a personal vehicle. Unfortunately I couldn't afford a brand new one but ended up getting the 2016 instead. It drives really well and is comfortable on longer trips.

1st review of my new car

by NM Guy from Albuquerque NM on Sat Jan 02 2016

So, I have had my new Outback for a couple of weeks now and love the car with a few exceptions. This car is comfortable and a dream to drive. Some reviews said the 2.5 was underpowered but I have not found that to be the case. My last car was a Civic Si so you would think I would miss the power but although no quite as quick it is does not feel majorly underpowered either and I'm loving the 26 mpg I have gotten in town so far. I only have a few small gripes that would not have prevented me from buying or loving this car. 1st is the fact that the doors to not lock when the car is put in gear or unlock when put in park. This makes the car seem a bit dated. 2nd integration of the phone into the infotainment system was a bit trying but once done the system is great. 3rd getting the car to respond to Starlink has been problematic. I have contacted Subaru and got a great response but no solution after a few days of communication with them.

Amazing vehicle

by Retired travellers from Suburban Atlanta, GA on Sat Oct 24 2015

We wanted to get a new car that could go on dirt and gravel roads that are not necessarily well-maintained, take us and a lot of stuff to places around the country and continent, and keep us safer than we would be on our own as we age. The AWD and high clearance deliver on the first point; the luxury features of the 2.5i Limited and the great cargo space (along with excellent [even heated!] rear seats for fellow travelers, give us the second; and the incredibly amazing Eyesight system with the adaptive cruise control and stay-in-the-lane warnings and corrective features give us the third! While all of the features can be manually turned off (some have to be turned on each time you restart, including the cruise control and the active steering control), it is probably best to just train yourself and any other drivers to turn them on every time you start up. With the back-up camera and side-mirror blindspot notification features plus these Eyesight-based capabilities, the car is capable of saving you from almost any accident, it would seem! We heard of someone who had a seizure while driving one, and awakened to find the car self-stopped short of a median barrier, safe and sound! We are loving it! The seats are not "lacking in support" but rather, if anything, a bit more stiff than I'd like; once fully adjusted in position, they are comfortable, though. It is not a super-quiet car like some, but compared to some CVT vehicles it is definitely quieter and more refined. Driving through the mountains, it feels very capable of taking the curves without losing control (almost sporty). I sincerely doubt that the roof rails will result in any buffeting by wind, as the Outback feels very solid in windy conditions. The roof rails also hide the fold-in crossbars, minimizing drag and mpg impact by keeping the rails out of the way when not in use...clever. The fog lights point in the direction of your turn to illuminate the area being approached. The rear seats can be adjusted to lean back if you want, and the rear cargo area has a retractable cover. So many features and details that have been included, all packed into a very safe (IIHS and US government ratings) car that is so practical and capable! Truly amazing!