2016 Outback

2016 Subaru Outback

2016 Subaru Outback

Have You Driven the 2016 Subaru Outback?

Subaru=Love

by LVP on Fri Jul 20 2018

Purchased our 2016 Subaru Outback new in 2016. This is by far our favorite vehicle (and we've owned a number of them over 37 years). Our Outback ticked all the boxes as far as safety, overall look, options and price. We will DEFINITELY look at Subaru again when it is time to replace our aging minivan. Loved it so much I took my boss for a test drive in mine and she ended up purchasing the same vehicle in a different color and absolutely loves hers as well.

Poor seat covers

by Seat issue from Royal Oak, MI on Mon Feb 13 2017

I have now had two separate seat covers separate at the seam. One on lower part of seat, second on upper part of the same seat. One with 800 miles, which was taken car of by the dealer. Now at 50000 miles the same seat has another separation at the seam. The dealer will not cover the repair. This seat with the issue is the front passenger seat. Usually I don't have anyone riding in the car with me. It is not a cut or puncher. The seam is actually coming apart, must have had poor stitching. I never thought seat covers would be made so poorly and very upset the dealer will not repair. Great car, but never thought I'd have to worry about the seats falling apart. The seat has been hardly ever used. Even more upset the dealer will not repair. I would not have bought this car if I knew seat covers did not last the age of the car under normal use!

Does not recommend this car!!

2nd Outback I've owned. This one for only a month

by CapnKirk from Atlanta, GA on Tue Mar 27 2018

I previously owned a 2013 with base engine, a bit underpowered in my opinion. This one with the larger engine is far superior in drivability, smoothness and power. Gas mileage took a little hit, of course. The safety features on the 2016 are excellent and a big improvement over the 2013. Adaptive speed control is amazing! I like the layout of the infotainment screen even better than in the 2018 Outback I test drove. Reliability of the 2013 was excellent, but I've only owned my '16 for a month, so the jury is still out on this one.

Love this car!

by madams23 from Indianapolis, IN on Wed May 23 2018

This is the car for people who want an SUV without driving a big boat. It's got 4 wheel drive, the clearance of a large SUV, TONS of legroom, great cargo capacity, built-in adjustable roof racks. It is made to get out there but is also small enough to maneuver easily in the city. Great gas mileage, very comfortable, lots of nice little extras like backup camera, programmable seats and tailgate, even lights on the side mirrors to light your way into the car in the dark! I absolutely love this car!

I was impressed!

by Dawn749 from Davison, MI on Mon Jul 16 2018

Handled very well. Quicker than I thought it would be. Definitely nicer interior then I imagined. Also a good amount of interior space. I test drove a Limited. More luxury then I expected.

A "Colorado Cadillac" in Phoenix

by Commuting Caregiver from Phoenix, Arizona on Fri Apr 13 2018

For a rough terrain vehicle, it drives surprisingly well in the city while providing comfort and some features of a luxury sedan. I frequently drive up the mountains toward Flagstaff, and this little dynamo has the 'get up and go' to climb to higher places. Great in the Valley of the Sun and great in the snowy mountains! As someone of shorter stature, I find it much easier to get in and out of than the full size SUV. When care-giving my 91 year old mother with spinal stenosis, I have found that she is able to get in and out easily....YAY! Though it was a financial burden to purchase a vehicle, it was a necessity as my 1997 Subaru Outback with 177k miles decided to retire before I did! No regrets making this purchase after spending 6 weeks test driving everything from a sedan to larger size SUVs.

Full technoloy package.

by Randy from Wife's Car. on Thu May 03 2018

Roomy comfortable car. Beautiful Metallic Titanium Paint with White Leather. Fun to drive. safe and reliable. Subaru "Eyesight" lane keeper. Collision prevention. Active Radar cruise control.

Sips the Gas

by GarrettFoCo from Fort Collins, CO on Mon Aug 21 2017

This car has a ton of utility: commuting, storage, and can even tow a decent sized trailer. It has great fuel economy for both in-town and highway driving. The only thing I dislike is that the cabin is more noisy than I like but it's not something that would make me regret getting the Outback.

A good choice to check out.

by Gaby from Philadelphia,Pa on Wed May 30 2018

Mileage is Good. Headroom for my husband good.Style is nice. Only negative is that I feel all the bumps (Philadelphia roads not good after the winter period). Feel sporty but safe. Otherwise very pleased

Nicest vehicle I 've owned to date.

by Mrs. Right from Medina, N.Y. on Wed Jan 17 2018

This SUV had all the features I wanted and the AWD takes much of the stress out of winter driving and the12 speaker karmon sound system is great.