2016 WRX STI

4.9 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Most engadging and exciting of them all.

by Subawoo enthusiast from San Antonio, Tx on June 3, 2016

For starters I want to say I have owned 5 different Subaru Vehicles in the past 7 years (12' Legacy, 14' Wrx hatch-miss the most, 15' Wrx, 16 Wrx, 16' Wrx Sti), I have traded out of these to get into other brands but Subaru always delivers. And out of all of them I praise the 2016 Sti the most. The reason I purchased the Sti was because I took my 16 Wrx in for its maintenance 1st service and my salesman persuaded me to kill sometime by testing out a new Sti they had received. Me being like most sports car enthusiasts said why not. Just to let you know the best thing to do when you do decide to test drive one of these is to put it into sport sharp mode and turn off traction control (hold down traction control button for 5 seconds). This allows you open up the most potential for the biggest smile your face can ever make as well as the most heart pounding drive you can imagine. In sport sharp mode the throttle input is extremely sensitive and is ready to accelerate with even a hint of throttle input. The keys are handed off to me in less than a minute and I turn the Sti on, oh how I missed that boxer rumble from the old 14' Hatch I had prior but now its back again. The salesman points me towards these hill country back roads with several twists, hairpins, sweeping roads and says have fun. Before I go any further I must say that the difference between this and my 2016 WRX and any prior WRX I have owned is comparable to a buffet $2 steak from golden corral to a well seared flavorful and juicy ribeye steak from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Instantly driving the Sti you feel more engaged and connected to the vehicle when you put any input weather it being the steering, throttle input, and brake inputs. To start the transmission shifts and engages every gear crisply, with confidence and precision.For the suspension its a bit bumpy but not too harsh as the seats are very supportive and come with heated seat function. The Suspension is very crisp and responsive, it lets you feel what the car can and cant handle. The tires and the traction they provide is quite nice and responsive. The Brakes, oh my god the brakes, being equipped with 4 Brembo brake Sport calipers at all corners of the vehicle makes you want to test the true meaning of "stopping on a dime". The Brake setup is so phenomenal you will wonder why they don't put Brembo brakes on every car. All of these features combined together makes for one heck of a drive each time you take on a short grocery store visit or a road trip from coast to coast. For the $5-7k price difference between the WRX and base model Sti you get your moneys worth every time. Not to say the WRX is a bad purchase, as i have owned several of them before and was very ecstatic about them, but to my old self i would say test drive the Sti and you wont find any other reason NOT to save up for it and just get it. For the money in the sports car category under $35k this is definitely the most rewarding purchases you will make. The practicality this vehicle also brings (4 doors and large trunk with plenty of space) is also worth mentioning. Do yourself a favor, get one and stop wasting your time reading reviews about these amazing Driving machines.

STi Review

by STi 2016 from Phoenix on May 20, 2016

This is not my wife and I's first Subaru but our 4th. We can definitely can say it will not be the last. We bought it for the interior size and comfort. The sportiness factor helps too! I'm tall at 6'4" so I needed to fit along with my kids too. That was a big deal with the older generation STi's. The interior on this car is really nice and does not look cheap at all. Very good pickup when you need it! I opted for the short throw and all weather mats in my car. All worth while! A+ -BMH in Phoenix

Excellent choice

by tistaskis from miami, fl on August 28, 2015

I lease a 2016 wrx sti, super fast, interior has now more lexury than years before beautiful dashboard. Performance parts and brakes, engine is a tank super reliable and also very frendly for upgrades to increase torque and HP.It is very sporty car remember hard drive and suspention. I hightly recomend this car, your are going to have fun everyday, last but no least depreciation is just a little.

Handles like a go-kart. In a good way. :D

by Dustin Loftis from Wichita, KS on March 27, 2017

I'll start with the downsides to get those out of the way. The car is loud, very loud. Can't make phonecalls while going down the highway loud. Also, the car hugs the road like a go-kart. Like a spine-compressing, brain-shaking go kart. Some roads are more huggable than others. But the car is fun, just complete fun to drive. And I don't mean, "fun if you live on a mountain with gravel roads and no possibility of oncoming traffic." I mean that it is fun to drive anywhere, all the time. Everything else about this car is awesome, from the electronics to the engine to the little "Can you get more than 18 MPG" minigame included in the dash displays.

Baddest car I?ll ever own. Truly a sports sedan

by Christhornton from Manhattan, Ks on October 26, 2017

This car look amazing on the outside and the inside. The leather seats accent the exterior of the car. The big Brembo brakes will stop you on a dime the six speed transmission is super fun to drive. The speed from the boost will really put you in your seat. The safety features included like the back up camera and blind spot assist really make me more comfortable about driving it.

Head turner

by PogiAko on July 5, 2017

Best manual car I have ever driven. With the SI mode, it feels like you are driving a 3-in-1 car. Super fun car to drive. The only drawback is that you will visit the gas station more frequently. The sit is so comfortable that you can drive for straight several hours without hurting your buttom.

My dream car

by Stiguy on November 6, 2017

This is the nicest car I have owned. It's my dream car and always knew I would get one. The 2016 dis not disappoint at all

Cant go wrong with this car

by JennDenton from Denton, TX on March 31, 2017

The car is unbelievable. So much power and sleek lines. Interior is absolitely beautiful as well. It turns heads wherever you go. If you like peooke to talk about/envy you, this is the car to get!

Great car ! People love it !

by RushFan from Lemont , Il on September 1, 2017

The Subaru STI is a world famous rally car , it's just that most people don't know it . Subaru enthusiasts do , so if you get one , you will be a member of exclusive club . So fun to drive , just a bit harsh for a daily driver . Great power and reliability . I loved mine , but I needed a truck for work . Great resale value too !

Most stylish car I've ever owned

by Nick from New York on June 19, 2017

Has a lot of space, fun to drive, for a performance car it's still a great daily driver. Absolutely love it with the amount attention I get...

1 2