2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek consumer reviews

side view of 2013 XV Crosstrek Subaru
Explore the 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Shop the 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

2013 Oil Consumption Failure: Known Problem

Bought @Subaru dealership, had to add oil. Subaru has "Oil Consumption Test' free if under 100k miles. Mine failed, Subaru rebuilt the engine, for free.

2.1

If you are looking, keep looking.

At first I thought this car was awesome. Great size, functioned well in snow, rain etc... Right from the get go it burned through oil, had to replace 2 axels, and now the transmissions done at 163,000 km. Warranty is till 160,000 km so Subaru Canada won't do anything. This car is a nightmare.

Happiness is a Subaru!

After breaking my neck and back in an accident years and suffering frequent spinal fractures, I have finally found the car that is comfortable! I have fallen completely in love!

4.4

4WD almost go anywhere. With confidence....

Love the 4wd system, feel pretty much safe on mountain roads. Like the room in the back, plenty of space for passengers and cargo if your not carrying an elephant. Over all my Subaru xtrac has been an exceptional vehicle for me and my whole family. I highly recommend it to everyone who is looking for a excellent vehicle.

1.4

worst vehicle i have ever purchased

After driving the Ford Escape I realized how bad this car was in terms of comfort and performance. This car was a total piece of junk.

4.4

Very reliable great performance.

This car is reliable, gets great gas mileage, has plenty of power. Could use a little more room in cock pit, width wise. Overall, great value.

Economic yet fun car

This car is a full package. Beautiful, all-wheel drive, reliable, and economic. Perfect size for city living and great for outdoors. With winter tires, it becomes invincible in snow.

3.4

Cost of driving this car just keeps increasing

I bought this car new It currently has a little over 62,000 miles. Have spent thousands on mechanical repairs. Transmission went out at 57,000 miles. A/C seals had to be replaced. Uses a quart of oil every 2,000 miles, and now the rear differential is leaking, which I’m sure will be another $1,000.00. The money you save buying it isn’t worth the additional thousands you spend fixing it

Great car!

We are a sub fam. We were originally looking for an Outback and still will pick an Outback over anything, but we also really like the crosstek! It’s comfortable, reliable (AWD IS A MUST HAVE UP HERE IN THE NORTH EAST), mileage is also great, we only fill up once every two weeks for pleasure driving. Back seat is spacious if you don’t have any children in a car seat or if you have a slim car seat. We have a graco forever for our two year old and it does take a bit of space but nothing too bad. Just wish it had a bit more space in the trunk. But we only plan to have this car for a year until we get a ‘19 or ‘20 Outback for more roadtrips, so we are more than happy with this car where we are at in our lives right now.

4.1

So Long my beloved Subie

Well, where do I start? Maybe it was the first cross country trip we took with her... Maybe it was the time we moved to Memphis and drove her around in the snow in Arkansas and the Tennessee mountains? All I know is that she was a part of the family. It was the first vehicle we purchased when we got married. When everyone else was stuck in the snow last year in Atlanta, we were making grocery and beer runs. We get attached to our cars. They are like family. From a comfort standpoint, sure it could have been more roomy. From an acceleration standpoint, it could have been faster. It was just what we needed. 150k miles later, we needed more room. I think I saw my wife shed a tear as we drove off the lot in our new outback; I know I certainly did. The only issues we ever had were a bad wheel bearing and a rat ate through a belt. You know what Subaru did? Give us the new belt for free and didn't charge us for the labor, with no warranty. We'll miss you old girl. Hope you make someone else as happy as you made us.