Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 XV Crosstrek

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek

4.4

Have You Driven the 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek?

I love my car! :)

by MsMetroid from Springville, Utah on Sun May 04 2014

The car drives excellently. It is speedy and handles very well. We have taken it through some rough roads and it works very well. The extra clearance on the car made it fun. The manual drive is very easy to use. I do not so much love the interior console in the car. It is very boxy. There aren't any areas or compartments on the left of the steering wheel for change, gum, or anything. There is an unusual pocket that seems to go nowhere. With the newer version of the Jelly Bean operating system for Android, it seems that the BT does not sync automatically with my car anymore, I have to switch through the radio modes off of BT and back for the audio to play again. I love the leather seats and it makes it easy to clean. I only wish that I had gotten the Crosstrek with the Moonroof. Even without the GPS system, that is all I feel is missing from my car. Everything else I love. It looks nice, drives nice, is comfortable to even ride in when not driving. It gives me the space and room that I need without being too big, like a Forester. I love the extra window space past the side mirrors. I love the auto settings for the Air Controls. It's great how intuitive the car is! I wish that, like my Honda before, I could enable the Cruise Control and it would continue to be enabled after turning the car off, and back on again. Outside of a few things, I couldn't ask for a better car.

First car purchase ever!

by Crosstrek Fan and Now Owner from Aurora Colorado on Fri Jun 13 2014

My first experience in purchasing a new car from a dealer was very positive due to a very fine gentleman named Trevor Taron at Shortline Subaru here in Aurora Co. I have only had this vehicle for one week but I am very happy with the performance. I purchased the Limited which has leather upholstery that is very comfortable and I really like the automatic climate control system. The auto-on/off headlights are a very good feature. I am getting used to the rear-vision camera especially in a busy parking lot. The leather-wrapped steering wheel is very comfortable. There are many wonderful features in this automobile that I haven't described but I love this Crosstrek already and would recommend it without reservation.

The Crosstrek is a Win!

by KB from Baltimore, MD on Sun Nov 16 2014

This is my first Subaru. I really had narrowed it down to the Crosstrek and a close competitor. I test drove both and decided on the Subaru. The Crosstrek has quickly become one of my favorite driving experiences. It has great acceleration for a car in it's class and gets top ratings for safety. The interior is basic but comfortable and everything is easy to reach. A lot of people complain about road noise with this car... I have no complaints. It has significantly less road noise than others in its class and according to my wife, significantly less than many rental cars she drives. Being an all wheel drive is a plus for our winter season and the roof rack and rear mount bike racks are great add on items for anyone as active as I am. It hauls our kayaks, paddleboards and bikes no problem. I say this car is a big winner!

Very Nice

by Percy from Charlotte, NC on Fri Apr 25 2014

Subaru Crosstrek XV Limited. Did not go with moonroof/Navigation package. Very comfortable seating, front and back. Great visibility and rear view camera is really nice feature. The automatic light featue is also very nice. Plenty of room for "stuff" in the rear. Good performance. Overall, a very pretty and sporty looking car!

burns oil

by tac from nj on Wed Jun 11 2014

this is my 3rd Subaru, I bought this because my others were very reliable and I had no issues. this xv burns so much oil. I've had it 8 months and it has been back to the dealer 6 times and ive had to put a quart of oil it it at least 8 times. the exterior looks nice and I love the awd, I will be trading this car in and not getting another Subaru. starting in 2012 Subaru has had oil consumption issues, I would not rely on them any longer. google subaru oil consumption and youll find all the reviews, rants, and frustration from owners & its so difficult to get anything fixed. look elsewhere.

Does not recommend this car!!

Take an adventure in a Crosstrek!

by Alex from Nashville, TN on Sat Apr 28 2018

The Subaru Crosstrek is an outstanding vehicle for the price. It has quite a bit of ground clearance, lots of interior room, and good cargo capacity. I've taken my car off-road numerous times with no issues. It's a good half way point between a truck/SUV/Jeep and car. With good gas mileage and good off-road ability it's a win-win. Only issue with this car is the lack of power from the 2.0L boxer engine, but it isn't really noticeable during regular driving.

Always wanted a Subaru

by First time lease customer from Danvers, MA on Wed Jun 11 2014

Leased a 2014 Crosstrek and very happy with it so far. Comfortable inside; attractive exterior. Heated seats work great, so winter will be more tolerable this year. Looking forward to having AWD when it snows! I was used to a low, small car, so driving this feels like driving a small SUV, but it parks like my old car. Feels secure being a bit higher off the ground.

Love this car!

by Mair from Reno, NV on Sun Aug 17 2014

Have owned Subarus for over 20 years, so I know their reliability and durability. The Crosstrek is fun to drive! I've never quite thought of a Subaru as "fun"....but love this car!

I love my car still

by Yukij01 from 08534 on Wed Jul 16 2014

This is my first sub and I love it. I know my friend who had subs before doesn't like it as much as I do. But I've test drove a lot of other cars before I decided this is the one that stole my heart away. I went to Honda/Ford/Toyota looking for cars in the similar price range... When i walked into sub, the way this car looks just took me by surprise. A lot crossover cars gives me the feelings that they are confused and don't know where / who they are meant to be. But the way Crosstreks exterior looks just has personality. It drives very smoothly. It doesn't pick up as fast when AC is on... but that's with most cars. At times, the oil meter may jump two clicks after one 50 mile trip ... but it's not an big issue b/c it doesn't often. No oil leak so far and i've had this car for 9 months now. Still in love with my car. Last car i had was the new Altima, which I lost the love for new car in 3 months. The new line of 2014 subs are just amazing lookin~

First New Car Ever

by Bobbi from Manitowoc, WI on Thu May 01 2014

We got our Crosstrek at Lakeland Subaru in Sheboygan Wi and Gary really treated us royally. We knew what we wanted and Gary and the team made it easy. This is my first new car ever and it was the an all around positive experience. The car is comfortable and it gets great gas mileage. We took it to Indiana for a visit and we got 32 miles to the gallon. And our yellow lab loves it too!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Editor's note: This review was written in November 2012 about the 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Its awkward name notwithstanding, the 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek successfully incorporates the key aspects of the brand's Outback line into a smaller, more fuel-efficient package.

The XV Crosstrek starts at $22,790, including a $795 destination charge. Our test model was an uplevel Limited version with an optional $2,000 Navigation and Moonroof Package that upped our as-tested price to $27,290.

If the XV Crosstrek looks familiar, it should: It's based on... Read More