2014 Camry

2014 Toyota Camry

2014 Toyota Camry

Have you driven the 2014 Toyota Camry?

Excellent Buy

by Sam from Houston, TX on Thu Sep 01 2016

I'm absolutely pleased with my 2014.5 Camry LE. This was recommended to me by my neighbor who's a die-hard Camry fan. At first, I was skeptical; I've owned around 22 cars, all non-Toyotas, in the past. After test drive at dealership, I decided to buy it and give it a try. My daily driving is mixed - city / Highway. The cabin is very quiet and the seats are very comfortable. Safety-wise, the car has air-bags all round, with great crash test scores. Mileage is excellent and the interior design is very user-friendly. The only down-side is the acceleration; the car is sluggish when sudden acceleration is needed. It's built more for cruising. Overall, I'm very happy with the car. Great value for the money. Regarding the rattling some owners have reported. I had this in my car also; the rattle was coming from 2 metal rods under the rear speakers (you can see them from the trunk). I taped them together with duct tape; the rattle is gone.

Not a sports car

by Cautious Driver from Hudson River Valley, NY on Tue Sep 27 2016

Safety and reliability are my main concerns in a car. The Camry has a good safety rating and, judging, from the previous Toyotas that I have owned and Consumer Reports ratings, it will be reliable. I bought a 2014 Camry LE off-lease. I have been pleasantly surprised to find the handling to be solid and the acceleration to be more than adequate for merging on to highways. I expected sloppy and sluggish.. It is a nice-looking car. I do not much like the road-scraping front bumper, but I assume the design is for lower air-resistance. Gas milleage is about 36mpg on the highway with the A/C going. Comfort is good for a car of this size. I am over six feet and I have enough legroom in the front seats. My car has a power-adjust driver's seat which is great as my wife and I share the car. The ride is stiff, but not unpleasantly so. The sound system is good. The trunk is large. It could use some tie-down points for lashing down beer cases and similar objects--they can really bang around. All in all I am happy with this Camry LE I gave it five stars for performance, but that assumes the buyer realizes it is not a sports car.

Best All-Around Car on the Market

by Car King Guru from Saint louis,MO on Thu Aug 21 2014

The Camry is by far the best car on the road today hands down. I have drove a bunch of other cars it just couldn't compare to the experience I got driving a Camry at Clay Cooley. The drive was to die for and the wheel was more than a experience it was almost seeing into the near future from years to come. I would really recommend you purchase or just test drive a Camry before you make any major decisions on a Car.

Worth it

by 2nd Toyota from Plano, Tx on Mon Apr 14 2014

This is the second Toyota I have purchased. My first one is a 12-year old minivan with over 300,000 miles with no problems (except the handles on each door broke and had to be replaced). I knew I wanted another Toyota for the same reliability. I decided on the 2014 Camry XLE about a month ago and I like it so far. Clearly, it has a lot more features than my old one. I especially like the blue-tooth, nav, moon-roof, and heated, leather seats. Hope it will be as reliable as the minivan. What I did not like was the "bait and switch" deceitful tactics tried by the dealership I purchased this from. I almost canceled the sale several times during the purchase due to the sales tactics. Considering what an overall good product Toyota is, I don't think it is necessary for the dealer to try to those sleazy tactics (letting us test drive one car then trying to switch one we hadn't driven/seen in at the last minute because the one we wanted was under recall for the heated seats and they didn't have the parts to fix the one I had driven, sneaking in extra options and trying to get out of selling the vehicle for the price they had given me on an internet quote). The cars sell themselves. The dealers don't need to play the games they tried. I ended up with a decent deal but a bad feeling towards the dealership.

Reliable car

by shamim from houston on Fri Mar 21 2014

Equiped with current equipments for comfort drive, comfortable seats avaailability of Blue Tooth offers extra comfort and safe talking while driving. Power seat is another confort. The Av. milage/Gl. is showing less as mentioned on the advertised paper mounted on window glass. (22 mile/gln V/S 25 miles/gl.)

Very Functioal car to Own

by Practical Car Owner from Fort Lauderdale, FL on Tue Apr 29 2014

The 2014 Camry XLE is a very good vehicle. It performs well at all speeds but most of all, it meets my family needs.

Good car

by Mrmann from on Mon Apr 28 2014

Not bad good gas mil easy on the eyes down low car. Smooth on highway not bad around town reliable gd pickup

Great MPG Good Looks Nice Price

by The Real Deal from San Diego, CA on Tue Jul 01 2014

I had big V-8 SUV. Looked at small SUV's but nothing fit me as I am very tall. I read article about overall reliability of the Camry over the years. Local dealer had Zero Inception Lease offer, so I jumped into a 2014 Camry base "Gas Saver" model. First month with 1,200 miles got 30 MPG on mixed roads. We have freeways, but some steep grades, so I really like the 6 Speed Auto stick along with Econo mode. I-4 motor keeps up with all demands without loud buzzing, and purrs quiet in Econo mode on freeway or level roads. Complaints: rattling in the dashboard and rear speaker shelf at times. Trunk lid is flimsy, guess so it pops open easy with remote? Rear View Mirror has blurry spots, really noticeable at night. Rear seat not for tall people! Nice stuff: Bluetooth, Rear Camera, Frosty A/C. Handles great on twisty road I take to work, easy to park anywhere, deep trunk area. I would have bought Mazda 6, but the Toyota lease was too sweet of a deal, now I am happy Camry driver, probably buy it after 36 months, be happy owner.

great car.. comfortable

by psp from pennsylvania on Sat Jan 18 2014

This is the best family car. Value for money ...driving since last six months.. very.classy interior

Great Ride and Sporty Design!

by Caneman from Rockledge, FL on Wed Jun 11 2014

I have always owned Honda Accords, but the price and styling of the 2014.5 SE looks so much more sportier than the Accord, plus the interior has a more updated look than Accord. The sporty feel of the SE makes it a fun car to drive. If your on a budget and you want the feel and drive of a Lexus , get the Camry SE and save some money.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23

Our Take on the 2014 Toyota Camry

Editor's note: This review was written in June 2013 about the 2013 Toyota Camry. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

In most forms, the Camry is a quiet, smooth-riding sedan with few thrills or complaints, but the 2013 SE with an uplevel V-6 showed only the Camry's flaws.

The Camry was completely redesigned for the 2012 model year and remains relatively unchanged for 2013. You can read a review of the 2012 four-cylinder and other trim levels here.

At the heart of the sport-tuned SE is a 268-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 engine that delivers power exceptionally smoothly and... Read More