2018 Toyota Camry consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Camry Toyota
Explore the 2018 Toyota Camry
Shop the 2018 Toyota Camry

Our #1 Vehicle

My husband and I love our car. It rides beautiful and handles great in bad weather conditions. We have not had any problems at all. The seats are comfortable and the driver seat has many adjustable settings including lumbar support. The interior is "very" spacious, my husband is 6' tall and his head has plenty room. The exterior lines are sexy and the paint is a gorgeous white.

2.7

Don't buy over-hyped Toyota trash!!!

At age 82 this is w/o question the least reliable auto I ever have owned. I regret the day I visited the Toyota dealer. Their performance is as lousy as the auto. At 57k miles this garage queen experienced multiple system failures: power steering, turn signals, wipers/washers, and constant failure mode warnings: abs, anti-skid etc. Dealer service said I need a new battery. No, I need my old Chevy! Toyota lives off their unwarranted reputation and an excellent engine. Everything else is bargain basement trash.

4.4

Not Bad…….

Pretty decent all around. Main complaints are issues with wind noise on doors and panoramic roof. Also the suspension seems to be giving out at less than 100k which is unfortunate and hard to find replacements/aftermarket for.

3.7

XLE noisy and slow acceleration

I am disappointed with how slowly it accelerates. It is loud and not real smooth when going from 0 to 60. The front grill has too much plastic. The back sides on some trims have funny looking black plastic grill looking things. I wish it had remote start during the cold winter months. The infotainment is below average. The screen is not that clear and it doesn't interface well with Androids. There were 2 recalls in less than 3 years. The heated leather seats are nice and comfortable. The gas mileage is pretty good overall. The car's design is stylish, spacious and sleek. There are plenty of safety features which are great; however, the automatic braking system is rather startling and sensitive. Hopefully some of those things were addressed with newer models.

I love this car. It has a lot of room.

Very easy to drive and has some safety features that can be turned on if you want to. Lots of space in the back seat. Looks sporty on the outside. Sharp pin stripping on the outside and some tinted windows.

Wonderful car , Luxurious

I’ve owned Toyotas for years and went from top Avalon to top level Camry. I’m a senior and don’t drive much anymore and was worried that I sooner comfortable with the Camry but it has everything that I wanted and need. Love it!!

SMOOTH DRIVE AND VERY ROOMY

the car drives very good and smooth , large trunk space and very spacious inside , I like the endearing exterior . very lovely design

I really enjoy this car.

I love it. Drives good. Great of gas. Even though it’s a couple of years old I feel like it’s still a new car. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments.

Great Daily Commuter

I purchased a low mileage 2018 Camry SE as my daily commuter. I really dig it. It averages 36 mpg!!! which is 1 mpg better than I averaged with my 2014 Civic EX. Great visibility, comfortable seats, nice cockpit with a comfy leather wrapped steering wheel. The adaptive cruise control is wonderful meaning you no longer have to brake and reset the cruise control when approaching slower traffic. I think this vehicle represents great value as a used car but there are 2 things you should probably know about before deciding to purchase one. 1. Tires. Toyota continues to use the Bridgestone Turanza EL440 as their OEM tire. I believe they still do! It's a good "summer" tire but wears down quickly (expect 20K on tread before road noise becomes unbearable) and absolutely horrible traction in snow. If you buy the car with these tires, you're going to need to switch them out sooner than you normally would. A decent set of 4 All Season tires fully installed will run you around $800+ for this car in the 235 45R18 tire size. 2. Infotainment System. This is the last year before the Camry was upgraded to Apple Car Play/Android Auto and you will see a lot of complaints about how wonky the system is. The speakers are decent, AM/FM radio is fine and the system is easy to navigate. My iphone paired easily for hands-free integration and my contacts transferred easily and the Toyota Entune 3.0 software from the vehicle was easy to follow. The problems really are 2-fold. First, the selection of apps available is limited. You get iHeart Radio, NPR One, Weather-Fuel Price-Stock Price Checker and that's it! If you want to use any other app from your phone, you will have to bluetooth. And the integrated apps require that you open the mandatory Toyota app on your phone for everything to sync. It's okay but I can understand why there are so many complaints from customers who purchased this car new. It got so bad that Toyota began offering owners upgrades to Apple Car Play before the 2019 Camry came out. The really wonky part in the Entune 3.0 is the navigation system. Toyota went with a mobile app called Scout GPS Link as their navigation app. To use dynamic maps you have to plug your phone into the USB port and pay a yearly subscription of $14.99. Again, it's okay but it's not Google Maps or Apple Maps quality. If you want to see maps on your infotainment system screen, you're locked into using Scout GPS link. YES, I still like this vehicle!

Huge Upgrade from Previous Vehicle

I love this car! It has everything I want and It’s extremely comfortable. The blind spot alert is very helpful because I have hard time checking for that, but it’s really a great car.