NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2018 Camry

2018 Toyota Camry

#1 Most Popular Sedan
2018 Toyota Camry

Have You Driven the 2018 Toyota Camry?

Great once you get the transmission software fix

by JohnCarmry from Bronx, NY on Sun May 27 2018

My wife is the main driver and complained from day one that the transmission slips. Also acceleration was extremely hesitant. She wanted me to return the car for her safety. I did some googling and found she was not alone in her assessment. I did a bit of research and found out the TSB-0330-17 is a possible fix. I went to my dealer and played dumb. I told them of my wife’s complaints and they said, ’the tech drove the car there is nothing wrong with it.’ I laughed in their faces and said you are telling me you don’t know about the thousands of complaints about this car online’ They said ’no. You are the first person to complain.’ Keep in mind this is a high volume dealership in NYC. They probably sell 300 Camry’s a week! I told them I’m not leaving until you fix the car. It’s not safe. Finally I mention the TSB (Toyota Service Bulletin) and pull it up on the Toyota website. They are stunned and actually ask me to write it down! I almost lost my mind! Anyway now they claim they need the car the whole day to perform the update. They gave me a rental and I was on my way. I picked the car up at he end of the day and low and behold it acts like a normal car! You hit the gas and it takes off! My wife is happy. Toyota service is a joke. If I keep it (it’s a lease) I will never go back to Toyora once out of warranty. I plan on writing a letter to the CEO of Toyota USA. Hope this review helps others! Don’t take NO from your dealer. They don’t want to pay to fix the car under warranty or trigger a recall which is probably what is needed. Good luck! You will love the Camry after the update! Pretty zippy and responsive!

Love the redesign, technology not as comfortable

by Mr. C from Woodstock, GA on Wed Dec 27 2017

To put this in perspective I upgraded from a 15 year old 2002 camry LE with 400k miles. Running the numbers on my previous model $.05 mile vehicle acquisition cost, $.09 mile fuel cost, $.03 mile maintenance cost, and $.04 mile insurance cost totaling to $.21 mile cost (well below the current $.535 government mileage rate), I wanted a car just as reliable. Also I wanted a sedan with folding seats. I opted for the V6 model. The 301 hp engine mated to the 8 speed transmission is very impressive acceleration wise although I have found shifting in the Eco mode to be slightly lethargic with a brief indecision period (comparing this my fathers 2015 ES350, the ES shifts smoother). I love the space age interior and JBL sound system. I will say even for a 6' 3" person there is plenty of legroom in front and back although seats are a bit uncomfortable especially for the legs (maybe once broken in they will be better). Mileage claims 22 city which is accurate. However highway falls short of the advertised 33 mpg (still testing this though). The all glass top is a nice touch. Although it is nice that Scout is included among all the models, it is limited in its capabilities. I would have preferred the navigation upgrade as with the scout it doesn't always mate to the Iphone 6+ and I don't like not being able to input destinations unless car is in park. I also prefer having individual tire pressures shown (like the ES350) rather than a single notification that the tires are low. The only other thing I don't like about this car is the fuel tank is almost 5 gallons less than the 2002 model. Other things are road noise which is evident (but this level is on par with the ES350 I mentioned) and the low ground clearance. The safety features are nice as I have had to use auto braking twice driving intown traffic with the exception of pulling into a tight parking space with hedges on the drivers side and the front. The motion sensors and braking engaged and the transmission made a grinding noise for a second. Automation are really nice although I found it can be fooled such as the high beams keep dimming on narrow winding dirt roads (I haven't found the override for this yet). Overall this is appears to be good redesign of a reliable model.

Best car I have ever had!

by Djgoss from Cullman, Al on Fri Aug 10 2018

This car has been my dream car almost 50 years old and my first new car the ride of it is like nothing I’ve ever experienced

I love this car!

by ArbenJ from Macomb, MI on Tue Aug 21 2018

I purchased a 2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6 fully loaded with every option and it was definitely worth every penny of the 39,000 dollar sticker price. The car is beyond comfortable to drive and it packs a serious punch. I don’t have any issues now like I did when I had a 4 cycl. Merging onto a freeway, passing any vehicles, and the drive is incredibly smooth. Transmission shifts beautifully when using it manually, or when it’s left on automatic. Outside, the vehicle looks stunning especially when the panoramic moonroof is open. I get so many people turning their heads when I drive by! I have had people stop at a red light and compliment my car, and have had people even take pictures. This Camry is a new version and completely different from the last models. The sporty v6 is like never before. Interior is beyond nice, very luxurious. A must buy.

My Camry Is the Great!

by Gennaro from REVERE on Wed Sep 12 2018

My Camry far exceeded any expectation that I originally set for this vehicle. It is an amazing car that is not only reliable but the aesthetic of the car is just incredible making the Camry one of the most attractive vehicles on the road. If you are looking to purchase a car with numerous amenities at a reasonable price Camry is the vehicle you must select. In conclusion, the safety features that the Camry possess will make driving less stressful and once again will allow an individual to feel enjoyment when traveling on America's Roads. I brazen stated without any hesitation that the Camry will solve all your car issues making it the most dependable vehicle you ever purchased. My testimony is not a hyperbole it is the truth.

Gold values

by King of the road from Calfornia garden grove on Wed Sep 26 2018

Amazing car with fully loaded option you save lote of money because it didn’t need services and you save more money with the fuel It is very silent on the road hi advice all my friend to buy it

Best Camry ever

by Vernon avery from Rancho Cordova, ca on Sun Jun 09 2019

The new Toyota Camry has been awesome. Great handling, looks, quality. The v6 with 301hp has been awesome. You can cruise this car but put your foot down and you better hold on. Tires will slightly break loose but grip and your gone. Toyota builds some great cars and will never go to any other brand because of the quality Toyota brings. Love it

Greatest reliability of any make I ever owned

by Johnny from Jacksonville, AR on Sun Aug 20 2017

I have owned Toyota cars for many years, with my first being a 1971 station wagon. I find they are very reliable cars, as I have also owned several other makes, but always return to Toyota. So far I am very happy with the 2018 Camry. If this new one proves as good as the 2012 it replaces, I will be very happy!

out of 5 starsReliability

Happy Camry owner

by Envirowes on Fri Jun 29 2018

The Camry XSE is the most amazing car I've ever owned. The car is equipped with the most advanced technology and I luv it. The intuitive cruise control is amazing.

Love my Toyota Camry!

by "Toyota Camry Love" on Mon Apr 09 2018

This is the best car I have ever had! I have owned many cars throughout the years and this Toyota Camry is the best performing one yet. It has a very smooth ride, handles easily around curves and on hills as well as it is a beauty to look at.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 68