2013 FJ Cruiser

2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Have you driven the 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser?

Great car for anyone

by Student from Atlanta, Ga on Sun Dec 08 2013

I'm 20 years old and currently own a 2008 toyota FJ cruiser that I got 4 years ago and still love it just as much as I did the day I got it. Not once have I had to take it into the dealership because of a problem. It is the most durable car you could possible get. The blind spots are easy to adjust to and hardly a problem because of the fisheye mirrors provided on each side mirror. And what it might lack in gas mileage it makes up for in safety. I've driven across the country in this car in all types of weather. This car can handle anything and would be suitable for whatever you're looking for in a car

best 4x4 i have ever owned

by hunter from southeast usa on Sat Oct 24 2015

I bought my 2013 fj new. It now has 70k miles on it and still drives like new. I drive alot. On road and offroad. This truck rides and drives great on the road and even better off road. Never had to do anything to it but standard services like having the oil changed etc. The fj has all kinds of power. An has a ton of after market add ons for those who like to personalize there ride. An did i mention this thing will go anywhere. I have owned several jeeps in my life and none of them even compare to the fj. If you want your ride to last and go offroad buy a toyota. If you wanna spend money on repairs and get beat to death on the pavement by a jeep. I know i have owned both now. Wont ever sell mine. My kids love it too. There not cheap but you get what you pay for. Gas milage isnt great but totally normal for a 4x4 of this caliber. Im running 33inch tires and have a 3inch lift on mine now and still get 17mpg in town. Better then that on the highway. Wish they still made them. Im hard to please and im totally empressed with this suv. I cant say enough. Its a keeper. Im not bashing jeep or anyone i just dont think here is any maker out there that compares to toyotas 4x4 products. An the fj is top of the line for them. Jmo

Much better than I expected.

by Lost Eddie from Colorado on Mon Feb 29 2016

I read a lot about the FJ before we purchased our 2013 FJ Cruiser. We were skeptical about the outward visibility but when we drove it we were please to find the forward and side visibility to be just fine. Backing up is not a problem as long as you get the back up camera and some little convex mirrors. Off road capability is superb and the main reason we bought the FJ. We live in Colorado and take it off road at least once or twice a month. With some All Terrain tires, A-Trac and the locking differential, the FJ is nearly unstoppable. Climbing out of creek beds or up mountain trails with 12 inches of snow has proven NO problem. Gas mileage is running between 17- 19.5 mpg depending on what we are doing and city driving is a consistent 17 mpg. If you want a capable 4WD with excellent reliability, you owe it to yourself to consider the Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Uses car for Off-roading

Cool and Rugged

by FJ Cruiser from Philadelphia on Mon Jan 21 2013

Call it a mid-life crisis car. It is a rugged and reliable vehicle. And a lot less coslty than a red corvette. Serious off road capability in the Trail Teams editions. Mono-color, blacked out trim and TRD wheels give the Team Trails edition a really cool and rugged appearance. THis vehicle could proabably crawl over a house! Parking assist and the JBL stereo are not standard on the Team Trails edition - a little disappointing. Interior is spartan but functional. Ride is not bad for a vehicle with the off road pedigree this one comes with. Seem to be getting about 20 MPG highway in the first 500 miles. Tank is on the small side so teh range looks like it will be right around 300 miles.

best of the best 4 WD

by Bad Girl from canfield, OH on Sun Feb 23 2014

Living in NE Ohio, I have depended on my 2013 FJ to get me through this rough winter and feel safe at the same time. I love being able to use my 4wd when I need it. I can't believe how many people come up to me and ask what kind of car is that? I think Toyota owes me because I have sold alot of people on this toy. Personally, I don' t think Toyota has done enough to advertise this great vehicle and should keep it in it's stable. That being said , I will be buying a 2014 . When I told my husband I wanted an FJ, he said seriously, it's ugly! I said it is soo freaking ugly, it' BAD!!!!!! And I 'm in LOVE!

Solid SUV - just really cool and rugged feeling

by Sparkster from Lexington, KY on Sun Nov 19 2017

I bought my FJ Cruiser used with 15K miles on the odometer. I chose the FJ Cruiser over a Jeep Wrangler because I find the interior layout (steering wheel position, armrest position, etc.) of the Wrangler impossible to live with. The FJ has a much more comfortable driving position and adjustments that fit me well. I love the way it looks and I love the way it drives. My FJ is a stock Trail Teams edition with the exception of a metal front bumper and a winch, and including the original set of BFG tires. Pros: Looks Quiet (much quieter on the road than you'd think) Comfortable suspension (yeah, it is even a smooth ride) Off-roadability Towing capacity (much better than most car chassis-based "crossover") Seat/controls comfort Cons (I was aware of all of these before I decided to purchase): Fuel economy is pretty bad Acceleration is bland Visibility is definitely bad in essentially every direction, especially rear Annoyances (that I didn't necessarily know beforehand): Rear view camera display is almost useless (small and pixelated) There is no "mist" or single action on the wiper lever. Seat bolstering could be more present. Stereo sounds decent until you turn the bass setting beyond +1. Volume controls on the steering wheel are on the left instead of right (personal preference) No pre-wired disconnects for connecting a towing brake controller wiring kit

Rough terrain work area

by Eagle Ford from south Texas on Wed Feb 20 2013

I needed a heavy duty vehicle to work in the oil fields and this was the right car for the job. The suspension is stiffer than my previous vehicles but they were not 4-wheel drive. I expect to put 150,000 miles on this vehicle in the next 5 years and I believe a Toyata can do it well. Part of my decision to acquire this vehicle is the reputation the manufacturer has and the car was built in Japan. It is early on in my experience with the vehicle but I am happy. Only wish the mileage was better.

Awesome Vehicle

by faker1966 from Florida on Fri Mar 21 2014

I purchased this vehicle last summer and I love it so much! Love the design inside and out! My ONLY complaint about this vehicle is the angle of the stereo. Difficult to see when driving. Otherwise totally love it. I just took it on a long trip and I wasnt looking forward to being stuck in the back seet but it was totally comfortable and spacious! Gas mileage was decent too. Love it!!!

Most reliable and unbelievable Resale

by JohnnyQuest from Willard, MO on Wed Mar 07 2018

I have owned this vehicle for 4 years and put abut 30k miles on it. I have had zero issues with this vehicle. It's rugged and unique I get compliments all the time. It feels solid and safe. The only downside to this vehicle is the outward visibility which is poor to the rear. The MPG is also not that great but with the stunning resale most other vehicles lose way more money in value than the cost of gas. This vehicle ends up being cheaper to own than most economy cars.

2013 Toyota fj

by fj cruiser from thorton colo on Mon Aug 05 2013

I have 200 miles on vehicle and front sterring wheel shakes at speeds between 40 and 60 m.p.h. have a appointment with dealer to check it out. Read other reviews and f.js have a problem with steering issues . Hope to resolve problem.

Uses car for Off-roading