2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser consumer reviews

$27,030–$28,620 MSRP range
side view of 2013 FJ Cruiser Toyota
Explore the 2013 FJ Cruiser Toyota
Shop the 2013 FJ Cruiser Toyota

Most reliable car I’ve owned.

This car is the most fun of any car I’ve ever owned, and the most reliable. I love the sporty look and the indestructible interior. It’s lacking on creature comforts, but it makes up for it in cool! I am a 67-year-old grandma, I feel like a real hot shot when I’m driving! It’s got a bit of a blind spot. That is the number one problem I have with it.

High miles and still going strong

Drives excellent. When I purchased, I caught up on all needed maintenance items. FJ drives great and so far feels like it will be a family car for quite some time. All buttons work, engine runs strong.

Best utilitarian 4x4 for the buck!

I've purchased 4 new FJ's since 2007, totaling over 300k miles on them and never a lick of trouble. They've been driven hard on the freeway as well as off road all across the upper Midwest and NW Ontario, towing boats, campers and utility trailers. The highest resale value of anything on the road prompted me to continually upgrade once they started nearing 100k rounds, now I look back and wish I kept the other 3 since there was nothing wrong with them except higher miles. Toyota, if you're listening, start making them again as I cannot see myself driving anything other than an FJ for life.

I love it!!!

I always want to have one and my only complaint is that I didn’t have it before. I really enjoy every mile driven. My dream car.

Not for the bland and boring on the road

The FJ Cruiser is a unique style of truck that is not for everyone,but those of us who own one, wouldn’t drive anything else. It’s unique styling,colors and size make it stand out from the homogenized array of SUV’s you see on the road today. Like I said it is def NOT for everyone and has a few limitations and irks that won’t make it a good choice. Poor gas mileage,blind spots,suicide doors,not family friendly and smaller interior cargo room than expected are a few. However if you can rise above those, the driving experience and sheer thrill of the ride will have you hooked. It’s unique styling will set you apart from all the rest and although it was designed for off road,it rides and handles smooth and driver friendly on the road. It can fit 4 adults comfortably but can be a tiny cramped in the back seats for tall people. The seats fold down for extra cargo space easily, and can fit most types of hauling and stuff. It is a 6 cylinder, so it does have power and drives quite good for a trucky suv combo. It’s big windshield can be a magnet for chips, but owning 2 FJs so far, I have never experienced a problem. This is NOT a gas friendly truck and will average 17-19 mpg but for me the sacrifice in gas economy is worth the cool and head turning looks of it. They were totally discontinued in the US in 2014 and are still available via the used market. Don’t let high mileage be a deterrent because as long as it was properly maintained,all should be fine,plus it’s a Toyota and generally they last a long time. So if a unique and fun ride is what you are after,the FJ may be a good match. It is not for everyone, but once you drive it,you will understand.

Very reliable and great for off road and winter dr

Traded in Lexus sc430 and rav4 to buy when moving from Florida to Idaho. Great 4 wheel driver for cross country, 4 wheeling. Only drawback is gas efficiency.

3.6

A Jeep Wrangler Contender

It?s a tank, huge and heavy. If it wasn?t for the Toyota engine I wouldn?t have consider it. It?s one of those cars you either hate it or love it. Looks depends on how much work you put in. Just like the wranglers. Drives like a heavy suv. It?s very simple and basic. Almost bare bones. Btw they have a huge rust issue. So before purchasing one, carefully look out for it.

Great vehicle with great resale value!

This vehicle has been dependable, stylish and unique. I have enjoyed owning my FJ and it is a comfort to know that it holds its value so well. Does not depreciate like other vehicles so in the end, you can't lose if you buy an FJ!

Well kept vehicle, a joy to drive!

This SUV is like new. Not too big but plenty of room for the kids. Sporty but classy! Has everything I could want in a vehicle.

4.4

Most reliable and unbelievable Resale

I have owned this vehicle for 4 years and put abut 30k miles on it. I have had zero issues with this vehicle. It's rugged and unique I get compliments all the time. It feels solid and safe. The only downside to this vehicle is the outward visibility which is poor to the rear. The MPG is also not that great but with the stunning resale most other vehicles lose way more money in value than the cost of gas. This vehicle ends up being cheaper to own than most economy cars.