2005 Toyota Highlander consumer reviews

Explore the 2005 Toyota Highlander
Shop the 2005 Toyota Highlander
3.0

Very disappointed

We have a 2005 toyota Highlander. We bought it new and for the first 100,000 miles it was great. However, since hitting the 100,000 mile mark we have had to had 3 wheel bearings replaced and it sounds like we are heading toward another replacement. These repairs are pricey. The dealership was unable to diagnose the problem so a local garage diagnosed and the dealer did the repair. Having owned a Honda CRV which I drove to 193,000 and never had to have a wheel bearing replaced, I am extremely disappointed with my Toyota. I was hoping to drive it to the 200,000 mile mark but I do not trust it and we will be replacing it soon. We will not be buying another Toyota.

4.4

A RELIABLE CAR

I AM A PREVIOUS OWNER OF A HIGHLANDER. MY 2003 HIGHLANDER WAS IN AN ACCIDENT IN SEPTEMBER AND IT WAS DEEMED TOTALED. I THANK GOD I WAS UNHARMED. SO I PURCHASED ANOTHER HIGHLANDER BECAUSE I LOVE MY FIRST SO MUCH. A VERY DEPENDABLE VEHICLE.

Missin' my Highlander

In crash yesterday..not my fault. Car was totaled and lst day out I miss that reliable vehicle. I was stopped at a traffic light, rear-ended at approx 40mph & sandwiched between a propane tanker (!) and the offending vehicle. Me and all three grandkids were unharmed! I'm thanking God and the sturdiness of the Highlander. Hopefully, the departed will be replaced w/another Totota.

great value

Best suv for the $ safe, pretty, reliable, holds valu e. Great for ski trips, or just every day driving. Seats in way back appropriate for short legs only

Had a wreck, replaced immediately

Following a dramatic car wreck that totaled the car but protected the family from any significant injury, we went out and replaced it immediately with the exact same model. We couldn't be any happier. We have the 4 cylinder which has great pep. Highly recommended.

Best Bang for the BUCK

This is a type of car that will last longer than you! I have owned a Toyota Highlander for the last 6 years and it is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Perfect for a family, or a child... Excellent Safety ratings, perfect mountain car!

A very good choice.

Excellent vechicle. More room and comfort than appears. Very smooth and quiet drive train. Would buy this vehicle over and over again. I have friends that own them and feel the same way.

4.3

just awesome!

The safety is just great! It is a mid size suv. It is a perfect car for people who are scared of car accidents. I love the headlights!

4.3

High Marks for Highlander 2005

This is a very good suv to drive. The only issue that I have with this suv is that the transmission "jumps" once in a while during take off. The gears do not shift as smoothly as I think they should. The radio has good sound, the brakes are very good, it is quite spacious (I am 5'8'). I would definitely buy a highlander from 2005 to 2007 with leather upholstery only (I have fabric). The fabric seats are too difficult to keep clean; the cloth is not the type of cloth that cleans easily.

Excellent SUV

We have owned 3 Toyotas previously, 2 Corollas 1990 & 2003, & 1 Yaris 2007. When we needed a bigger vehicle for an expanding family we decided to go with the Toyota Highlander. After test driving both the 4 cyl and the V6 we decided to go with the V6 as it seemed like it is better suited for this vehicle. We found a used 2005 Highlander that fit our budget. Gas milage has been 20-21 MPG with 75% city driving. Driving in snow is a breeze with the 4x4. Overall performance & reliability is excellent, only regular scheduled maintenance has been required so far. Our only complaints are the lack of an outside temperature gauge, our old Toyota had that standard ... and we find the center console to be poorly designed. Also, the center position in the backseat was not adequate to install our infant car seat, we had to use the left spot to install it safely. Other then that we like the interior, we have leather seats with power adjusted front seats and 3rd row bench. In all we'd recommend this vehicle to anyone, it is very solid.