2022 Toyota Highlander consumer reviews

side view of 2022 Highlander Toyota
Explore the 2022 Toyota Highlander
Shop the 2022 Toyota Highlander

LOVE our new 2022 Toyota Highlander

Just drove our new car on a six hour road trip. Encountered heavy rain and low visibility and the car drove perfectly. Solid. Comfortable. Love the beige/brown interior. It’s beautiful. Plenty of space to haul stuff and people. We love Toyota.

Highlander Platinum

Have driven my Highlander Platinum for a month now and I love it. Interior is roomy and comfortable. Lots of cargo space when 3rd row seats are folded down. Heated steering wheel is mediocre. Doesn’t get very warm compared to my Cadillac XT5. Heated seats function but not as warm on high as my Cadillac was. Not a deal breaker though. The panoramic sunroof is awesome as is the stereo on the platinum pkg.

4.4

2022 Highlander Platinum..quick review

Exceptional suv with only a few minor features missing. THE GOOD Advanced technology with all of the usual safety and convenience features plus a Birdseye camera view and an amazing digital rear view mirror that allows you to choose between the Standard Optical mirror and a digital view from a camera on the rear of the car! The cabin is spacious and comfortable. 3rd row seats are for children, not adults. More than ample cargo space, especially when second and third row seats are down. JBL audio is awesome and your Rivals the best in the Mercedes and Lexus cars I've had in the past Handles well on all types of roads. Acceleration is more than adequate and switching to SPORT mode provides extra kick. THE NOT SO GOOD No power folding mirrors. Seriously?? Manual steering wheel tilt The map doesn't utilize the full 12.3 wide screen Function buttons are small and difficult to read. None of the above were deal killers for me. Minor issues that I will gladly live with in order to get all of the other features that I like so much. Overall, this Highlander is a winner!

4.4

Great car, needs a few tweaks!

We have a 2022 Hylander Hybrid Limited and given the price of gas this was a good practical choice. The hybrid version is powerful enough just a bit noisy when starting off and going up an incline. I find the Highlander a nice looking mid size SUV but am disappointed there is no where to rest your arm on the doors. The console is really solid so resting your arm there is a bit uncomfortable for any type of a lengthy ride. The front seats are comfortable and in this model they are heated and ventilated. There is plenty of room in the second row seats, haven’t needed to use the third row seats so plenty of cargo room. The heated steering wheel, also in this model, is mediocre at best as it does not heat the back side of the steering wheel and over heats the front. The new larger size monitor is a plus just need to get familiar when to use the buttons as opposed to touchscreen. If Toyota designs an arm rest on the driver and passenger door, soften up the console, I would rate this vehicle all 5s.

Great features and great ride!

This is the third Toyota Highlander I have owned. I have loved all of them but this one really feels like a step up from the previous ones. It feels more solid, less road noise and has all the bells and whistles. Granted I upgraded to a Platinum but it has auto start, heated steering wheel, heated and cooled front seats and heated rear seats, panoramic Sun roof, large screen with JBL speakers and Apple car play. It has all the features my previous one didn’t have that I wanted and the price was reasonable compared to what new SUV’s are going for theses days.

Buy it.....you won't be sorry.

Had a 2015 Highlander prior to the purchase of the 2022 model....love all the safety features...plush interior...love the "all around camera"...this model is very dependable which becomes very important for us "Old Folks"..

Love My Highlander

This is our 2nd Highlander. The previous one (2011) was totaled in an accident. The cabin area was protected extremely well. Head on and we were still able to open the front doors. For this reason (safety) we were sure the replacement would be another Highlander. Our 2022 is quieter than the 2011. It is very easy to listen to music in this car without having to have the music blasting. We have the multi-positional electric seats which makes them customizable and for each person. You can always find a comfortable position with these seats. The only issue with this model year is the controls for the heating/cooling system. It is not user friendly at first sight/use. It does take time to get used to all the electronics and the different options - no longer just a fan control and a temperature control - all electronic. All the other features on the XLE are driver programmable and makes customizing the car to your requirements/preferences. Access to the third row seats has been make easier than the 2011. This car has more "bells and whistles" than we wanted; but we needed a car quickly and this was the first one available.

1.9

Worse vehicle ever

Worse vehicle I have ever had for road noise and wind noise thru the windows, seats hurt me very bad. After 30 miles I have a headache from the noise and hard to walk from the cheap seats. $51,000 piece of junk. My Ford 4 wheel drive of 20 years has no road noise or wind noise with almost 200k miles.