2015 Highlander Hybrid

2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid?

The BEST CVT (Belt Drive, No Transmission) SUV V6

by On the road Salesman from Elverson, PA from Elverson, PA on Tue May 19 2015

Bought a 2013 Highlander Hybrid...How many other V6 (not a 4 cylinder) vehicles that can pull 3,500 lbs.(mine has a tow package), in a Hybrid that gets me 30 miles to the gallon on the Highway in the ECO mode switch while always running as an AWD for safety in rain, snow, off-road (have taken it on several steep mountain dirt roads) and the 3.5 V6 with DOVC 265 HP really does punch you out into traffic for a 7 passenger vehicle with 3 seats that are very comfortable. It even has a complete Battery mode so you can drive it 10-15 miles on strictly the battery if you run out of gas. There is NO Transmission to fix, because it has NO Transmission. I talked to at least 3 Toyota Service Mgrs. and asked them how often they must change to new batteries &/or change the belt drive...all 3 told me NEVER has happened...my buddy has a Toyota Hybrid with nearly 200,000 miles on the batteries...my 2008 Toyota Hybrid which I traded in had a smaller V6 3.3 (*nearly 90,000 miles), but never did anything to it except change the tires & the oil...that's it!...It never took brakes either because the CVT helps to brake the car down hills for you running from the engine and not wearing out your brakes...Let's get mechanical people and really look to find another 6,000 lb. (3 tons of car) that averages 28 MPG with AWD in a V6???name one, just one...This is great car! My wife loves the controls which are extremely easy to use! We LOVE this car! FOLKS...IT COMES WITH A 100,000 MILES OR 5 YEAR BATTERY WARRANTY ANYWAY...WHICH IS TRANSFERRABLE IF YOU TRADE IT...THIS IS A GREAT CAR!

Very Satisfied

by joevisma from Denver, CO on Mon Mar 21 2016

Purchased online w cars.com and had car transported. Received a great deal from Precision Toyota of Tucson. Replaced a '04 Sienna w 135K miles, so glad to keep with the Toyota record of reliability. I have been pleasantly surprised with exterior & interior styling, The biggest grip is the location of the USB port. Would have liked it more accessible. Remind you I was driving the Sienna for 12+ years, yet handling is much responsive with the Highlander. Went with the hybrid....and glad I did. I really enjoy this car.

I HEART HIGHLANDER!

by Alaskan Grandma from Anchorage, Ak on Mon Jan 18 2016

My new Highlander is basically the only "Cadallac" I will ever own. This car does everything but cook dinner- and I'm pretty sure I could put a tin foil dinner under the hood and it would cook dinner too! Lane change rear view mirror warning detector, auto stop when a near collision is eminent, heated front and back seats, JBL sound system ,dual moon roofs, auto tail gate lift, back window lift for carrying long loads- WOW!! What a car! And on top of that, 6 cylinder engine with mega pick up and go and 30 miles to the gallon. That's right- my 15 ft long Highlander is getting 30 miles to the gallon...LOVE IT!! This year, our whole family went Toyota. In our family we now have 2 Four Runners, ( my married son and married daughter) a Rav 4, (college son) two Tundras ( my husband and his construction business) and my Highlander...We are team TOYOTA!

When ready there will be a 4th Highlander

by Loyal Highlander Owner from Lorton VA on Sat Dec 23 2017

This is our third highlander and there will be a 4th. It is roomy, stylist and a good value for the money spent. Maintenance cost are low and we can rely on it no matter what the road or weather conditions are.

The perfect SUV!

by Antony2017 from Orlando, Florida on Sat Sep 02 2017

Anywhere, anytime or anything you wanna do this Comfy, strong, spacious, powerful, beautiful... Great SUV they'll take the way should be. Thank you!

Our Take on the 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Editor's note: This review was written in July 2014 about the 2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2015, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

You seldom get a second chance to make a first impression. I left the Cars.com $40,000 3-Row Challenge less than impressed with the conventional Toyota Highlander, but the 2014 Toyota Highlander's hybrid version turned me into a fan.

The 2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is the best version of the three-row SUV, with strong, smooth power and excellent fuel economy — as long as you can afford its steep price.

The Highlander and Highlander Hybrid were... Read More