2004 Toyota RAV4 consumer reviews

side view of 2004 RAV4 Toyota
Explore the 2004 Toyota RAV4
2.9

This vehicle is unpredictable

Why: the oxygen sense can malfunction and the gas peddle is touchy. Therefore it can get stuck and accelerate quickly but unexpected. My experience has been an accident because of this unique malfunction.

Owned for 8 years

I have owned this cute compact suv for 8 years and haven't had any problems .. I've only had to replace brakes, tires, struts and shocks. Key fab doesn't work anymore but this car is super dependable. It picks up speed when merging onto highway and can pass a car without a problem. Tons of room inside for cargo, groceries, dogs and costco runs. I love this car and it is rated the best buy for 2004 used cars in consumer reports Great value, great resale and no issues

Great car for the money

Our family discovered that we still needed a "big" car and a small car when our kids got older and we traded the minivan for a sedan. We looked for SUV kind of cars, but many of them drove like trucks, which I did not want. Also, they got to be too big. We looked at older Honda CRV and Toyota RAV 4 and Subaru Forrester and Outback(people don't get rid of their Subaru's), but this was the best of the lot available. I would recommend this make and model to anybody.

4.4

RAV4 Great small SUV

The RAV4 drive well, not the quietest small suv on the market, but has plenty of power. Toyota needs to work on their interior style to catch GM and Ford. But the Rav4 makes up for their interior by supplying you with an automobile that doesnt need a transmission or electrical repair by 150,000 miles. Bottom line want a vehicle that goes 200,000 miles without major repair buy a Toyota.

My Second RAV

I found an '04 RAV through cars.com; it was featured at a local dealership. It has a manual transmission and 4WD which was exactly what I was looking for. The miles were quite low at 50,000 and the car looked to be in great condition. There was some dirty marks in the interior , but the detail crew at the dealership took care of it. It is a comfortable ride, is good on gas mileage, and looks sharp. One quirk I've discovered about it: the clutch has to be fully depressed in order to start the vehicle. If it is as little as 1/4" variance, the car won't start. No problem since figuring out how sensitive the clutch can be. I'm really pleased with my purchase. Toyota makes a great vehicle in the RAV4; it is my second one. I still have my '98 at 217,000 miles and hope the '04 will be as reliable and worthy an investment.

Traveling

This car is beyond worth it. The stereo is amazing, the 4 cylinder has major performance, incredible reliability.

4.3

First Car I've Owned

I have just got my licence but my parents had bought me a Rav4 5speed manual, because I hate driving automatic I absolutely fell in love with it. I got really comfortable with driving my car, I wouldn't trade it for anything, oh maybe a Ute! but if I couldn't get a Ute I'd stick with the Rav4. I travel 140km each week 3-4days a week, and I'd say my car pretty fuel effient.

Great SUV

This car is great for the money. It's an SUV but handles like a car. It gets MPG of an economy car. Haven't had a major repair problem since I bought it.

53 Years and 19 Cars, This is the BEST

Almost unbelievable combination of quality, features economy and astounding reliability. I'm 6'5" tall drive 33,000 local and trans-continental miles a year in amazing comfort. Plenty of legroom-no cramps. I live up on a wintertime "ice mountain" and have no fear of the weather. After 125,000, my only mechanical failure was one rubber door jamb bumper that froze and pulled out when the temp dropped 36 degrees one night after a rain. (Cost: $2.45) That's the only mechanical failure. Toyota has engineered the ideal set of compromises into a versatile car that is worth on 25% less than the day I bought it four years ago. That's simply spooky. This car is a "keeper."

Best in Class and Best in Quality

I love my Rav4. I had a Jeep Wrangler, but I felt like I spent more time in the repair shop with it than on the road. I had major problems with the Jeep electrical system. The gas mileage and road noise in the Jeep was also horrible, so road trips were not enjoyable. I can't imagine driving any other car. I compared specs and considered the quality of this vehicle to others and the Rav4 wins hands down. Thank You Toyota!!