2016 RAV4 Hybrid

2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

Have you driven the 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid?

Great Mileage and Performance

by Robert_in_FL from Bradenton, FL on Tue Mar 21 2017

I traded a 2013 Prius V for this Rav4 Hybrid. The difference in size, comfort, high driving position and acceleration is well worth it. I chose the XLE, not because it was about $5,000 less, but because after living with the horrid "leatherette" seats in the Prius V, I wanted nothing to do with them, again!!! Let's face it, cheating out by not putting real leather seats in a $35,000 vehicle that is otherwise loaded, is just plain wrong! The seats don't breathe like real leather, and they sort of smell like the recycled plastic bottles that went into them. The cloth seats in the XLE are very comfortable and will wear very well. So far, in 16,000 miles, I am averaging 32 MPG, which I think is fantastic for an SUV that is just about the same size and weight as my 2001 Lexus RX. Save the $600 Nav package and use your iPhone...it does a better job and gives you up to date traffic info.

2016 Rav4 Hybrid

by Toyota lover from Omaha, Nebraska on Fri Apr 29 2016

I traded in my 2014 Rav4 XLE AWD for my new 2016 Rav4 XLE Hybrid and I love the gas mileage. I do city and highway driving and average 34.6. In my previous Rav4 I got 22 so I am very impressed. I also love that the hybrid battery does not take away much cargo space. I also love the height adjustable power lift gate so it doesn't hit my garage. I also like how it has a lot of power when passing and pulling out in traffic.And finally the most important thing that I love is that it has a 5 star crash rating and is a 2016 top safety pick +.

Love Rav 4 Hybrid

by Dude55311 from Minneapolis on Wed Apr 27 2016

This vehicle is so quiet and relaxing that it puts my petulant 4 year old to sleep. Words cannot quantify how big of a deal that it is. The Rav 4 Hybrid is like having the fuel efficiency of a Honda Civic with the utility of a SUV and the refinements of a Lexus. Suffice to say, I am very happy with my new Rav 4 Hybrid.

Big Upgrade From the Prius

by HybridMinnesota from Minneapolis, MN on Mon Apr 18 2016

After 10 years with the Prius, I'm very happy to leave behind total digital information on the dashboard. Also, the sound coming from road and tire noise is much less. I live in Minnesota, the new Gen 4 Prius sits even lower than 5 inches off the ground. The RAV4 Hybrid sits 7 inches off the ground. It also offers Electronic/Intelligent AWD. I'm very pleased with this vehicle.

family

by family from oregon on Thu Mar 24 2016

older women,owner. Easy getting in and out,drives very nice many safety features.,Best Toyota service plan .

Economical and reliable.

by Reliability in mind. from Coeur d Alene, Id. on Fri Jul 01 2016

I owned a 2013RAV 4 LE and traded it in for a 2016 RAV 4 Hybrid. This car runs quieter and gives a better ride. I haven't put gas in it yet but it look like I am getting about 35 mpg around town. Even the audio system sounds better. I'd highly recommend this vehicle.

MPG & Toyota Reliability!

by mma2 from Vacaville, CA on Sun Feb 25 2018

Early 2018. Gave my 2007 Camry Hybrid to a family member, which is still going strong after 130K miles. Beyond normal maintenance, this car only required a new 12V battery six months ago (not the main hybrid battery), and the hybrid battery still tests as nearly new. Wanted a new hybrid with all of the current safety devices, but did drive the highly acclaimed new-gen CRV to see what it was about (we own a 2010 CRV). Nice car, but no long term reliability track record for the turbo engine, and not hybrid mpg. The 2018 Camry Hybrid's entry/exit height is a lot lower than before and too low for me. Drove the 2018 RAV4 Hybrid and loved it. Was going to buy a new one when I found a 15 month old 2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited with less than 5,000 miles at a nearby dealership. 2016 Limited has all of the same safety features as 2018, got a great price, bought it. My wife and I are delighted! No problem getting 30-31 mpg in our mostly urban driving, our former Camry Hybrid got 33-34 mpg for the same routine driving. Smoother, quieter, more fun to drive than the Camry, too. Best of all, we know that the hybrid drive in our new RAV4 will last for at least the next decade! Highly recommended!

Reliable Great Gas Mileage

by Decker2049 from on Wed May 31 2017

Great car, good mpg, seats are fairly comfortable but not great for long trips. Great styling compared to previous model and ride is comfortable.

Prettiest SUV I've ever owned

by Ladykyle from Englewood Fl on Fri Jun 02 2017

I really researched this model and was very pleased with the way it's made. The quietness and comfort are above any other SUV . Have had many different people ride in it and travel in it. They overall were so happy about the ride and the quietness of my SUV! This is people who own their own SUV. Loved the interior I chose it looks more like a much more expensive car.

Pleasantly surprised

by Progressive from on Tue Aug 01 2017

This car should be driven by everyone. The Rav4Hybrid is tomorrows car available now.Safety performance good looks and economy meets today's drivers needs.Drive one and you will experience what I mean.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

The 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid offers better acceleration, more horsepower and torque than the gas-only RAV4, but in the compact SUV class, its calling card is its mileage, not its overall competitiveness.

The hybrid powertrain, available only on the upper XLE and Limited trim levels, is part of an overall light restyling of the RAV4 for 2016.

As a small hybrid SUV, the RAV4 Hybrid faces competition only from the all-wheel-drive Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid, which is technically a subcompact. Compare the RAV4 Hybrid and Crosstrek Hybrid here. The RAV4 Hybrid also competes against a number of gas-only compact SUVs, including the Ford Escape, Honda CR-V and Chevrolet Equinox. You can compare them here.

I drove... Read More