2017 RAV4 Hybrid

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid?

2017 Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid----Outstanding!

by Donald S W. from Williamsville, NY on Fri Mar 31 2017

We purchased a 2017 Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid from West Herr Toyota of Williamsville this past December, 2016. We have previously owned other Toyotas for many years and this was our first Hybrid purchase. First of all, the reason we bought the car was for gas mileage and I am proud to say we have been averaging over 35 mpg since December. The quality of workmanship of the car is outstanding. The interior is very comfortable and the materials utilized are of high quality. The sound deadening is amazing as it is so quiet when you drive it in either mode. The car came with Michelin tires which I feel give you a very secure feeling on the road. The safety devices in the car are amazing. They notify you of slippery roads, if you are veering over the road line as well as a backup camera. Toyota really cares about the passengers safety. In conclusion, I highly recommend this vehicle and give it a 5 Star rating!

Great Blend of Style, Comfort, and Function

by Jack from Winchester, VA on Sat Jun 03 2017

I have about 1,500 miles on my 2017 Rav4 Hybrid Limited. I use the vehicle primarily to navigate a long daily commute (125 miles a day). My route is a mix of interstate highway, 2-lane primary routes, and stop lights/heavier traffic. I am averaging about 37 mpg, and I haven't changed my driving style to try to "hyper mile". I had also been considering a Honda Civic- great styling and with mpg ratings of 31/42, clearly a good choice. But I really wanted the AWD, additional space, and ease of entry/exit in a small SUV. I am glad I did- and at 37 mpg this Rav4 hybrid is exceeding expectations. I went with the Limited model after a lot of angst. At various times I was considering both the XLE and SE models as well. I chose the Limited to spoil myself with the heated softex seating in the winter, and ultimately chose a model with most options including the front and rear radar and panoramic camera. The LED headlights put out an outstanding view- big help for night driving. The SE has many of the features of a Limited as well, and might be a good choice for many. I drove the XLE as well, and found it to be comfortable and tempting to purchase. I also considered the Honda CR-V, and it is a very nice vehicle as well. For me it came down to a slight styling preference towards the Rav4- rear visibility on the RAV seems a bit better, and I prefer the front end styling of the RAV. And, so far, the fuel economy on the hybrid RAV seems to be perhaps ~7 mpg better than the expected average of 30 mpg (27/33) than the CR-V rating. I would recommend the RAV4 hybrid as a fun, comfortable, secure, and pleasant vehicle for most driving scenarios. It excels as a commuter, road trip vehicle for 1 to 4, and daily chores. I've read that it does well in snow and rain- it's too soon for me to have had any experience with either yet.

it is a toyota, what more needs to be said

by carol a brown from San Antonio on Fri Apr 21 2017

we have become a toyota family. i started with a corolla('03 w/206000miles and going strong), 2013 prius(still in the family), our rav 4, and now my new '17 rav4 hybrid. these have all been great cars with just regular maintence.

Best Rav 4 yet!

by Debra@SF from Sunnyvale, CA on Thu Jul 13 2017

this is my 3rd Rav4 and I have to say it is the best! Great gas mileage, they improved the outside noise level and handles like a dream. Worth the extra money.

So Happy With My Rav 4 Hybrid

by Carol HW from Eagle Creek, OR on Thu Mar 30 2017

I just purchased a Rav 4 LTD Hybrid from Gresham Toyota. I love everything about it. It's the perfect size. It has great maneuverability and pick up. Reducing our carbon footprint is very important to me. My new Rav 4 helps me do my part!

I am in love with this car!

by SC from Stroudsburg, PA on Fri May 26 2017

I stay in the Poconos and its about 110 miles to Philly Airport. I do a lot of flying as i am in consulting. This car always gives a fuel efficiency avg of about 35mpg. Beat that! With a 2.5 lt engine, safety features such as lane change alert, collision detect, assisted cruise control, it's a pleasure to drive. The moon roof makes it a favorite for my gf and auto high beam is a blessing every time we drive at night.

Safest and reliable car I have owned

by Rosie the Riveter from Douglas, Wyoming on Thu Jun 22 2017

This car is what I was looking for. I am a short person- it put me higher and let me see more, increased my ground clearance ( we get snow in winter) and makes me feel safer. I feel it will help me have better gas milage and it has great conveniences.

Linda`s Rav 4 Hybrid

by Linda from Shirley, ME. on Mon Apr 10 2017

This is Rav 4 # 7, first Hybrid, think I`m really going to enjoy it, it`s fun to drive has so many nice features. Charlie`s in Augusta, best place to buy.

Best car I have ever driven.

by Toyota Fan from ANNAPOLIS, Md on Thu May 11 2017

Easy handling, extremely comfortable, amazing safety features. Originally planned to purchase a Cadillac or Lincoln, but I feel that this car is everything I wanted in a car.

Excellent Hybrid vehicle

by Ken from Louisville from Louisville, KY on Thu Nov 09 2017

Plenty of style, passenger and cargo space, and better than good fuel economy. The ride and the handling are very good both on local roads and highways.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

Editor's note: This review was written in December 2015 about the 2016 RAV4 Hybrid, but little of substance has changed. To see what's new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid offers better acceleration, more horsepower and torque than the gas-only RAV4, but in the compact SUV class, its calling card is its mileage, not its overall competitiveness.

The hybrid powertrain, available only on the upper XLE and Limited trim levels, is part of an overall light restyling of the RAV4 for 2016.

As a small hybrid SUV, the RAV4 Hybrid faces competition only from the all-wheel-drive Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid, which... Read More